First Son
1 posts

Re: Jak X: Combat Racing HD Remake?

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR MY OVERLY LONG EXPLANATIONS>This is my first time commenting in a forum but for the series i grew up on i felt it was nessesary.I'll be honest I no longer own anything sony related,but let me explain myself my Xbox and PS2, all my games along with many other things were stolen from my home when i was 11 or 12.That ended gaming for me for 4 years.Then i bought an Xbo360(Gears Edition) in 2011 by working my *** off with my dad.Why not PS3?....price and xbox co-op.and all my friends had a 360 and from what i knew the Jak series had ended and i heard The Lost Frontier was a huge disapointment. but I never felt more of an urge to go go work again to get a PS3 when i heard of the Jak and Daxter HD collection.Though I was a little dissapointed when i heard Jak X wasn't in it.I grew up with Jak and Daxter when me and my brother and 2 sisters (youngest of 4,yeah it sucked) got a ps2 for christmas along with a group of games Echo, Rayman Arena,Grand Theft Auto 3, and  behold Jak and Daxter. I was hooked and when walking throughWalmart for something on my birthday 2 years later what did i see through the glass my best friends Jak and Daxter older holing a gun and under the title of Jak 2.I immediatley  played it and replayed 1 and 2 multiple times.....a year goes by.I'm in WalMart and what is their Jak 3!...i cant recall if it was my birthday or christmas but on that day they were one of the same oh the joy i felt as i got home with that game.I immediately played and didn't stop til it was morning and my mom found out i was up all night playing it hehe she said i was grounded but my young mind had already decided TOTALLY WORTH IT.The next year i was more prepared for Jak X i found out it was coming from commercials when i heard the screeching tires and my beloved friends Jak and Daxter id run from my room  in front of the tv every time to watch in awe for the proof of their return.I WANTED IT! Christmas comes and i already know what i wanted.It was only racing but i still loved every second of it, drifting,boost,racing,combat,story it had it all and more and to this say i still regard it as the best racing game of all time!.....but gaming through the night i accidently pulled my controller my PS2 falls with my Jak X inside! I pick it  up worried that i had ruined the best christmas ever....was my game broken?was my Ps2 broken? The disk tray is at an odd angle it wont close or open i push the disk tray slightly it closes....IT WORKS! The original  big PS2 laughed at its fall that would have crippled any newer console! it was made of sterner stuff than any console made after it, thank you my old friend,so my days of endlessly replaying the Jak series continued my brothers Ratchet and Clank games didn't come near to my devotion of Jak and Daxter. I played some Spryo,Ratchet,Crash,and Halo.....but the replays of my Jak series never ended. My love ran so deep i bought Daxter even though i never bought a PSP (this marked the price barrier between me and sony)so i never got to play it. Then 2007 i come home with my family to find all my gamesstolen and other things i cant remember but what caused the anger and me giving up on games was to find the shelf dedicated to Jak and Daxter empty.........stolen most likely by the drug heads in somewhere in the communtity.Now its 2013 ive owned my xbox a year and i came across this forum today,for the first time geting involved with something Sony reminding my of my Ps2 and something possesed me to write this out. ..............oh the years seem like they were so much longer looking back. ,but i fear ive gone horribly off topic since this thread is dedicated to the possibility of a Jak X remake and i'll get on this most pressing matter. If they came out with an announcement that they were doing a remake with online multiplayer i would be working my *** of from tommorow till the moment i got enough money to buy a PS3 and all the Jak games.I never played online with anyone in Jak X I probably didn't understand it back then. To foucused on getting every medal to the gold standard hehe. ....but this game must be remade, its the best combat racing game ever made.and in my opinion the best racing game ever. Forza,Grand turismo and all the others can shove it where it hurts if icould have a go at Jak X multiplayer. Now i look forward to that day when i can make you all eat my flaming oil slick in a 1 1/2 car wide tunnel mwahaha!

Message 31 of 46 (2,246 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Feb 10, 2013

really didn't enjoy jak x that much

Message 32 of 46 (2,221 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Mar 19, 2013
I'd love to play it offline & online on Motorsorm engine. Perhaps the driving model is not up to the ps3 standards.
Message 33 of 46 (2,123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Why haven’t they released Jak X HD yet?

Message 34 of 46 (2,121 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11242 posts

Apr 16, 2013
Jak X was soooo fun, it was my only racing game on PS2. RIP. <3

Message 35 of 46 (2,035 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Didn't complete daxter, not true jak gamer! Smiley Tongue
Message 36 of 46 (1,938 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

Jun 12, 2013

An image of Jak X was shown near the begining of the E3 press conference when they were previewing upcoming games for this year.  I've searched a little and haven't even seen this mentioned.

Message 37 of 46 (1,923 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I am surprised that their still isn't an HD version of Jak X yet. Why haven't they done it yet?

Message 38 of 46 (1,877 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Honestly, I loved this game. Would LOVE an update. I actually forget all the stuff you could do and how, though. Like, I remember there was some kind of clan system, but heck if I remember how it all worked. Would like that again.

Message 39 of 46 (1,843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 13, 2013

I assume they will announce it any day now. Ratchet: Gladiator HD was just released in Usa and is just around the corner in Europe. If I remember correctly you needed a Ratchet: Gladiator save file on your memory card to unlock Ratchet as a playable  character in Jak X, right. Now that Ratchet: Gladiator HD have made its way to PSN, it would only make sence that Jak X would too.

Message 40 of 46 (1,804 Views)
0 Likes