First Son
1 posts

Re: Jak 4 not possible, but a new J&D game is possible.

May 30, 2013

Possibly a precursor betrayal/attack on Haven City and Spargus?  Just an idea though.

Message 31 of 56 (940 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36949 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Maybe they can make another adventure from the past with young jak with no guns somehow

Message 32 of 56 (928 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 23, 2013

many ppl say that jak 4 is not possible but it is cuz jak is a big  big world many ideas can come out : the dark makers , gul akron (though he got defeated) but at the end of jak3 the  thing looking like daxter told jak that there r more adventures to come i know naughty dog has let us donw the past dacade i have played jak for 8 rs still waiting for ND plz 

Message 33 of 56 (846 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 23, 2013

you may give up but i wont jak and daxter has been a great child hood game of mine, so many people loved it and if you didnt hear The last of us replaced jak 4 so its still possible even with jak X and jak and daxter the lost frontier, they might find a way to continue the story naughty dog hasnt failed us yet so why should others believe what you say so for my opinion im still rooting for jak 4 

Message 34 of 56 (841 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Aug 8, 2013

Bro, I perfectly well know how to make a Jak 4 continuing right from where Jak 3 left off.  If I ever got the chance to develop it fans would rejoice around the world.  But I hope Naughty Dog does it because that would take a while for a new company.

Message 35 of 56 (726 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 11, 2013
Ok I see people saying jak and daxter is impossible but what about that dark world? That's a good starter plot to reintroduce and build from. Like for example Jak and daxter ventures out into outer space. However guys I refuse to believe #2 came first because naughtydog cut corners bc of grand theft auto. Making a past Jak was an excuse to leave precursor legacy. I mean basically this screwed themselves over bc it ended a $1 billion franchise to an end with unhappy customers. And we are the ones who you gotta please to close a progressive sale. It was a bad idea in the long run. And personally I'd love to buy it and recreate it from scrap bc gaming is about fairytale possibilities
Message 36 of 56 (714 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1984 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

just because something was intended, it doesn't mean it will turn out that way. it is possible more .. they were called dark makers? )well whatever those dark creatures are that you fight in Jak 3. ) anyway, its possible more come to Jak's world, and he is forced to tap into more precursor technology to defend his planet, but without the precursor's help (with the exception of daxter,veiger, and tess)

and just because we destroyed some darkmaker's ship, it doesn't mean they were the only ones, maybe they were part of a certain clan or something. perhaps a sub mothership. idk but it wasn't exactly clear according to my experience

ancient texts say the precursors have fought against the  metal heads for a long time. maybe the nest we fought was a result of another offworld nest that was more advanced

Even the whole "Mar" thing was a cliff hanger. we heard so much about him, we hear vin say the defense grid was created by Mar. it would be nice if they talked a little more about this. maybe Jak was named after Mar, maybe he goes back in time later (and who knows what happened then, maybe there was some catastrophe as to why the precursors kinda just left stuff around)

play dough was a mistake, it wasn't intended, yet it made lots of money. some of the best things created were mistakes. its very possible for naughty dog to revive jak with the ps4 later on. its just whether they decide to.

what im trying to say is, its possible for a jak 4, there are many things they could expand on, blah blah

i mean even one of the precursors said Jak had more to do when they took off, maybe they come back asking for help 

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 37 of 56 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 13, 2013

So, you're telling me that the FB page I've made to get my idea for Jak and Daxter to continue should be named Jak: The Trial of Mar, as opposed to Jak 4: The Trial of Mar? 

Honestly, I see what you're saying... it's less of a nostalgic weight on the developer's shoulders if it's not called 4. Although, that's not to say that I don't stay true to the series and give a more compelling reason to both people new to the series and who are veterans as to why it is Jak must go back and do what was necessary to create Haven City. 

I believe my opening premise is good along with 2 tight possible endings (not that I'll be revealing it like so many others) and the game mechanics and world are suitable for the next generation - a fear that Naught Dog had was that J&D didn't have potential to be next-gen. Heck, just making Jak and Daxter have the detail they do on the forum background would be astounding!

Message 38 of 56 (701 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 2, 2013
has anybody thought about visiting mar. we do have a crazy scientist in gaming. he'll be perfect for the spot. although adding in Sig would be bad **bleep**. maybe a group of the team. we don't know but I know this. the story must grow.
Message 39 of 56 (586 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 29, 2013

Maybe I misunderstood what the Precursors had said at the end of Jak 3, but it seems to me that Jak is not only the hero of his time, but the hero of all times, because Jak is Mar (which, on a side note, makes him his own ancestor).

Assuming this is the case, I can see a scenario where Jak, now known by the name Mar, has to return to the past to save the world from the original Metal Head invasion.

Message 40 of 56 (506 Views)
0 Likes