Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 08 2010
By: Sonik42 Monster Hunter 44 posts

Ratchet and Clank Future, Sly Collection, but still no Jak PS3.

8 replies 115 views Edited Aug 8, 2010

Seriously, the only Jak on PS3 would be Heroes on the Move which I am not looking forward to. Naughty Dog is the only one that can perfect a Jak game. It's been five years and still no Jak. What the heck? Ratchet and Clank turned out amazing on PS3. If Jak came to PS3 by Naughty Dog, it would be so much more epic. Even after I'd get platinum I'd still be playing it because Jak is my favorite game franchise of all time (next to Metal Gear Solid). How many fans need to tell you that your Jak games are way too epic to be abandoned. Who all wants to see a new Jak? I do.

Want Jak IV?! "Like" this page on facebook please: http://goo.gl/O9TZv
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

I would love to see a new Jak & Daxter game, but I'm...

Aug 8, 2010

I would love to see a new Jak & Daxter game, but I'm sick and tired of begging at ND's feet to get it.  It should not have to be this way.  Everywhere that Uncharted is generic, Jak & Daxter is unique and epic.  I didn't care when Schafer died, but I sure as heck gave a darn when Damas died.  Note that this is because ND actually took the time to flesh Damas out as a CHARACTER.  I hate Uncharted for it's pathetic character development.  And also...it's extremely repetitive gameplay.  I wouldn't hate Uncharted so much, if Jak & Daxter weren't tossed in the dumpster.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jak was a lot more creative. Uncharted is good, but it's...

Aug 17, 2010
Jak was a lot more creative. Uncharted is good, but it's too realistic.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

The main drawback about realistic games is that you are p...

Aug 17, 2010

Sonik42 wrote:
Jak was a lot more creative. Uncharted is good, but it's too realistic.

The main drawback about realistic games is that you are pretty limited to... well, everything. Whereas the main advantage of fantasy games is that you can make a really creative game without much limitations, if any.

I honestly don't find Uncharted THAT realistic. While it may be based on real life places, there are many things that can label the game as something between fantasy and realism.

Uncharted would be very realistic IF you don't take into account how Drake can:

- Heal from fatal wounds in seconds.

- Take a ridiculous amount of damage without dying.

- Survive a helicopter throwing missiles at him.

- Perform superhuman acrobatic skills.

- Have unlimited stamina.

- Survive grenade's explosions.

- Fight zombies without pissing his pants. (lol)

- Etc.

... yet, he can die from a small fall that should only cause him a fracture.

Joking aside, I still preffer Jak and Daxter series. Perhaps because it's more fantasy themed, or maybe because the characters are very unique. After all these years, I still laugh when Daxter makes a joke and goof around (which is most of the time).

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

It's one of the most realistic games out there though. Re...

Aug 17, 2010
It's one of the most realistic games out there though. Real guns, real people. You can't make it as amazingly creative as Jak and Daxter. You can't ride in flying cars called "zoomers" or just magically change your gun using an attachment. You can't go hovering on a Jet Board. In the cutscenes, when Drake gets shot once, he's wounded bad lol. Jak had health packs so it required a lot more skill. Platformers are the best games out there and Jak and Daxter is one of the best series out there. I don't know why they stopped working on it. The most unrealistic thing about Uncharted are those guardians. Jak series > Uncharted series. I hope we see a new Jak by Naughty Dog soon.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

No PS2 D:

Aug 18, 2010

Since I saw a video of R&C it reminded me of Jack and Dexter, the first one and the best one in my opinion. I started looking on the internet for a releasedate for th next Jack and Dexter game, but came to the conclusion that there isn't one announced yet. I hope they will make one again, I loved 'em. My favorite was the first one I think, I can't play them anymore though, I got a PS3 that can't play PS2 games and my PS2 is sold.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

It's kind of hard to make comparisons between Uncharted a...

Sep 4, 2010

It's kind of hard to make comparisons between Uncharted and Jak, as they are very different games! But all in all, Jak was probably more awesome with story, but I like both series. And yeah, just try not to compare Nates' abilities to ANYONE else in the gaming universe, as he really is bound by realism. I mean, I guess he could beat the Heavy Rain cast in a fight, but no one else, y'know?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Pulls hair out

Sep 8, 2010

Its funny. If you go back in time to a year and a bit and look at forums regarding this subject and compare them to the current ones, it's amazing how the tone from fans are changing from desperation to actual frustration and anger. For me it wasn't about the lack of Jak on the PS3 but the game "Heroe's on the Move" that sent me over the edge. After all the waiting, the begging and damning silence from ND to be given some second hand bull**bleep** was such a slap in the face. And the fact that ND had the nerve to actually promote this game in interviews after remaining so stubbornly silent on the fans pleas was enough for me. They may make great games but they suck piles when it comes to being honest with what their fans are asking for.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

I really want to Jak and Daxter Collection and more Jak g...

Nov 11, 2010

I really want to Jak and Daxter Collection and more Jak games on the PS3, and I'll be very swear if Naughty Dog will not do it! I sunder all in the pieces!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Likes