Highlighted
Jul 05 2013
By: HM01_Impaler Uncharted Territory 1582 posts

Platinum Trilogy

5 replies 450 views Edited Jul 5, 2013
Just yesterday, I got my Jak 3 platinum trophy, completing my entire trilogy of Jak and Daxter platinum trophies. It was hard and too a long time. But definitely worth it for one of my all-time favorite game franchises. I'm now working on Uncharted 2 (I've been wanting to play some Uncharted ever since I beat The Last of Us anyway). After that, I'm not really sure where I might go. I'll probably take a break from trophy hunting. Then probably either InFAMOUS 2 (I got InFAMOUS plat last week), Sly 3, or Uncharted 3. I'm fairly new to trophy hunting. I only have 7. Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Jak 3, InFAMOUS, Sly Cooper, Sly 2, PlayStation All-Stars.
Anyway, for those of you who have Jak platinums, what did you think?
Message 1 of 6 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Re: Platinum Trilogy

Jul 6, 2013
Just got done jak n dexter 1(platinum) now I'm on jak 2.
Is there a way like in jak 1 when it would tell u how many Precursor Orbs you need for each area

Like (ex. Pumping station 3/7)
Jak 1 had it why would they take it out
Message 2 of 6 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11733 posts

Jul 6, 2013

I'm going to try and work on the Jak II Platinum after getting finished with The Last of Us. Playing Naughty Dog's latest is a real bite in the neck. Of course, I have been playing on Hard all this time.

I did manage to pick up the Platinum in the first Jak and Daxter, though. Having first played these games in the early 2000s, it's kind of enjoyable being able to replay these favorites again with trophies in mind.

Message 3 of 6 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jul 6, 2013
^ Yeah it adds a different perspective, but not much has changed. I actually "platinumed" the first Jak and Daxter on the PS2. I don't know if I still have that memory card or not.
Message 4 of 6 (430 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I've managed to get the platinum trophy for Jak 1 and Jak 3, and I'm still working on Jak 2. Getting the platinum for Jak 1 was easy, but for Jak 3, it was very time consuming. It took me a long time to get all of the precursor orbs, but it was worth it.

Message 5 of 6 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jul 29, 2013
I have all 3 platinums and will plat all 3 again on the Vita.

IMO the easiest to plat was Jak 2, Jak 3 took a bit of grinding and Jak 1 was just time consuming, none of the Jak games are hard.
Message 6 of 6 (365 Views)
0 Likes