Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 31 2012
By: xarchersz First Son 6 posts

where is jak 4?

16 replies 910 views Edited Jul 31, 2012
jak and daxter is the best 3D platformer ever. when the ps3 came out, i thought that naughty dog would be sensible enough to make a jak 4. but they make uncharted instead. not saying that uncharted sucks or anything. i think its a great game. but jak and daxter made naughty dog famous. the teaser trailer doesnt say much. only that they are making another jak and daxter. but come on naughty dog. its not to late yet for a jak 4.
Message 1 of 17 (910 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Re: where is jak 4?

Jul 31, 2012

xarchersz wrote:
not saying that uncharted sucks or anything. i think its a great game. but jak and daxter made naughty dog famous. the teaser trailer doesnt say much. only that they are making another jak and daxter. but come on naughty dog. its not to late yet for a jak 4.

Well first, Crash Bandicoot was more or less what made Naughty Dog famous, and in their progression, as they're so famous for, Jak & Daxter was spawned. And progressing even further on the PS3, they created this story that was more in depth involving humans. If I find the link later, you should see how Uncharted became what it is today, it was following a similar story and path as the Jak series was in terms of content, but they felt as their company progressed, it's time for new things.

The reason, as they've said, they're not going back to the Jak series, is they feel that by making a sequel as far as they've come, they would be "regressing". I still would like a Jak 4, but I don't think that's on the table any time soon. But I do partly agree, I'd love to see Jak & Daxter with today's graphics and technology... the worlds would look amazing.

Message 2 of 17 (909 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Aug 2, 2012
Jak 4............. :smileysad: oh I wish. Maybe one day.
Message 3 of 17 (884 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 4, 2012

Regressing, ND needs to understand J&D was a hit. J&D was greatly known on PS2. A lot of my friends are highly grateful the HD collection came out. ND I am the person yall need to talk to about a Jak 4. I have to be one of the biggest jak fans worldwide. I have been playing Jak for over A decade. Ive played, platinum'ed and beat all the games on both systems. For the last 2weeks I have been on a Jak marathon for the nostalgia and awesomeness of the game. I just recently beat Jak 2 and 3 2more times in a exact row because of my love and dedication for the series. Ive played it for so long I got 3 of my friends who platinum'ed it back into the series and one of my friends asked me should I get Jak? He asked me because he seen me on it for days without playing no other games. Point is ND you cant be afraid, yes Uncharted was a great series, but yall need to wake up and understand jak is in for a high demand right now. Jak is wanted. Ppl arent even asking for crash, even though they dont know your not with them anymore. Its about half and half with UC and J&D. Half the ppl want J&D and the other half wants UC. We've had enough UC, seriously we dont need anymore for a while. Yall implemented online on it, just focus on expanding the online for UC3. After everything seen in 3 I dont even see anymore possiblities with another UC. 

I can guaranteed you ND that bringing back J&D on ps3 or ps4 whatever will be the greatest thing yall ever done and that yall will regret it for doing earlier. Its been a decade and I never lost hope for J&D. Ive believed in PSN getting Jak avatars, themes, HD Collection Trilogy and another Jak game in the series on ps3. The rebirth of the Dynamic Duo on ps3. *ND talk to me, here my ideas, im not just a fanboy who wants another game. Ive put myself in yall shoes. I have a lot of massive ideas regarding-Plot, gameplay, levels, design, weather effects, whatever you need help with I can provide my assistance. There aren't a lot of true dedicated J&D fans like me out there. Im one of the TRUE FANS. Like I said im still playing the whole series after *Multiple playthroughs*. 

To me Jak and Daxter are the king of the other 2 heroes Sly and Ratchet. Its not fair to see Sly and Ratchet continue and grow on the newer gens and not Jak. Jak&D are bad$$ partners and characters. Ive gotten every game Jak is included in because Jak is my fav game & char ever, yes no ps3 game has beaten Jak. Jak is at my top. Only got Playstation Move Heroes for Jak. If just Sly And Ratchet were in it I wouldnt have even look at a trailer. Im just getting Playstation All Stars Battle Royal just for Jak. He's already my fav character and will be most used character in that game. When I saw his announced trailer I kid you not I watched it about 50x. I was so jubilant when I saw he was going to be in that game.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 4 of 17 (860 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Aug 5, 2012
We want more jak and daxter
Message 5 of 17 (854 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Aug 5, 2012
I am trying to imagine what the series could have become if it had continued onto the PS3. It could have been amazing.
Message 6 of 17 (849 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Aug 5, 2012

It still has a chance, stop saying could. May'be they just wasn't ready. They better make a sequel after the last of us.

Only time will tell.
Message 7 of 17 (845 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Aug 6, 2012
BlueDiamond, I really hope so. Jak and Daxter is a great series, and it needs to be revived soon.
Message 8 of 17 (829 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Trust me we will getting another Jak wether its from ND or not. I saw 2 older interview posts they had towards jak. They said they would like to go back and that it will look interesting on the uncharted engine. The problem is they are trying to make it as close to the original as possible, they dont want to dissapoint the fans.

Only time will tell.
Message 9 of 17 (816 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Aug 10, 2012
i really need more crash . im not mentioning jak.
i dont like
Message 10 of 17 (802 Views)
0 Likes