Nov 24 2010
By: JakDaxFan1 Splicer 47 posts

Why does everybody think Jak II is so hard?

19 replies 557 views Edited Nov 24, 2010

If you ask me the difficulty is perfect. I understand on Hero Mode the "Destroy Ship at Drill Platform" (or something like that) is pretty hard, but I was goofing around one day and I found a glitch that takes away the first few. Do the second Dark Jak move (square then X) over the track that the turret rides on. It may take a few tries, but if you do it correctly you will see a few small explosions. Get in the turret and you will only have to fight the 40. Also, does anybody think the ships are WAY easier than the guards. Bottom line I don't think the game is that hard.

Message 1 of 20 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Well, I have been playing this since it first came out, a...

Nov 24, 2010
Well, I have been playing this since it first came out, also is their any way I can change my picture. It makes me look like a girl. I hate it!
Message 2 of 20 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

haha!

Nov 25, 2010

Thanks for clearing that up. I was about to start flirting with you.

Message 3 of 20 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: Why does everybody think Jak II is so hard?

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

Jak 2 is the hardest one but I still did enjoy it. The hardest mission to me is the one at the platform with all the guards. That was too hard! lol 

Message 4 of 20 (546 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Well, what you find perfect, others might find difficult or easy.*shrugs* Gamers are different I guess. For me, I find it hard because it's such a big jump from the first game, and I am in love with the first game. You go from collecting in the first game to the swearing, shooting, racing Jak 2 that well all know and love, it's a little shocking. I guess it's just something me and other gamers who find it hard have to get used to. The racing still makes me nervous and that whole dropping bombs into the dark eco mines still get me alot. XD

I love Jak 2 and even Jak 3 all the same though; it's The Lost Frontier that I have issues with.....

Those friggin' Lurker sharks...
Message 5 of 20 (504 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Sep 29, 2012

That1CrazyPanda wrote:

Well, what you find perfect, others might find difficult or easy.*shrugs* Gamers are different I guess. For me, I find it hard because it's such a big jump from the first game, and I am in love with the first game. You go from collecting in the first game to the swearing, shooting, racing Jak 2 that well all know and love, it's a little shocking. I guess it's just something me and other gamers who find it hard have to get used to. The racing still makes me nervous and that whole dropping bombs into the dark eco mines still get me alot. XD

I love Jak 2 and even Jak 3 all the same though; it's The Lost Frontier that I have issues with.....

You get kudos for that and I agree with that. You respect all 3 games and I like that. I dont like those fanboys who think Jak 1 is the best and Jak Ii & 3 are sh*t. I respect ppl who like all 3 games. But Jak X is also loved. I understand if ppl refer to loving the HD Collection but I like to remind ppl about Jak X which was tons of fun as well. It will be getting an HD version very soon Smiley Happy

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 6 of 20 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Oct 7, 2012
its hard . not if you grew up playing JAND D but yea its hard compared to most games..
Message 7 of 20 (471 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 28, 2012
I think people think its hard because of 3 things.

Races

The water slums ambush

The Drill platform ship
Message 8 of 20 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3979 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Jak II has just the right amount of challenge for someone like myself.  I'm currently playing through it for the first time, and progress wise, I'm around the 50% mark.  It's pushing me to sharpen my skills, and it really tests my endurance more than anything, but it's not frustrating to me.  Sure, I die.  Sure, I fail missions.  I just keep at it until I beat them.  However, I can understand why Jak II is known for its difficulty.  Modern games are no where near as challenging.  Someone raised on those games, or who is no longer used to playing older games, might find Jak II difficult. 

The ship mission on the drill platform was supposed to be one of the hardest in the whole game?  I finished that one tonight.  It only took me two tries.  The first time, it was the horde of 40 enemies that took me out.  The ships were much easier by comparison.  My first turrent only had one sliver left the second time around, but both times, I didn't really take more than one sliver of damage before taking on the horde.  For me, the side challenges have proven to be more challenging, but I guess it varies from person to person. 

Message 9 of 20 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Oct 31, 2012

tross88 wrote:

Jak II has just the right amount of challenge for someone like myself.  I'm currently playing through it for the first time, and progress wise, I'm around the 50% mark.  It's pushing me to sharpen my skills, and it really tests my endurance more than anything, but it's not frustrating to me.  Sure, I die.  Sure, I fail missions.  I just keep at it until I beat them.  However, I can understand why Jak II is known for its difficulty.  Modern games are no where near as challenging.  Someone raised on those games, or who is no longer used to playing older games, might find Jak II difficult. 

The ship mission on the drill platform was supposed to be one of the hardest in the whole game?  I finished that one tonight.  It only took me two tries.  The first time, it was the horde of 40 enemies that took me out.  The ships were much easier by comparison.  My first turrent only had one sliver left the second time around, but both times, I didn't really take more than one sliver of damage before taking on the horde.  For me, the side challenges have proven to be more challenging, but I guess it varies from person to person. 

The ship mission on the drill platform. Actually thats the hardest mission on Hero Mode. Its impossible for some ppl.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 10 of 20 (399 Views)
0 Likes