Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 30 2013
By: Anthropognosia First Son 2 posts

Perhaps a PATCH is due for J&D HD collection for the Vita!

18 replies 2584 views Edited Jun 30, 2013
To Naughty Dog, or responsible development team behind PS Vita conversion:

I payed my money for the product, only owning a Vita and therefor not an alternative (primary) version for PS3.
It would be Extremely Appreciated if some respect and empathy (customer service) could be shown - not only for me, but for everyone (quite the bunch, I can imagine) who have purchased the game to play it on Vita.

So, can I expect a patch, to the semi-functioning game experience that is J&D HD for Vita? If so, when?

Thank you for reading.

S
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (2,584 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Re: Perhaps a PATCH is due for J&D HD collection for the Vita!

Jul 1, 2013

I love the Jak trilogy, I have it on vita and ps3 and I completely love it on vita... But yes, it has anoying framerate drops, randowm crashes and freezing issues... And the laser sight is too light so I never know where im shooting...

If those issues could be fixed the J&D collectiuon would be one of the best games on the vita, instead of just another mediocre port...

jak and Daxter is hard enough as it is with its need for presision, skill and luck. We dont need to be fighting the frame rate and the laser sight at the same time.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (2,563 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1151 posts

Jul 2, 2013
I have also noticed that grinding on the hoverboard almost always fails and he flies off to the left or is grinding on the very edge of the board.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (2,541 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Yeah thats true, I was incredibly frustrated in Jak 2 trying to do the hoverboard course or jak 3 collecting the orbs and grinding is so hard cos either it doesnt pick up that you are pressing square wich causes you to spam square and then if he dose grind then he comes off cos you spammed square...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (2,535 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1579 posts

Jul 2, 2013
This is a shame. The Jak and Daxter trilogy is a great series of games. It's terrible when great games have bad ports. That is what has stopped me from playing Silent Hill (particularly Silent Hill 2). I just might pick it up for PS2 instead of having to deal with the PS3 HD port.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (2,523 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3991 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Its a shame that theres issues with this port. Really was looking forward to picking it up but unless a patch is released Ill pass on this and just play the ps2 discs. 

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (2,504 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 18, 2013

So I guess there will be no magical patch... Considering the history of this dev... It amazes me how Sony and NaughtyDog could aprove of such a developer.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (2,454 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Jul 19, 2013

@HM01_Impaler

The PS3 Trilogy is a good port of the J&D games. This thread is talking about the problems with the Vita port which has a lot of lag.

PS All-Stars Battle Royale Mains: Sly,Jak,Ratchet,PaRappa,Kat,Good Cole,Raiden.
Kingdom Hearts FTW!
Moveset ideas:Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ty-the-Tasmanian-Tiger-moveset/m-p/39916477
Sora-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sora-Kingdom-Hearts-moveset/m-p/39923329
Crash Bandicoot-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-Bandicoot-moveset/m-p/40043417
Spyro-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spyro-The-Dragon-Moveset/m-p/42628521

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (2,442 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jul 23, 2013

I am having alot of issue with  the Jak and Daxter collection for the PSVita. The moving platforms and elevators move when you step on them causing me to over or under jump. The hoverboard will stop grinding causing me to fall off to the right and die. The sound for the vechicles will disapearnd or the music for the last level will keep playing and never change on Jak 2. It makes the game frustrating and almost inpossible to beat, let alone platenum unless you are willing to keep retrying the same level over. I have put the game down after spending all of today on the phone with support without anything besides another copy of the game and having to start the game over along with trying to recollect the trophies I already achieved.  My PS3 copy of it works great though.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (2,415 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 23, 2013

If we could have the first-person view changed back to TRIANGLE, i'd be so glad... I usually die because suddenly my camera goes First Person while I'm figthing... FFS, I wanna hold my Vita comfortably, and not caring about pressing that touch screen in the back side...!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (2,411 Views)
0 Likes