Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

I'd have to disagree. To make a new J&D game work wit...

May 17, 2010

Krystalslover wrote:

If they make a new jak game, it better be a PS2/PS3 cross compatable, because those who can't afford a Ps3 and have the ps2 will just get screwed over, lose faith in the company, and just stop liking jak and daxter because they were forsaken due to their limitations. Which is why i don't like ratchet and clank anymore. 

I'd have to disagree. To make a new J&D game work with both PS3 and PS2 ND would have to drastically cut the potential quality of the game as compared to if they just made it for the PS3. The gamer can't fault the developer nor the game series if the developer chooses to keep up with the times and use the best technology that they can to make the best quality game that they can.

The gamers wont have to just pass by the game forever. System prices will fall eventually and gamers can save up money over time to be able to afford the system, then they'll be able to play the game at a much higher quality then if they were to make it for an older system. It just takes time.

Message 11 of 31 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

but they would lose a massive player-base.

May 17, 2010

DVM-501 wrote:

Krystalslover wrote:

If they make a new jak game, it better be a PS2/PS3 cross compatable, because those who can't afford a Ps3 and have the ps2 will just get screwed over, lose faith in the company, and just stop liking jak and daxter because they were forsaken due to their limitations. Which is why i don't like ratchet and clank anymore. 

I'd have to disagree. To make a new J&D game work with both PS3 and PS2 ND would have to drastically cut the potential quality of the game as compared to if they just made it for the PS3. The gamer can't fault the developer nor the game series if the developer chooses to keep up with the times and use the best technology that they can to make the best quality game that they can.

The gamers wont have to just pass by the game forever. System prices will fall eventually and gamers can save up money over time to be able to afford the system, then they'll be able to play the game at a much higher quality then if they were to make it for an older system. It just takes time.

Message 12 of 31 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

They could also gain just as many new players who never h...

May 17, 2010

Krystalslover wrote:

They could also gain just as many new players who never had a PS2.

Message 13 of 31 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Err...and again, lose the faith of the faithful. Whats th...

May 18, 2010

DVM-501 wrote:

Err...and again, lose the faith of the faithful. Whats the point in gaining ten chickens when you lose a hundred sheep?

Message 14 of 31 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

What makes you think think that they'll loose that many f...

May 18, 2010

Krystalslover wrote:

DVM-501 wrote:

Err...and again, lose the faith of the faithful. Whats the point in gaining ten chickens when you lose a hundred sheep?

What makes you think think that they'll loose that many fans? The majority of people have switched to a PS3 by now. In order to have the highest quality game ND would have to make the game exclusive for the highest quality system. Why sacrifice quality for the majority of the fans just because a small portion haven't upgraded yet, especially when they'll probably upgrade eventually. Sacrificing quality for an out dated system is more likely to loose fans and potential buyers then making the game exclusive to the PS3.

Even before I had a PS3 I held the position that the next game should be on the PS3. ND is capable of very high quality games and they're very capable of pushing the PS3 to its limits. So why should we hold them back? Why should we prevent ND from being able to create the best game that they can? If it means that we get the very best game possible for the very best system on the market then making the game exclusive to the PS3 and waiting a little longer for the game is worth it.

Message 15 of 31 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jak and Daxter the best of the best! And I very much want...

May 18, 2010

Jak and Daxter the best of the best!

And I very much want to see on PS3 Jak and Daxter Collection trilogy! And then Jak 4 for PS3!!!

Message 16 of 31 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

...is it possible you haven't read many of my other posts...

May 21, 2010

DVM-501 wrote:

What makes you think think that they'll loose that many fans? The majority of people have switched to a PS3 by now. In order to have the highest quality game ND would have to make the game exclusive for the highest quality system. Why sacrifice quality for the majority of the fans just because a small portion haven't upgraded yet, especially when they'll probably upgrade eventually. Sacrificing quality for an out dated system is more likely to loose fans and potential buyers then making the game exclusive to the PS3.

Even before I had a PS3 I held the position that the next game should be on the PS3. ND is capable of very high quality games and they're very capable of pushing the PS3 to its limits. So why should we hold them back? Why should we prevent ND from being able to create the best game that they can? If it means that we get the very best game possible for the very best system on the market then making the game exclusive to the PS3 and waiting a little longer for the game is worth it.

...is it possible you haven't read many of my other posts?

You're not sacrificing any quality. Mercenaries 2, by PANDEMIC STUDIOS, was running on Xbox360, PS3, and PS2. It was a massive game area. So was the wasteland and haven city in Jak 3, followed by the massive amount of levels on other places...if you seriously think they are going to go PS3 exclusive, i think you have another thing coming.

Message 17 of 31 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

jak & Daxter

May 21, 2010

they sould take jak x to ps3

Message 18 of 31 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

I'm not talking about the size of the maps. I'm talking a...

May 22, 2010

Krystalslover wrote:

...is it possible you haven't read many of my other posts?

You're not sacrificing any quality. Mercenaries 2, by PANDEMIC STUDIOS, was running on Xbox360, PS3, and PS2. It was a massive game area. So was the wasteland and haven city in Jak 3, followed by the massive amount of levels on other places...if you seriously think they are going to go PS3 exclusive, i think you have another thing coming.

I'm not talking about the size of the maps. I'm talking about quality of graphics, sound, and limits to capabilities for game play and cut scenes. If you want to best quality game in all of the aspects of the above the game will need to be developed for the PS3. To devote time, energy, and resources to create the game on the PS2 as well would downgrade the potential quality of the game.

Why is it that you seem to believe that a new J&D would be made on the PS2 for a fact? ND's latest two games were both PS3 exclusives, and the latest of the two pushes the PS3 and Blueray to their absolute limits. ND has been able to create and do things that are not possible on the PS2. Personally I would rather ND devote their time to creating a J&D game with that same power and quality.

Message 19 of 31 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

But the example of god of war collectoion been made with...

May 22, 2010

But the example of god of war collectoion been made with IMPROVED graphics and HD! And I want that Naughty Dog will make Jak and Daxter collection for the PS3!

Message 20 of 31 (69 Views)
0 Likes