Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 07 2009
By: ALl2K9 Uncharted Territory 2013 posts

3 Reason's Why I Stopped Playing Killzone 2

25 replies 18 views Edited Nov 7, 2009

Before I start. Please do not post any rude comment's. These are my feedback on how to improve future Killzone MP's. 

Okay, Yesterday I got playing Killzone 2 again because I wanted to fall in love with it as I did with the orginal Killzone (PS2) MP. I didn't understood why I stopped playing it in the first place. I love the Killzone series and I'm one of the true orginal's from the start so I had to give this game another shot. I just had to.

Well when I started playing it.. I started hating it. My reasons.

1.Spawning - It's so annoying when ever you respond and your enemy is waiting for you and kills you right when you respond. This includes C4 bombs on the ground. I wish GGames could've had like a 5 second killing delay when you respond so you can take a look around the map and see whats going on. So this is annoying.

2. Lack Of Community - Having a mic isn't the best to connect with your friends & enemy. Because not a lot of people carry's Mic's but if they do (Which I do) It's laggy and it's boring compared to texting people. This is why MGO is so popular. Everyone can connect with one another without a mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbdwN5JjyIU

3. Bots - They are still very strong. I'll get shot 3 times by it and I'm dead?

So.. there you have it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (18 Views)
Splicer
90 posts

Re: 3 Reason's Why I Stopped Playing Killzone 2

Nov 7, 2009
The Mic issue can be solved very easy.  Do what the box does and provide one with every purchase of a system and make it a wired one that is reliable.  Then there will always be people connected with mics.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Nov 7, 2009
I'll play this game again when there is 35 multiplayer maps.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5506 posts

Nov 7, 2009

ALl2K9 wrote:

Before I start. Please do not post any rude comment's. These are my feedback on how to improve future Killzone MP's. 

Okay, Yesterday I got playing Killzone 2 again because I wanted to fall in love with it as I did with the orginal Killzone (PS2) MP. I didn't understood why I stopped playing it in the first place. I love the Killzone series and I'm one of the true orginal's from the start so I had to give this game another shot. I just had to.

1.Spawning - It's so annoying when ever you respond and your enemy is waiting for you and kills you right when you respond. This includes C4 bombs on the ground. I wish GGames could've had like a 5 second killing delay when you respond so you can take a look around the map and see whats going on. So this is annoying.

2. Lack Of Community - Having a mic isn't the best to connect with your friends & enemy. Because not a lot of people carry's Mic's but if they do (Which I do) It's laggy and it's boring compared to texting people. This is why MGO is so popular. Everyone can connect with one another without a mic.

So.. there you have it.

1. there's a spawn camera, take as long as you want to look at it.

2. forums, PSN, IM programs. This isn't a problem.

3. then stop running at them. You don't charge headlong into an enemy, so don't do it with bots, they're enemies too. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4088 posts

Nov 7, 2009

ALl2K9 wrote:

So.. there you have it.

1. Ironic that we did have something along the lines to prevent this but everyone cried about it

3. Are you sure you arent being hit in the head by them? But 3 shots would get annoying though

Custard - Smacked On Your Gob!
Deus Ex Trout
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1703 posts

Nov 7, 2009

I got headshotted by an enemy turret as I ran out the door of my base the other day. . . .the turret was at ground level round a corner. . .one single bullet headshot.

Infuriating , it has only happened once. . .but shouldn't happen at all - bots shouldn't be allowed headshots. 

Killzone 2 userbar
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5506 posts

Nov 7, 2009

Cloudburst-- wrote:

I got headshotted by an enemy turret as I ran out the door of my base the other day. . . .the turret was at ground level round a corner. . .one single bullet headshot.

Infuriating , it has only happened once. . .but shouldn't happen at all - bots shouldn't be allowed headshots. 

I got a headshot when I rounded a corner and accidentally hit R1 while talking on the mic.

He was on the other side of the map. 

That was with Berg right before my first Ratts and Roaches =p

I like the turrets, they serve as an unofficial 'no go' zone on maps, forces you to do something different..

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1703 posts

Nov 7, 2009

I have no idea what you just said.

Yes turrets are quite strategic but leaving the door of your base and being headshotted before you even know there's a turret there is a bit unfair. I only knew I was turreted as the camera panned to it in the background.

Killzone 2 userbar
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5506 posts

Nov 7, 2009

Cloudburst-- wrote:

I have no idea what you just said.

Yes turrets are quite strategic but leaving the door of your base and being headshotted before you even know there's a turret there is a bit unfair. I only knew I was turreted as the camera panned to it in the background.

I know, but you can be headshotted when you round a corner by a sniper too.
or a grenade.
or a pistol.
Hell, you can get headshotted by a nuke. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Nov 8, 2009
your spawn point is flawed b/c little do people know that theres a CAMERA yes a CAMERA when your about to spawn, you can look around check if theres people there or any c4 on the ground... its not difficult to take a peek before you spawn, yes its limited but its way better than not looking at all.. its there USE IT
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (18 Views)
0 Likes