Sep 07 2010
By: l3lackjax Lombax Warrior 174 posts

If J&D we're to return

8 replies 292 views Edited Sep 7, 2010

What one thing from the previous games do you think they have to bring back, or the game wont feel the same. Aside from the main characters (obviously) what would you pick? Mine would be Haven City. Jak II was epic in every way imaginable, and just think what Naughty Dog could do with Uncharted's engine. Jak could get extreme vertical gameplay climbing to the palace etc (if it was rebuilt for some reason) and have those awesome moments Uncharted gives us, but with little bounds being that J&D is technically a fantasy game.

New things I can only speculate (and want)

- Vertical gameplay more similar to Uncharted

- Awesome action moments

- Crazy good graphics (remember those high quality character model render pics? Like that, except all the time, like Uncharted)

- A more mature tone

Jak II was probably the most serious game in the series so far, Jak 3 following barely behind it. I think if they did do another it would just be more fitting if it was more of an M rating being that Jak isn't so young anymore. Perhaps a grittier game. Dark stories always peak my interest, not sure about everyone else.

But either way, what do you think they must include for it to actually feel like J&D aside from the characters?

Message 1 of 9 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

You say with Uncharted's engine...

Sep 8, 2010

Why would we want it to look like Uncharted??  If they used the Uncharted engine it would look to real for Jak and Daxter!!  But yes, you do have some good ideas for another Jak and Daxter game, but I don't think it's a good idea to have the same (or simler) climbing game play in Jak and Daxter as in Uncharted.  The thing I wouldn't like at all is a Jak and Daxter game that is rated M, because you don't need a game to be rated M for it to be a "Bad Ass" game.  If Naughty Dog didn't Have Uncharted be M, I don't see Jak And Daxter being M.  The thing they should do Is give Jak a whole new bad ass arsenal of weapons.  But I have a list of what I want in a new Jak and Daxter game at the fallowing link:

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Naughty-Dog-General-Discussion/What-I-think-Jak-4-should-have/td-p/9...

well thats all Ive got see ya!!  :smileywink:

Message 2 of 9 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

precursor

Sep 8, 2010

I'd like to see Jak's eventual rise to become Mar. How did he build all those contraptions we saw in Jak 3? The shield that protected Haven City. The underground routes. The canon etc.

It would be so cool if an event triggered Jak to have to go back in time to ensure everything got set up while being hunted by the Dark Makers and Metal Heads. New magic that could ensure Jak being able to manipulate the environment to build those great machines that his future self would use to end the war. He was also famed to have invented combat racing so that could be a great scene to explore. Plus, a more primitive world, dangerous new enemies, metal heads, more Dark Makers, new weapons, ancient eco and thousands of precursor eggs!

Message 3 of 9 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Ohh bot sorry but Jak IS NOT Mar 0.0 the staue looks noth...

Nov 25, 2010
Ohh bot sorry but Jak IS NOT Mar 0.0 the staue looks nothing like Jak and if Jak mar he would be his own great great great great grand father created a time paradox that could destroy the future!!!

Jak is put of the House of Mar but hes THE Mar clearly since Jak 3 daxter isnt called a god and Jak is still called Jak its far more likely that ndi swept jak3 ending under the carpet :smileytongue: we need a full on darkmaker invasion! Smiley Embarassed
Jak and Daxter FOREVER!!
Message 4 of 9 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Re: If J&D we're to return

Sep 16, 2012
I say that Jak is Mar
Message 5 of 9 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Sep 18, 2012

HM01_Impaler wrote:
I say that Jak is Mar

He's not Mar. You ppl need to stop being convinced just because his name is Mar. Jak was named after Mar his great ancestor. Jak never time traveled after Jak 3 anyway.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 6 of 9 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Oct 7, 2012
yall are idiots ,, Jak left for a LONG time when he went with the precursors and came back a second after he left and told dax he'd never leave him * although he did leave for a while* and remember he told the precursors " call me by what my father named me"
Message 7 of 9 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Oct 7, 2012

frogmanlego wrote:
yall are idiots ,, Jak left for a LONG time when he went with the precursors and came back a second after he left and told dax he'd never leave him * although he did leave for a while* and remember he told the precursors " call me by what my father named me"

Im just going to use 1 point to back up this theory. Mar died. If Mar died, then how would Jak have came back alive. That means he's not Mar. Like I said, Mar is Jaks Ancestor. Thats what The Heir of Mar means... 

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 8 of 9 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I want to have more more of those nice and colorful levels of Jak 1 and I want Haven city back too! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9 (210 Views)
0 Likes