Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 25 2010
By: fraz17 Sackboy 445 posts

Which is your favourite Jak & Daxter game?

24 replies 433 views Edited Sep 25, 2010

I don't think that there has ever been a topic like this.

My favourite is Jak II: Renegade. I just loved how they took what was already an epic game and added guns, a darker tone, missions and vehicles to make it seem like a sandbox game but also keeping the platforming aspects of the The Precursor Legacy. I also liked how Jak was given a personality, Daxter was more humorous and there were many new memorable characters. The story was engaging which had a huge plot twist.

Jak 3 never quite surpassed Jak II in my opinion. I liked the Wasteland but I think that they over done it with the driving missions.

Message 1 of 25 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

All 3 of them

Sep 27, 2010

I enjoyed Jak X. Daxter, PSP was great. Lost Frontier sucked enormous piles.

But agree. Although the Precursor Legacy will always be great, Jak 2 redifined the series and brought an adult humour and dark theme which hooked me. Jak 3 was also brilliant and brought more emotion to the characters.

Message 2 of 25 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

i like Jak 3 the weapons and vehicles are awesome the mus...

Sep 27, 2010
i like Jak 3
the weapons and vehicles are awesome the music too !!
Message 3 of 25 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Must be a tie between Jak 1 and Jak 3, can't choose:smile...

Sep 28, 2010

Must be a tie between Jak 1 and Jak 3, can't choose:smileyhappy:

I like the more fantasy-like setting of Jak 1 over the sci-fi setting, and I liked the simple platforming gameplay. But Jak 3 has the vehicle portions which I liked (minus the last bossfight), awesome platforming and Jak isn't an, for lack of a better word, pissed-off idiot like in 2. And I liked the desert setting more then the city setting.

The reason I didn't really liked Jak 2, was because, at that point, at got really frustrating at times. Maybe if I played it now my opinion will change in that regard, but even then I like the settings in 1 and 3 more, and like I said before, Jak's character didn't change for the better.

Message 4 of 25 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

2 v 3

Sep 28, 2010

Jak 2 was way harder than Jak 3 so that made the challenge more enjoyable. Although Jak 3 still had its really difficult moments. The Precursor Legacy though is an easy game to get through compared to the other two.

Message 5 of 25 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

It's either 2 or 3 for me, but it's hard to decide. 2 bec...

Sep 28, 2010

It's either 2 or 3 for me, but it's hard to decide. 2 because the guards actually care about chasing you and it was pretty much the beginning of a new, darker era, but 3 had epic spoilers and the wasteland is fun to waste time in. And when all is said and done, you can glitch #3 pretty easily. :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 25 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
858 posts

Exploration in Jak 3 was awesome, but mission wise I love...

Oct 1, 2010

Exploration in Jak 3 was awesome, but mission wise I loved Jak 2 more.  It was also a great challenge beatin that game and yet I still go back and play that game even though it frustrates the hell out of me.  I absolutely love that tank mission in Jak 2.

So yea Jak 2 would be my favorite.

CDwaver Youtube

Message 7 of 25 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
269 posts

Jak 2. Technology, flying vehicles, cool weapons, Jak act...

Oct 6, 2010
Jak 2. Technology, flying vehicles, cool weapons, Jak actually talks, and you can roam around Haven city which isn't in ruins like in Jak 3.
Message 8 of 25 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jak II. It made the series what it is today. Even though...

Oct 7, 2010
Jak II. It made the series what it is today. Even though the rest are fantastic (except The Lost Frontier, it was fair) this one is my favorite.
Message 9 of 25 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jak II, hands down. The story was compelling, and where i...

Oct 8, 2010

Jak II, hands down.

The story was compelling, and where is may be a story that's been used in several other games (Beyond Good and Evil, for example) it was still pulled off in such a spectacular flair that no matter what, I'm still drawn to it every time.

The characters are timeless, Daxter, the sidekick, along with Jak, the silent hero.  Keira, the childhood love interest, Samos, the protective father.  These are all personalities that we encounter in our daily lives.  And the script writing behind each and every character in the game was outright brilliant.  (Especially having the two Samos' meet for the first time, best part in the game!!  Or when Daxter got drunk, I can't decide)

The aura that the city gave off as well.  It gave off a feeling of urgency, that the world around you was dying, but the citizens around you were just too blind to see it, brainwashed by the kiosks located all over the city.

There was a message to be had in Jak II.  The storytelling was magnificent, the characters memorable, and the gameplay was fantastic in any regard.

Jak 3 on the other hand, I like to think never happened.  It was all a bad dream.  Hence the reason why Precursers had a "Wizard of Oz" unveiling, and how Erol came back from the dead as a rage-filled cyborg, who's only intention was the destroy the world.  For what?  That reason was never given.  I like to think that it was because his **bleep** was blown off in that explosion in Jak II.  Since he's not allowed any more fun in the world, may as well destroy the world!  Hahahahaha!!!  No.  Veegar would've been a far more effective villain, given his religious aspects and duty to "protect the world."  Ah, the misguided religious soldier... a perfect villain.

Who knows what we'll see in a possible next generation of the series?  ND, please, oh please oh please, don't disappoint.

Message 10 of 25 (433 Views)
0 Likes