Reply
Nov 18 2008
By: EmTardis First Son 20 posts
Offline

Precurosr: Missing Zoomer & Flut Flut

9 replies 418 views Edited Nov 18, 2008

Hey guys, I was hoping y'all might be able to help me out. I've looked around here and can't find anything (might have overlooked it, there are a lot of threads), looked on walkthroughs and Youtube, but nothing has been able to help me solve my problem.

 

I think I may have a glitch in Jak and Daxter: Precursor. I accomplished pretty much everything I was supposed to except getting every last single orb from the levels betweem Geyser Rock and the Precurosr City. I'm stuck so as to compelte the Basin and Swamp because I'm missing the Zoomer and Flut Flut. The Zoomer is not showing up where it should and I don't know why. From everything I have looked at, after going through Fire Canyon, it should just be there waiting at the Basin, but it isn't. I also did just about everything I could in the Swamp without the Flut Flut, but I cannot compelte the level due to the MIA bird. 

 

As to the Flut Flut issue: I did push the egg of the cliff. However, I do remember I did not talk to the old lady before doing so. I just charged ahead to the beach and pushed the egg off without speaking to her. (I had watched my cousin play it before, so I knew you had to push it off anyway.) I cannot remember if I got the cutscene. I went back to the beach to make sure I did push the egg off, and, sure enough, it is not in the nest. 

 

I have no idea what to do. I've done as much as I can without them, but there's a gap in teh Swamp I can't get over with the roll jump, and I know about the glitch to get into the Basin without the Zoomer, but I'd liek to at least have the Zoomer option. What am I missing? What didn't I do? Is it a game glitch, or did I forget to do something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

(As a side note, here is the video I posted on Youtube so you all can see the missingness. Just....ignore my voice, I sound like a moron, expecially with mispronunciations. Jak & Daxter Youtube vid )

Message 1 of 10 (418 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 03/07/2008
Offline
2890 posts
 

Re: Precurosr: Missing Zoomer & Flut Flut

Nov 19, 2008

Unfortunatly, i do not tihnk there is anyway to help you. the glitch is something that doesn't seem fix-able unless you restart your file. But if you just got the game, return it and tell them the problem. If you got it through "Inheritance" try renting the game. or go to a place that could fix this.

 

If your CD is not scratched. then i honestly do not understand the problem. and the only way to fix it would be to restart.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Message 2 of 10 (418 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/20/2008
Offline
125 posts
 

Re: Precurosr: Missing Zoomer & Flut Flut

Nov 20, 2008
I'm gonna have to agree with KillerKy on this one.
Life is but a game with 0 lives and no do overs.
Message 3 of 10 (418 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/18/2008
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: Precurosr: Missing Zoomer & Flut Flut

Nov 20, 2008

Hahahahaha....I feel dumb now, but even so, I am posting. Please, laugh uproariously at my expense; I deserve it.

 

Thank you very much for your imput. Since I have had the game for awhile, I couldn't return it and it was not scratched, I took your suggestion KillyKy and restarted the game. After going through it again while reading a walkthrough (To make sure I didn't mess anything up accidentally), I discovered that I DID miss a key action in the game. I missed it most likely due to the fact I leave a game for a long while so it lasts longer and, thus, forget key story plot elements.

 

So, for anyone who happens to be like me and leaves the game alone for an extended period, or just likes to charge ahead, please remember this: It is vital to remember to turn on the Green Sage's transporter. Very vital. Very. If you don't, you end up like me, missing a Flut Flut and Zoomer....and discovering your mistake after posting online so millions of eyes can read about it, and laugh when you realize your silly error. So, yeah. Again, thank you very much for your help and, please, enjoy a moment of humor at my expense.

 

Yeah....n00b, right here.

Message 4 of 10 (418 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 03/07/2008
Offline
2890 posts
 

Re: Precurosr: Missing Zoomer & Flut Flut

Nov 20, 2008

Xales wrote:

Hahahahaha....I feel dumb now, but even so, I am posting. Please, laugh uproariously at my expense; I deserve it.

 

Thank you very much for your imput. Since I have had the game for awhile, I couldn't return it and it was not scratched, I took your suggestion KillyKy and restarted the game. After going through it again while reading a walkthrough (To make sure I didn't mess anything up accidentally), I discovered that I DID miss a key action in the game. I missed it most likely due to the fact I leave a game for a long while so it lasts longer and, thus, forget key story plot elements.

 

So, for anyone who happens to be like me and leaves the game alone for an extended period, or just likes to charge ahead, please remember this: It is vital to remember to turn on the Green Sage's transporter. Very vital. Very. If you don't, you end up like me, missing a Flut Flut and Zoomer....and discovering your mistake after posting online so millions of eyes can read about it, and laugh when you realize your silly error. So, yeah. Again, thank you very much for your help and, please, enjoy a moment of humor at my expense.

 

Yeah....n00b, right here.


yea. i guess that's a really important key. but don't they sually keep nagging at you until you go and do it?

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Message 5 of 10 (418 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/18/2008
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: Precurosr: Missing Zoomer & Flut Flut

Nov 20, 2008
Haha...I wish. I did everything one could do without the Zoomer and Flu Flut without so much as a peep about "You forgot to turn the transporter on". Not even from Daxter, who does normally supply me with sarcastic reminders. Even when I went back to the village, nothing. You'd think it would, you really would think that, but...no. Hahaha...ha...hmm....
Message 6 of 10 (418 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/27/2006
Offline
1099 posts
 

Re: Precurosr: Missing Zoomer & Flut Flut

Nov 21, 2008
Hmm must be some sorta glitch.  try making a new file.  If that doesnt work take it back to the store and get a replacement.
Photobucket Image Hosting
Message 7 of 10 (418 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 03/07/2008
Offline
2890 posts
 

Re: Precurosr: Missing Zoomer & Flut Flut

Nov 21, 2008

Gandler wrote:
Hmm must be some sorta glitch.  try making a new file.  If that doesnt work take it back to the store and get a replacement.

 

it's ok. if you read the posts, he got it.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Message 8 of 10 (418 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/05/2007
Offline
827 posts
 

Re: Precurosr: Missing Zoomer & Flut Flut

Nov 23, 2008

KillerKy wrote:

Unfortunatly, i do not tihnk there is anyway to help you. the glitch is something that doesn't seem fix-able unless you restart your file. But if you just got the game, return it and tell them the problem. If you got it through "Inheritance" try renting the game. or go to a place that could fix this.

 

If your CD is not scratched. then i honestly do not understand the problem. and the only way to fix it would be to restart.


Yeah, it's definitely a glitch... We can't do anything about it, man. Sorry.


Fishdert: HR4 "Overwhelming Destruction" MHF2
Ciottuart: HR6 "Monster Hunter G" MHF1

"Who are you to wave your finger? So full of it. Eye hole deep in muddy water, *bleep*in' hypocrite."
-"The Pot" Tool
Message 9 of 10 (418 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/24/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Precurosr: Missing Zoomer & Flut Flut

Jan 24, 2013
Not a glitch, instead of restarting just go back to the second sage hut and step on the blue button. Problem solved
Message 10 of 10 (387 Views)
Reply
0 Likes