Highlighted
Splicer
62 posts

Re: Jak 4 may be in production

Feb 8, 2012

Seems as if players from this gen have been spoiled by new content. I'll just say it again, you don't need new content to stay interested in a multi-player, players just want it, they absolutely by no means need new content.

Message 41 of 49 (833 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 8, 2012

I think slydaniels has a point. Look at Call of Duty, horrible repetitive formula with every game but they still sell.

Apart from the ignorance of our current community, this proves that people will play anything enjoyable even if it has been done before.

Besides, Naughty Dog had planned to make another Jak game with the realism of Uncharted, but they scrapped the idea when they realised fans wouldn't see it as their return. That's at least a sign Naughty Dog are willing to make another J&D game if they can do it right.

I'd be all set to see them return in Haven City rebuilt and expanded to be better than ever, and the wasteland, and Spargus, and Kras City and even the Precursor temples. All modeled in HD from the ground up, Uncharted style. As for the characters, just have them retain their designs, but modeled more detailed with the PS3s capabilities.

Give it the same free-roaming, mission based gameplay with tweaks and fixes, a good plot, maybe some side plots, perhaps a law system and Naughty Dog could make a fantastic sequel. Set it long enough after Jak X and such, a little character recap will be all that's necessary to introduce the series to newcomers and there you go! Pure gold.

How awesome would it be to see Rayn and Veger return as secondary antagonists like as a crime boss and a thief or something respectively?

-
"This is what happens when they drop my name from the title"
Message 42 of 49 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 8, 2012

JohnM66 wrote:

I'd be all set to see them return in Haven City rebuilt and expanded to be better than ever, and the wasteland, and Spargus, and Kras City and even the Precursor temples. All modeled in HD from the ground up, Uncharted style. As for the characters, just have them retain their designs, but modeled more detailed with the PS3s capabilities.

Give it the same free-roaming, mission based gameplay with tweaks and fixes, a good plot, maybe some side plots, perhaps a law system and Naughty Dog could make a fantastic sequel. Set it long enough after Jak X and such, a little character recap will be all that's necessary to introduce the series to newcomers and there you go! Pure gold.

How awesome would it be to see Rayn and Veger return as secondary antagonists like as a crime boss and a thief or something respectively?

You don't have to convince me, I'd love a Jak 4 announcement as much as the next guy. However if I have the choice between a new Jak game that is too far removed from what the other games or is trying too hard to emulate the cinematic feel of Uncharted and Naughty Dog investing their time into a new IP (which seems to be the situation here), I'd take the new IP anyday. As for your ideas for what another Jak game would entail, I'd be hoping for ND to go with the Jak=Mar storyline that they implied in Jak 3 with Jak and Daxter travelling back to between The Precursor Legacy and Jak II to found Haven City.

Message 43 of 49 (833 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 9, 2012

This right here.... I think its about time Naughty Dog makes Jak 4. Most of us have been wating for it since 2004. I honestly thought they were gonna go back to it after Uncharted 3. But instead, they go into a post apocolyptic zombie game, which they got the idea of the infection from a TV show..

Message 44 of 49 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Mar 1, 2012

As far as I know a game takes approx. 2-4 years to make, so a new Jak would simply be impossible for the PS3. It would release at earliest in like 2014.

They won't waste time on that I bet both teams will be working full-time on a PS4 game after The Last Of Us. Nintendo is coming soon with the next-gen console so why wouldn't Sony and Microsoft atleast work on ideas for launch titles and we all know Naughty Dog would make one for the next-gen console

Besides... platforming games are not interesting enough for casual gamers these days it's all about shooters which I pity.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 49 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Mar 2, 2012

If things keep up like this ps4 lineup will be:

shooter

shooter

shooter

shooter

shooter

shooter

racing game

shooter

shooter

shooter

Ps4 no Jak4 no sale :/

Jak and Daxter FOREVER!!
Message 46 of 49 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Mar 10, 2012

If they released a Jak 4 then it would probably mean that TLF was a spin-off.

Message 47 of 49 (833 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 11, 2012

They should do it for the fact of how many signs they gave in the end of Jak 3, like Jak saying they had many more adventures as well as never really explaining how jak became a older person in the future when it ended in the future, as well as his creation of the city, show they should at least make one more game showing how all of these elements occured. trust even if it was an expensive or digital only game I would still purchase it for the fact of it being the first playstation series i ever played

Message 48 of 49 (833 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 12, 2012

Possible Spoilers for people who havnt beaten the game!!!!!!!

Yeah the amount of comments made in all 3 of the games, ND knew that if they wanted to make another game they could go off something that was said in the previous games. Im also pretty sure Jason Rubin said that he was planning on make a Jak 4, but that was before he left i think. Also, if you watch the final scenes for Jak 1,2,3 and X, there is a hint towards a new game, there's even one in the lost frontier. Im still hoping for a Gol and/or Maia return though

Jak 1:

Samos: Yes, Gol and Maia... the Dark Eco probably destroyed them. Probably...

Jak 2:

Jak: Oh no... I am done with adventures. Besides, you'll tell us before something happens next time, right Samos?

Jak: RIGHT, SAMOS?

Pecker: Aarrk! You never know what the future may hold.

Daxter: Wait... you know something, don't ya feather breath?

Pecker: Who? Me? Ah... no... We're just, ah... guessing, right Samos? Today... tomorrow... Only time will tell!

Daxter: No! You're gonna tell... RIGHT NOW! Aggghhh!

Pecker: AAGGHH! Why you little... AAARRR...

Daxter: Oooh, dirty fighting! Dirty fighting!

Samos: Jak, my boy, the future awaits!

hehe, poopsie bear.

Jak 3: They say that they're are more adventures to come. Jak appears to get on the time machine, but he comes out of NOWHERE! did he go back in time and do something? who knows

Jak X: Rayn- enough said

Message 49 of 49 (833 Views)
0 Likes