Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 01 2009
By: renaissanceman87 Gaming Beast 2051 posts

Anyone find it extremely hard to win games lately?

11 replies 433 views Edited Aug 1, 2009

I typically play 80% Warzone games, and maybe 20% bodycount games.  For the first 4 months of playing this game, I had a decent 66% winning percentage.

Now this past month, my win percentage for July was like 44% or something like that.  No matter what I did, I felt like I was always on the losing team.  It's impossible for someone to have as consistent bad luck as I had for the last month playing games...  You'd think from time to time, when I joined a game, I'd be placed on a team with at least 1 or 2 other competent players. YOU'D THINK! Just wondering if anyone else had anything similar happen to them in the past month where they seem to be losing more games than they are normally used to.  When you go from winning 2 out of 3 to winning less than half, it's like somethings up.  I don't feel like I've been playing any different than I normally do either.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: Anyone find it extremely hard to win games lately?

Aug 1, 2009
Luckily I've had the privilege of playing quite a bit with my friends.  3 or 4 friends on the same faction makes a difference...especially if you play alot together.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (433 Views)
Sackboy
429 posts

Aug 1, 2009
I don't think that's the deal here, nothing has changed really because for every game that you lost there was another team that won, maybe you're always stuck on the wrong side of the equation.

For the tacticians: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9icikXSlNtU
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Aug 1, 2009

If the win/loss ratio is really important for you, then just pay attention during the first 30 seconds of the game and see which side seems to have the better players.  Clues are multiple matching clan tags, higher proportion of Reds/Purples/etc., more high-ranked players (general +), and also people who you saw do well in the previous game.  You can usually switch teams during the chaotic first few seconds of a match as lots of people fill up the teams.

However, I would like to say that W/L ratio, like all online statistics, are very unreliable and unscientific, and give no clear indication of the skill of the player.  Someone who is in a clan and plays with friends will have a much higher win ratio than someone who doesn't, even if that player is better.  Also, by employing the tactics I just described you can easily achieve a W/L ratio higher than 1 even if you never play the game but just sit idle on that winning team.    

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (433 Views)
Fender Bender
4925 posts

Aug 1, 2009

killjoy_666 wrote:
I don't think that's the deal here, nothing has changed really because for every game that you lost there was another team that won, maybe you're always stuck on the wrong side of the equation.

This.

It's down to how lucky you get with team placement. Playing with buddies and/or clanmates will increase your odds.

There's one thing I'd like to point out as well. You know how there's no way to distinguish your post from your signature? Well, this is one of them.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Aug 1, 2009

Find it hard to WIN games? Heck, I find it hard to even LOSE games.

I get disconnected before it can happen.

xmrpolyx
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Aug 1, 2009

xMrPolyx wrote:

Find it hard to WIN games? Heck, I find it hard to even LOSE games.

I get disconnected before it can happen.

I have only been disconnected from like 2 games, and I have played over 100 hours.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1456 posts

Aug 1, 2009
Are you trying to win team games single-handedly?
btbamsig.jpg
PSN: xxvic1ousxx • DustloopMLGProShoryukenXBL:xxxvic1ousxxx
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2865 posts

Aug 1, 2009
Maybe it's because more people are joining clans, and when you play you might be going up agaisnt a clan on the opposite team?  If you're not already in a clan, you should join one, make some friends, and play the game as a team.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Aug 3, 2009

Must be bad luck.... there's only 2 teams and one of them has to win

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (433 Views)
0 Likes