Sep 11 2012
By: BlueDiamond93 Treasure Hunter 7051 posts

Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier- Dark Daxter Discussion[UPDATED!]

[ Edited ]
17 replies 1118 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

Dark Daxter

Dark Daxter.jpg

Ok so I have a couple theories onto how Dark Daxter was formed. I would like to know your own opinions and thoughts on my theories. 

• Theory 1: Because the Eco core was unstable and all the eco's were out of alignment it caused the normal effect of dark eco to temporarily change. The dark eco was so unstable that it allowed Daxter to become dark daxter instead of a dark maker.

• Theory 2: In order to become a Dark Maker you would have to be exposed to dark eco for a while not just a short amount of time. So because daxter wasn't like swimming in a pool or constantly chasing or trying to control dark eco could be another reason why he didnt become a dark maker. Because if you really think about it, when your adapting or changing, its due to long term exposure which wasn't Daxter's case. 

•  Theory 3: It was said by the Ottsel Leader that all eco contains the source of their essence. Ok so lets say the 3 main ottsels that we saw in Jak 3 weren't transformed due to Dark eco, but actually another eco source or even an older Precursor that granted them that gift like the ottsel leader offered to Jak. Most likely, since Daxter became a Precursor off Dark eco, that more Dark eco wouldn't change him into a Dark Maker, because he already has that Dark eco property within him that made him a precursor in the first place. Since he transformed off Dark eco, only thing more Dark eco can do to him is make him stronger, bigger and powerful just like what happens to Jak when he gains more Dark eco. So concludingly, if any Precursors transforms/ed from anything besides Dark eco, then when exposed to Dark eco they would become a Dark Maker, because they have no property or experience with Dark eco. The Dark eco would be interacting with whatever eco made that Precursor a Precursor and forced them to become a Dark Maker.
 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 1 of 18 (1,118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Re: Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier- Dark Daxter Discussion.

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

Can some ppl please comment, I want some input, debates, etc... Im trying my hardest to draw out jak fans, answer questions and much more. If you dont meet me half way I cant help you. ND needs to see that these forums are still active as well so a new Jak game can be ensure for the future.

Only time will tell.
Message 2 of 18 (1,092 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12402 posts

Sep 12, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Can some ppl please comment, I want some input, debates, etc... Im trying my hardest to draw out jak fans, answer questions and much more. If you dont meet me half way I cant help you. ND needs to see that these forums are still active as well so a new Jak game can be ensure for the future.

In regards to this topic, most fans want to forget about The Lost Frontier if they can help it, especially with Dark Daxter being the single worst aspect of the game.  Besides, I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog doesn't look into these forums, not even the Uncharted board.

Message 3 of 18 (1,085 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Sep 12, 2012

DAXRULZ wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

In regards to this topic, most fans want to forget about The Lost Frontier if they can help it, especially with Dark Daxter being the single worst aspect of the game.  Besides, I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog doesn't look into these forums, not even the Uncharted board.

Even so, TLF isn't that bad, it doesn't need to be forgotten.  Theres many ways I can defend TLF but I will only say one thing. At least this Dev who made this game tried. ND didnt make a game in years so at least someone tried.

Stop assuming things all he time, because sometimes I believed you and found out you was wrong on certain things -_-'. ND actually does look at the Uncharted forums. They somewhat active up there but not daily, I say weekly.

Im pretty sure ND looks at the J&D forums. I can pretty much guarantee it. What they do is they spectate but dont comment, because if they comment, random fans out of nowhere would freak out, because they would think if ND comments then a new J&D game would come or ask many questions. Also along with that spectating... they probably do it to gather ideas and see just how many fans are out there, are left & wanting more Jak .

Only time will tell.
Message 4 of 18 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12402 posts

Sep 12, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Even so, TLF isn't that bad, it doesn't need to be forgotten.  Theres many ways I can defend TLF but I will only say one thing. At least this Dev who made this game tried. ND didnt make a game in years so at least someone tried.

