Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: Do We REALLY Want Another 'Jak and Daxter' Game?

Feb 12, 2013
This may never be read considering the time that has passed since the last post but I wish to express my opinion none the less.
I can relate to the original posters concerns that naughty dog may no longer be capable of producing another triple A jak and daxter. However, I can't help but continue to yearn for a true sequel to jak 3. I would have loved to see the duo debut on the ps3 years ago.
I personally thought that whilst the conclusion to jak 3 was a satisfying end to the trilogy, theres a strange hole on the playstation's line of exclusives without them. I mean who else is there to rival ratchet? And not only is there a huge gap in the market for another jak game but it just fells like the elf guy deserves one final hurrah. No strings attached, no more spin offs and certainly not the start of another saga. If a jak 4 were to ever exist it should be a love letter to fans. Nothing more.
For me the biggest question looming over the franchise is how jak (or mar) will fulfil his destiny as the founder of haven city. And I fell like that is a question which should not go unanswered.
So in answer to your question, hell yes I want another jak and daxter.
Message 11 of 21 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Feb 13, 2013

yeah if you notice, ratchets ps3 games were epic, with a crack in time being one of, if not, the best of them all (IMO)
Insomniac created a brand new story, with little links at all to the past

If NG could use a similar formula, with a brand new story from scratch, sure with espects from the past, but a new goal, new places, new mechanics, that would make a great Jak game

Message 12 of 21 (575 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Continuation of story or reboot. I wouldn't mind either one. I just want to see my boy jak again. I miss him dearly :smileysad:
Message 13 of 21 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
504 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Yes i would really want to see another Jak game made. For PS3 & PS4 & Vita. No reboot crap that would most likely ruin Jak & Daxter. No stupid plot that had nothing to do with the Jak story and there is 3 development teams who i believe can make it and have proven themselves good enough to make it. 1.Naughty Dog. Well duh, but if they can't make Jak feel like Jak & Daxter after hearing about the failed reboot ideas then the other 2 development teams are...

2.Ready at Dawn. We have already seen them make a great spinoff/prequel to the Jak series with Daxter so they seem like a great studio to do this game. Finally the last studio who could make it good in my opinion is Sansaru Games. Look at how well they brought back the Sly series. Yes there was some plot twists i hated in Thieves in Time but its still my favourite to the Sly series even beating Sly 2 Band of Thieves as my favourite. The story was fun and the gameplay was the same great gameplay from the other games in the series and plus it even had references to Jak & Daxter & Ratchet & Clank while Daxter & Clank both cameo in it. So if Sansaru Games could keep the same gameplay of the Sly series maybe they can do it for Jak as well.

PS All-Stars Battle Royale Mains: Sly,Jak,Ratchet,PaRappa,Kat,Good Cole,Raiden.
Kingdom Hearts FTW!
Moveset ideas:Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ty-the-Tasmanian-Tiger-moveset/m-p/39916477
Sora-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sora-Kingdom-Hearts-moveset/m-p/39923329
Crash Bandicoot-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-Bandicoot-moveset/m-p/40043417
Spyro-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spyro-The-Dragon-Moveset/m-p/42628521

Message 14 of 21 (291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 29, 2013

I relly want a jak 4

Message 15 of 21 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Aug 8, 2013

Really late to this party but if they only wrote the story to Lost Frontier, (Which btw I disagree with the gameplay being good, it was mediocre at best) then that means they weren't fully commited to LF. They made the first game, great kids game. They made the second game, complete 180 but fantastic as well with so many new aspects and things at the player's control. They made a third, a little more variety but mainly a continuation of #2 which fine, it was an amazing.

Then we go to Jak X, another leap of faith like Jak 2, except this time it was racing. It's honestly one of the only types of racing games I enjoy, racing with combat (Combat Racing ^_^) at that point I thought it was the worst game of the bunch, but it was still a great game. Hard to beat the first 3 if u ask me. Now Daxter came after (or maybe before, idk) and it was a nice addition to let us know what he was doing for two years. That became the new worst to me but once again, only because the others were so great and so was Daxter.

Then the unfortunate case of Lost Frontier, which was complete crap all the way through besides the music. Now on to my point. If they truly focused on the game and developed the whole thing, they could pull it off. Honestly PS3 or even PS4 needs a fun game with animated characters instead of all these "real people" as an exclusive. Sure we have LittleBigPlanet but we need one with an in-depth story. Uncharted is fun but all 3 games were kinda the same, with not much difficulty besides the boss fight in UC2 with the blue crystal thing. Now they did zombies with TLOF, Naughty Dog has proved they can do anything when they go all out, and unlike God of War, the Jak and Daxter universe has much left to offer without it being bs or cheesy

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down - Rick Astley
Message 16 of 21 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Aug 11, 2013

I do want and i do need a new Jak game made by ND and ND only.

Message 17 of 21 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 31, 2013

yes i thin new jak would be great but i think there is no future for jak and daxter on ps4. like you can se, sly cooper came out in spring (europe) and it was really good. i boght ps vita game, because i  have got that felling that platformers and a bit not realistic games (ratchet, jak, sly) have future on vita.  i do not know but i hope that we will se new  jak on ps vita.

sorry for bad english. i am from slovenia :smileywink:

Message 18 of 21 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Hey there guys im here because i really want a new Jak and Daxter game such as Jak 4 i purpose that we make this happen by Liking my facebook page Jak 4 Let's Make It Happen im not just doing this to get likes im doing it because i know when alot of people pull together and try to make something happen it usally results in suscess im not guaranteeing we will be sucesfull but if we get at least 500,000 likes we can bring it to Naughty Dog's attention and let them know we want more. 

Sincearly yours Alex

Message 19 of 21 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Nov 10, 2013

I think that where Jak is, is fine. I mean I wouldn't mind playing a new iteration into the series, but Jak 3 gave it a good ending, and doesn't exactly need to be added on to.

Message 20 of 21 (142 Views)
0 Likes