zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

Let me break down the Jak series for you all:

Jak and Daxter: Precursor Legacy = Great. Fun gameplay, no emo Jak, simple story. No crappy GTA3 inspired driving, overall excellent game

Jak 2 = Garbage. So-so gameplay, weak gunplay mechanics, comical tough guy Jak, very few weapons and gadgets, Dark Jak is lame, overall complete shiit

Jak 3 = Very good, but you still have a bad taste in your mouth from 2. Better gameplay than 2, still weak gunplay, Jak is still a "tough guy", still very few weapons, Introduction of Light Jak balances out Dark Jak, overall solid game

Let me break down the Ratchet and Clank seires for you all:

Ratchet and Clank: Lame boring and dull.

Ratchet and Clank 2: Lame boring and dull.

Ratchet and Stank 3: Lame boring and dull, crap garabe and just sucks.

in the past you have said you liked R&C but not quite as good as jak, so if ratchet and clank is lame boring and dull, doesnt that mean jak is just a small bit better than "lame boring and dull"? just saying

I have no comment for you because I dont like how noone here is defending Jak after what Organ just said.

I mean this threads purpose is a guy saying how he loves the series so.....

im not defending anyone or attacking anyoneSmiley Tongue im just saying thats what youve said in the past, i like both series, though i do like 1 the best, thats my opinion, i just liked the more platformy feel to it.

Alright but the sequels are still platformers. Just not as strong as the first game but the sequels are still platformers. I just want you to understand that.

i know that lol, idk i felt like even though it fit very well, the guns werent needed, but i guess they did have to evolve the series. I know they are still platformers, just the whole gun angle changed a lot Smiley Happy

Like you said it needed to evolve plus its not that bad. Its based and resembles his eco powers, so whats the problem there?

The game still has platformers just with guns? I dont understand... Only thing the sequels lost were the bright colors in overall places which wasnt that big of a deal.

i just felt like, if they removed the story, it couldve been a different series, they couldve gone with the whole platformer thing for 3 games than switched to another series that was like jak 2 or 3. freeroam with guns.

Thats the thing though, they didnt remove the story Smiley Happy Like I said dude look please understand this. Old world= eco powers. Perfect setting. Future, a city type setting. Guns=resemble eco powers with platforming still intact. Whats the problem. You basically have your eco powers just within the gun along with a darker world. That is all.

However I do like this debate because your not just simply lashing or or hating on the seires like other immature people.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 41 of 83 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Re: Jak and Daxter

Nov 17, 2012

BD, so you defended Jak by bringing up Ratchet? Org didn't bring up Ratchet. 

Message 42 of 83 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 17, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

Jak and Daxter: Precursor Legacy = Great. Fun gameplay, no emo Jak, simple story. No crappy GTA3 inspired driving, overall excellent game

Jak 2 = Garbage. So-so gameplay, weak gunplay mechanics, comical tough guy Jak, very few weapons and gadgets, Dark Jak is lame, overall complete shiit

Jak 3 = Very good, but you still have a bad taste in your mouth from 2. Better gameplay than 2, still weak gunplay, Jak is still a "tough guy", still very few weapons, Introduction of Light Jak balances out Dark Jak, overall solid game

in the past you have said you liked R&C but not quite as good as jak, so if ratchet and clank is lame boring and dull, doesnt that mean jak is just a small bit better than "lame boring and dull"? just saying

I have no comment for you because I dont like how noone here is defending Jak after what Organ just said.

im not defending anyone or attacking anyoneSmiley Tongue im just saying thats what youve said in the past, i like both series, though i do like 1 the best, thats my opinion, i just liked the more platformy feel to it.

Alright but the sequels are still platformers. Just not as strong as the first game but the sequels are still platformers. I just want you to understand that.

i know that lol, idk i felt like even though it fit very well, the guns werent needed, but i guess they did have to evolve the series. I know they are still platformers, just the whole gun angle changed a lot Smiley Happy

Like you said it needed to evolve plus its not that bad. Its based and resembles his eco powers, so whats the problem there?

The game still has platformers just with guns? I dont understand... Only thing the sequels lost were the bright colors in overall places which wasnt that big of a deal.

i just felt like, if they removed the story, it couldve been a different series, they couldve gone with the whole platformer thing for 3 games than switched to another series that was like jak 2 or 3. freeroam with guns.

Thats the thing though, they didnt remove the story Smiley Happy Like I said dude look please understand this. Old world= eco powers. Perfect setting. Future, a city type setting. Guns=resemble eco powers with platforming still intact. Whats the problem. You basically have your eco powers just within the gun along with a darker world. That is all.

However I do like this debate because your not just simply lashing or or hating on the seires like other immature people.

yeah i know xD like i said, it really does fit, it just feels weird still to this day Smiley Tongue though they did have to add to his character, just jumping and punching would probably get boring after 3 games.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 43 of 83 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Never played in Ratchet games but I've heard they were good! Smiley Very Happy but I have played the Jak games and I know those are good, and I for one actually liked that they added guns, gave the game a bit more diversity, also I actually didn't have enough gun. Idk it just feels weird to introduce guns but barely give you any, that's just my opinion though lol
Message 44 of 83 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

yeah i know xD like i said, it really does fit, it just feels weird still to this day Smiley Tongue though they did have to add to his character, just jumping and punching would probably get boring after 3 games.

Exactly. Instead of changing the traditional first game melee mechanics. They take away his eco powers and give him eco related guns(from his powers)and give him Dark powers which have the same capacity as his colored ecos.

You understand now Smiley Happy

Only time will tell.
Message 45 of 83 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Nov 17, 2012

jjand302 wrote:

BD, so you defended Jak by bringing up Ratchet? Org didn't bring up Ratchet. 

This is true. I was trying to get the thread back on track by addressing the OP's interest in trying the series by giving an unbiased rundown of the series... But then I gave my opinion for Jak 2 and all hell broke loose

Message 46 of 83 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 17, 2012

yeah i know xD like i said, it really does fit, it just feels weird still to this day :smileytongue: though they did have to add to his character, just jumping and punching would probably get boring after 3 games.

Exactly. Instead of changing the traditional first game melee mechanics. They take away his eco powers and give him eco related guns(from his powers)and give him Dark powers which have the same capacity as his colored ecos.

You understand now :smileyhappy:

I never got my reply Zeo :/
Only time will tell.
Message 47 of 83 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Do they ever explain on what happened to the other sages or the other colored ecos? I mean i played the game but don't remember if they mention anything.
Message 48 of 83 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Andresff19 wrote:
Do they ever explain on what happened to the other sages or the other colored ecos? I mean i played the game but don't remember if they mention anything.

Woh woh bud! Looks like we got an "On Topic" post here. I think you're looking for 7 threads that way lol. No but seriously thank you, and I honestly don't remember either 

Message 49 of 83 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

Andresff19 wrote:

Im am not coming off rude by saying this but its self explaintory when you play the sequels and if you pay attention.

Im going to go ahead and tell you anyway though. The eco vents became outdated and were build on top of by the city. Jak II is 300yrs after the first game so yeah...

(EDIT) Part 2 in the next reply.

Only time will tell.
Message 50 of 83 (157 Views)
0 Likes