Treasure Hunter
8501 posts

Re: Is the seires dead :(

Dec 12, 2010

worcesterliam27 wrote:

Do you think they will be another jak and daxter game i dont and it wont get the attention it diserves bcoz of the last game if they do make 1

Honestly, I do think there will be another Jak and Daxter game. Why not? It's a well-known IP, Jak will be featured in the new Playstation Move Heroes, the Jak and Daxter games sell well, etc.

And with Sony's currenty interest in PS2 to PS3 HD Ports, a remake collection may come along down the line. Naughtydog will eventually take a break from the Uncharted franchise as well, and they may revisit the Jak and Daxter franchise or create a new IP.

downlink ii
Message 11 of 20 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2272 posts

Dec 18, 2010

NAUGHTY DOG ARE NOT OBLIGED TO MAKE A NEW GAME, THEY DO NOT OWE US ANYTHING.

^Problem solved.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
want to know where the picture came from? PM
Message 12 of 20 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Dec 20, 2010
One interview I read had naughty dog saying that they "could've just made another jak and daxter" for PS3 but wanted to try something different so they did Uncharted. So I think the possibility is slim they'd make another jak and daxter, but it's not a complete no-go.
Trophy Level 7, 2 Platinum Trophies. Trophy not acquired for getting Sig box to accept Portable ID. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 20 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Aug 8, 2012
I will never give up hope on another Jak game. I've been hoping for a decade. My hope has been extended from Playstation Move Heroes and the Jak HD Collection. I am the most true'eth dedicated, devoted J&D fan out there. Even if all these years go by and no game comes out, even if my hope is down to 1% I will keep that 1% contained. I buy and will continue to buy every jak game out there, I buy his PSN avatars, I platinum all the games he's in, I go to forums associated with jak, I have endless wallpaper's of Jak-both PS3 and Computer. I replay all the games on monthly bases, meaning I play some of his games several times a month Jak & Daxter forever!
 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 14 of 20 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12402 posts

Aug 8, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:
I will never give up hope on another Jak game. I've been hoping for a decade. My hope has been extended from Playstation Move Heroes and the Jak HD Collection. I am the most true'eth dedicated, devoted J&D fan out there. Even if all these years go by and no game comes out, even if my hope is down to 1% I will keep that 1% contained. I buy and will continue to buy every jak game out there, I buy his PSN avatars, I platinum all the games he's in, I go to forums associated with jak, I have endless wallpaper's of Jak-both PS3 and Computer. I replay all the games on monthly bases, meaning I play some of his games several times a month Jak & Daxter forever!

I should probably mention that it's highly frowned upon for users to revive old topics such as this (a year or more is too old).  It's nice to see some enthusiasm about the series' legacy, though. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 20 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Aug 8, 2012
Well im new to the whole forum thing. I thought as long as a thread is still open then its still ok to post.
 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 16 of 20 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Aug 8, 2012

What i think would be awesome, is a brand new story, set in the space lapse between jak 1 and jak 2, where you play as a brand new character, who perhaps can channel eco a little bit, and has a prototype weapon

so then if you press up once, you get to unlease red eco, and press it again, you use your red eco in a gun form

idk, i think it would take alot of effort, but if they could write another awesome story, it could use this awesome gameplay styles of jak 1 and jak 2/3

thoughts?

Message 17 of 20 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
12402 posts

Aug 8, 2012

TweetyPurd wrote:

What i think would be awesome, is a brand new story, set in the space lapse between jak 1 and jak 2, where you play as a brand new character, who perhaps can channel eco a little bit, and has a prototype weapon

so then if you press up once, you get to unlease red eco, and press it again, you use your red eco in a gun form

idk, i think it would take alot of effort, but if they could write another awesome story, it could use this awesome gameplay styles of jak 1 and jak 2/3

thoughts?

As I've explained to BlueDiamond93, this is an old thread.  If you would like to start a discussion, please do so by creating a new thread.  Thank you. Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 13, 2012

I'm with you at least every week I throw it in and play through one of them, or ill just run around, no matter what I dont think Jak will die hell just probly not get his own game for a while, there's still hope

Message 19 of 20 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Probably. :/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 20 of 20 (64 Views)
0 Likes