Reply
Apr 12 2009
By: DarthDump69 Hekseville Citizen 399 posts
Offline

the lost frontier........for ps2? really naughtydog?

38 replies 33 views Edited Apr 12, 2009
i mean come on, from what ive seen from the screenshots, the graphics look even worse than jak 1 why make a game for psp and ps2 when you have got a next gen console that plays blu-rays with capabilities unknown to this point. it doesnt make sense to waste money on a game for an outdated console
darthdump69



WARNING: The above post may contain sex, violence, sexual violence, violent sex, drug use, sexual drugs, violent drugs, sexual sex, and violent violence.
Message 1 of 39 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/27/2006
Offline
1794 posts
 

Re: the lost frontier........for ps2? really naughtydog?

Apr 12, 2009

DarthDump69 wrote:
i mean come on, from what ive seen from the screenshots, the graphics look even worse than jak 1 why make a game for psp and ps2 when you have got a next gen console that plays blu-rays with capabilities unknown to this point. it doesnt make sense to waste money on a game for an outdated console
The screenshots are from the PSP version, so hopefully the PS2 graphics look like the ones from Jak 2, 3, and X. 
 
 

 

Message 2 of 39 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 03/07/2008
Offline
2890 posts
 

Re: the lost frontier........for ps2? really naughtydog?

Apr 12, 2009
and it's being made by High Impact games. not NaughtyDog unfortunatly
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Message 3 of 39 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/15/2008
Offline
1581 posts
 

Re: the lost frontier........for ps2? really naughtydog?

Apr 12, 2009
I judt dont know why people think that making a new jak game is horrible on the ps2 and psp, dude console doesnt make a game horrible its the gameplay and story that does. And plus it is H.I.G( High Impact Games) who's developing it , not Naughty Dog.
Message 4 of 39 (33 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/14/2009
Offline
3465 posts
 

Re: the lost frontier........for ps2? really naughtydog?

Apr 12, 2009
Well Jak TLF might be the last PS2 game cause 2009 is the last year for PS2 games.
Message 5 of 39 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/13/2009
Offline
1469 posts
 

Re: the lost frontier........for ps2? really naughtydog?

Apr 13, 2009

DarthDump69 wrote:
i mean come on, from what ive seen from the screenshots, the graphics look even worse than jak 1 why make a game for psp and ps2 when you have got a next gen console that plays blu-rays with capabilities unknown to this point. it doesnt make sense to waste money on a game for an outdated console

Naughty Dog isn't making it, High Impact is. A simple Google search, or even looking at some of the threads on here would have told you this.

Message 6 of 39 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/22/2009
Offline
3106 posts
 

Re: the lost frontier........for ps2? really naughtydog?

Apr 13, 2009

I hate how some people have written off this game because it is on PS2 and PSP. We haven't even seen any gameplay yet! Although I would have prefered Ready at Dawn to make it, High Impact have shown their worth with Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank and will make the new Jak the must have PSP and Ps2 game of 2009

Also, I have heard some people saying that this game is marking the end of Naughty Dog's involvement with Jak. TLF is just a spinoff like Daxter. I don't think anyone got this worked up when Daxter was announced

Message Edited by Andy-McK-4ever on 04-13-2009 12:55 AM

                                Reviews.Trophies

Photobucket

Message 7 of 39 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/26/2007
Offline
7871 posts
 

Re: the lost frontier........for ps2? really naughtydog?

Apr 13, 2009

Andy-McK-4ever wrote:

I hate how some people have written off this game because it is on PS2 and PSP. We haven't even seen any gameplay yet! Although I would have prefered Ready at Dawn to make it, High Impact have shown their worth with Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank and will make the new Jak the must have PSP and Ps2 game of 2009

Also, I have heard some people saying that this game is marking the end of Naughty Dog's involvement with Jak. TLF is just a spinoff like Daxter. I don't think anyone got this worked up when Daxter was announced


Sure some people have written it off just because it's on the PSP/PS2, but for some of us it's more complicated then that. It started with the timing of the announcement, the fact that they announced the game on April Fools set a lot of us off right from the very beginning since such announcements being true on this day are extremely rare. Then comes the news that ND isn't making the game, well for many Jak fans this is a slap in the face, they stick by ND for years asking when they'll make another Jak game then ND turns around and throws out a game to a completely different developer. Then we read a little farther and discover that the game wont be made on the latest and most powerful console, but instead on a handles and a last gen console that is about to die (sorry PS2 fans, but they wont make new games forever). This part really hit hard on a lot of fans that have been looking forward to Jak in HD. But it doesn't end until we scroll down and find the screen shots. The screen shots shown have worse graphics then both TPL and Daxter, so many of us are praying that those screens were early development because if they weren't the game will look absolutely terrible.

 

Also no one has ever said that TLF will be a spin off. If we had confirmation that the game were a spin off I could guarantee that a lot of the unhappy fans will be much more willing to give it a shot and accept that it's not on the PS3. But since there is no such conformation the fans are taking it as a full fledged game and part of the Jak story.

Message 8 of 39 (33 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 01/02/2009
Offline
684 posts
 

Re: the lost frontier........for ps2? really naughtydog?

Apr 13, 2009

DVM-501 wrote:

Andy-McK-4ever wrote:

I hate how some people have written off this game because it is on PS2 and PSP. We haven't even seen any gameplay yet! Although I would have prefered Ready at Dawn to make it, High Impact have shown their worth with Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank and will make the new Jak the must have PSP and Ps2 game of 2009

Also, I have heard some people saying that this game is marking the end of Naughty Dog's involvement with Jak. TLF is just a spinoff like Daxter. I don't think anyone got this worked up when Daxter was announced


Sure some people have written it off just because it's on the PSP/PS2, but for some of us it's more complicated then that. It started with the timing of the announcement, the fact that they announced the game on April Fools set a lot of us off right from the very beginning since such announcements being true on this day are extremely rare. Then comes the news that ND isn't making the game, well for many Jak fans this is a slap in the face, they stick by ND for years asking when they'll make another Jak game then ND turns around and throws out a game to a completely different developer. Then we read a little farther and discover that the game wont be made on the latest and most powerful console, but instead on a handles and a last gen console that is about to die (sorry PS2 fans, but they wont make new games forever). This part really hit hard on a lot of fans that have been looking forward to Jak in HD. But it doesn't end until we scroll down and find the screen shots. The screen shots shown have worse graphics then both TPL and Daxter, so many of us are praying that those screens were early development because if they weren't the game will look absolutely terrible.

 

Also no one has ever said that TLF will be a spin off. If we had confirmation that the game were a spin off I could guarantee that a lot of the unhappy fans will be much more willing to give it a shot and accept that it's not on the PS3. But since there is no such conformation the fans are taking it as a full fledged game and part of the Jak story.


 

didn't they say that it took place in between Jak 3 and Jak X?

 

Anyways, you pretty much said the exact reason why a lot of us fans (including me) ar upset that not onyl is it gonna be on the PS3, but its not gonna be made by ND.

 

But atleast this gives me a reason to play my pS2 again

 

Message Edited by Iznhou on 04-13-2009 12:26 PM
Photobucket

Message 9 of 39 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/03/2006
Offline
9915 posts
 

Re: the lost frontier........for ps2? really naughtydog?

Apr 18, 2009
Its made by HIG not ND





Message 10 of 39 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes