May 18 2012
By: EmucraZ First Son 9 posts

Jak IV because there is still one more story to tell

33 replies 5464 views Edited May 18, 2012

over the years people have been playing the jak and daxter games and recently released the trilogy ps3 collection which reminds me when do we get to see a jak 4,

in jak 2 peaker says that there is still more adventures and in jak 3 at the end jak finds out that his name is accually mar so could jak be MAR from the stories and what about when jak goes into the rocket and flies off with the precursors and appears out of nowhere so there must have been some sort of time travel involved so maybe another adventure with jak as he goes across the universe saving planets from the darkmakers and maybe finds out that gol and maya are the cause of the attacks.   anyway a good idea for the final game of the jak story for the ps3 so please make jak IV after the last of us because there is millions of fans still waiting including ME !

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 34 (5,464 Views)
PlayStation MVP
12402 posts

Re: Jak IV because there is still one more story to tell

May 21, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 34 (5,464 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

May 26, 2012

I remember reading somewhere that ND was going to make a Jak 4, but they couldn't get any good story ideas and then cancelled it. Jak 4 will never happen.

Here it is: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/02/06/naughty-dog-almost-made-a-new-jak-and-daxt...

Sorry about crushing your dreams.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 34 (5,464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 30, 2012

i know all about that yet i just thought of another game that would have a good proper but if naughty dog arn't goin to make it i will make it on blender

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 34 (5,464 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 1, 2012

We want Jak IV!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 34 (5,464 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6511 posts

Aug 8, 2012
Nobody gets it, nobody is looking at the bright side. Did ND say there giving up, did they not say they tried and that they didnt want to sell a scrap game for marketing reasons? Dont they still own the franchise? The only time to lose hope is when you hear 2 things. They give up and their no longer owning the rights to J&D like Crash which was a temporary.
 photo 2-ryZavXX_zpse767acbf.png
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 34 (5,375 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Aug 18, 2012

It's just a shame there hasn't been a complete Jak game on the PS3. I understand they may not want to just pump out a bad game for he sake of making one, but NOTHING on the PS3? And as bad as that is, I can't even see one going on the next generation Playstation. Franchises like J&D, Crash, even R&C are hardly being made anymore (The new R&C being a $60 tower defense game, sigh). Games like that are now $15 PSN games instead of $60 big studio games, which are reserved for the big sports games, shooters or mature action games. Even big RPGs like Final Fantasy are rarely being released anymore.

With the direction everything is going and recent trends in game development, I'm afraid Jak and Daxter is going to have to be Vita or bust, unless they really reinvent themselves and become more of a Borderlands type "Shooting game with humor". Otherwise I can see them reverting back to Jak 1 and releasing a smaller game that really focuses on the platforming aspect of the Jak series. 

Just my opinion though

Talk to me on Twitter: @PSN_BigPapa727
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 34 (5,318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6511 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Im somewhat agree with you and dont agree with you about Jak 4 on PS4. The next Jak game has to be a reboot. Its not clear if the reboot could turn into a new series or be the last game on ps3. If they stick with their motive about one game per system which they haven't been doing then 1 more jak game should be made and to die on PS3 instead on PS2. But if the reboot succeeds and they like it then it will be to continue on PS4. Its real hard to predict. Because one of their weakness they shown, which was them being unable to make Jak I would say one more Jak game, but to be on PS3 and for him to die on PS3. 

Cause it wouldn't make sense for him to have 5 games on PS2 then 1 on PS3 and for him to expand on PS4 or for him to skip the PS3 era completely and expand on PS4. Actually yes it would have to be one last game and for PS3 because hardcore fans pushed ND to make it. They constantly talk about there unlike jak ideas and engines working better with realistic games. As the newer generation gets closer technology and engines will improve meaning Jak would automatically become obsolete or at least obsolete to ND.

photo 2-ryZavXX_zpse767acbf.png
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 34 (5,308 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 17, 2012

I know man ive been waiting to they need to go to Jak 4 instead of Uncharted 4 after the Last of us Uncharted can wait

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 34 (5,202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 17, 2012

yes Naughty Dog needs to make a Jak 4, but don't want to correct you but at the end of Jak3 Jak does'nt go with the precursers he gets off the ship and stays behind with daxter, and yes we all saw many plot holes to be filled in like, was Jak really Mar? how did Damas become Jak's father? and, how was Jak born in the future instead of the past? many questions to be answered :smileyhappy: but Naughty Dog said they would probablly get to Jak 4 after they finish The Last Of Us, another question is, is it coming out for Ps3 or soon to come Ps4? time will tell

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 34 (5,188 Views)
0 Likes