Stop assuming things all he time, because sometimes I believed you and found out you was wrong on certain things -_-'. ND actually does look at the Uncharted forums. They somewhat active up there but not daily, I say weekly.

Im pretty sure ND looks at the J&D forums. I can pretty much guarantee it. What they do is they spectate but dont comment, because if they comment, random fans out of nowhere would freak out, because they would think if ND comments then a new J&D game would come or ask many questions. Also along with that spectating... they probably do it to gather ideas and see just how many fans are out there, are left & wanting more Jak .

I'm not saying The Lost Frontier was an all-around bad game.  I'm just saying that it is extremely under-par for a game in the series (I thought we've been through this...?).

Is there any discernable proof that Naughty Dog monitors the forums?  If they don't post any messages, there's no real way to tell.  As far as the Jak and Daxter board is concerned, I'm not so sure that they are watching; after years of fans yearning for a true sequel, I find it strange that they would plan a reboot instead (no one once mentioned wanting a reboot). 

Message 5 of 18 (1,052 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Sep 12, 2012

DAXRULZ wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

I'm not saying The Lost Frontier was an all-around bad game.  I'm just saying that it is extremely under-par for a game in the series (I thought we've been through this...?).

Is there any discernable proof that Naughty Dog monitors the forums?  If they don't post any messages, there's no real way to tell.  As far as the Jak and Daxter board is concerned, I'm not so sure that they are watching; after years of fans yearning for a true sequel, I find it strange that they would plan a reboot instead (no one once mentioned wanting a reboot). 

No we haven't been through this. The Lost Frontier was basically a reboot from HIG. Like I said it was good. It wasnt the best but you and other ppl have to understand now that its part of the whole Jak catalog. 

Like I said theres many reasons why I can assume they look on the forums.

1. Its their game.

2. They still own the IP.

Other reasons I included in my last post. The point in being undercover is to not make yourself known in anyway. Just because you dont see them post dont mean there not here. They are here, they just dont want a blow up on the forums asking and talking about J&D. And even if im wrong on that case, they are up here depending on some other case then. You of all ppl should no a reboot is the only chance they got. Its ether that or it dies. Jak 3 was the conclusion of the jak series. A lot of ppl dont know that but you should know that. There cant be no more dark makers, dark maker wars, erol, gol and maia, etc... 

A lot of games have simi reboots, full reboots and regular reboots. Thats what I call them. Jak & Daxter would be getting a regular reboot meaning just a new adventure with some of the old characters. Thats the way it has to be. But, if ND was creative and loyal enough they could successfully make a new Jak game and follow Jak up with great sequels, kind of like Ratchet and their Devs. Looking at ND focus, J&D looks impossible. It seems their business logan has changed from creative and fun, to realistic and beautiful/hardcore.

Full reboot- Is a movie like Spiderman 2012 and a video game Devil May Cry 2012/13. Its where they basically, almost erased everything and start over with a complete new adventure or change in char and etc...

Semi reboot- This one can be tricky. Its where its just new story but half of somethings remain unchanged. Like Sonic the Hedgehog up to a certain degree. 

Only time will tell.
Message 6 of 18 (1,049 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Oct 1, 2012
Really not a fan of dark daxter
Message 7 of 18 (960 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Oct 1, 2012

dukenukemserious wrote:
Really not a fan of dark daxter

You dont have to be, thats not the point here.

Only time will tell.
Message 8 of 18 (956 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Oct 4, 2012
I know but I don't any if the theory's are good no offence to you I just think the idea was stupid and should never have been done
Message 9 of 18 (936 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Oct 4, 2012

dukenukemserious wrote:
I know but I don't any if the theory's are good no offence to you I just think the idea was stupid and should never have been done

I also thought the idea of Dark Daxter was stupid. I was just explaining how it could have happened. Thats all. I dont like Dark Daxter.

Only time will tell.
Message 10 of 18 (931 Views)
0 Likes