Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: Jak 4 not possible, but a new J&D game is possible.

Sep 24, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

P.S- A new story in Jak's case is what reboot means....

I know that...

Message 11 of 54 (1,539 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Sep 24, 2012

sg1jb wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

P.S- A new story in Jak's case is what reboot means....

I know that...

Ok just making you sure you know that cause a lot of ppl dont.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 12 of 54 (1,538 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Sep 27, 2012
LOL diamond didn't expect to find you here
Message 13 of 54 (1,508 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Sep 27, 2012

krusher10 wrote:
LOL diamond didn't expect to find you here

Im always here. You have no idea how many post I made about Jak. Ive made some pretty detailed and long bloggish type posts/topics... Where ever Jak & Daxter is, im there as well! :smileyhappy:

Only time will tell.
Message 14 of 54 (1,505 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I can understand there not being a Jak 4, and I'm actually open to a reboot, just not the Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier universe. I personally couldn't get into that game; I prefer being on the ground and shooting things up there. J&DTLF had such a small amount of that, most of the time you were in the air and that just made me sick (not in the disgusted way). Also, let's not get started on Dark Daxter shall we? I mean, I think Lost Frontier was a major miss, so maybe Naughty Dog should just pick a different re-boot, try again ya know? I don't think Max Casella or Mike Erwin would turn down the roles either if they did make a reboot game.

Those friggin' Lurker sharks...
Message 15 of 54 (1,492 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

That1CrazyPanda wrote:

I can understand there not being a Jak 4, and I'm actually open to a reboot, just not the Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier universe. I personally couldn't get into that game; I prefer being on the ground and shooting things up there. J&DTLF had such a small amount of that, most of the time you were in the air and that just made me sick (not in the disgusted way). Also, let's not get started on Dark Daxter shall we? I mean, I think Lost Frontier was a major miss, so maybe Naughty Dog should just pick a different re-boot, try again ya know? I don't think Max Casella or Mike Erwin would turn down the roles either if they did make a reboot game.

Yep, not saying we need a reboot like TLF though. Also with the TLFit was actually 50/50 that you was on ground and air.   Mike erwin might. Theirs something going on with him right now. I think hes on the edge of quitting as Jaks VA but I dont know for sure so......

Only time will tell.
Message 16 of 54 (1,488 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 3, 2012
As much as I love this game I don't want to see a reboot it would never hold up to the originals
Message 17 of 54 (1,469 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

dukenukemserious wrote:
As much as I love this game I don't want to see a reboot it would never hold up to the originals

Yes it could, your not being open minded or giving it a chance. Its ether that or we get no more jak games.. you chose. When you compare everything from Jak: TPL to Jak II, thats really really close to a reboot so it can be done. I would actually almost say that  it is a reboot... no more sages, no more colored eco powers, no more villages, just citys now and more. I like all Jak games equally with a little more love for Jak 3 because it does a good job in comparison to TPL. Before any new Jak game, I want Jak X HD. R&C deadlocked got HD makeover, Sonic Adventure Battle 2 got a makeover so I know Jak X can get a HD makeover.

You guys gotta stop thinking about the LF. It wasn't made by ND.

Only time will tell.
Message 18 of 54 (1,465 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Oct 4, 2012

i thought a cool idea for a new game, would be to create a brand new character, who lives in the time between Jak1 and 2
this character could have limited eco abilities, nothing of the calibar of Jak, and also some form of a prototype morph gun

i thought perhaps he could either use eco on his own, or fire the eco through the gun, hence changing the form
the game as a whole would be a true mid way point in gameplay stype of Jak 1 and 2/3,
set in the old world swarmed with dark eco and the creatures from the future

the new character could also maybe meet up with a future Jak who has come back in time

i know that it would no longer be "jak and daxter," but people loved the gamplay style and worlds, and its a shame to levae that behind just because they cant write a good story for the character

im not saying he would replace jak, rather compliment him

a more in depth idea was that he was experimented on by precursers, and given the abilities to produce eco from his body
also his moves would be slightly different to jaks, and perhaps weaker but alot faster?

Message 19 of 54 (1,452 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

TweetyPurd wrote:

i thought a cool idea for a new game, would be to create a brand new character, who lives in the time between Jak1 and 2
this character could have limited eco abilities, nothing of the calibar of Jak, and also some form of a prototype morph gun

i thought perhaps he could either use eco on his own, or fire the eco through the gun, hence changing the form
the game as a whole would be a true mid way point in gameplay stype of Jak 1 and 2/3,
set in the old world swarmed with dark eco and the creatures from the future

the new character could also maybe meet up with a future Jak who has come back in time

i know that it would no longer be "jak and daxter," but people loved the gamplay style and worlds, and its a shame to levae that behind just because they cant write a good story for the character

im not saying he would replace jak, rather compliment him

a more in depth idea was that he was experimented on by precursers, and given the abilities to produce eco from his body
also his moves would be slightly different to jaks, and perhaps weaker but alot faster?

That is just wrong, messed up, impossible and futile. Jak & Daxter are not supposed to be replaced. I dont even know how to reply to this in full detaill. All I can say is that you lost your mind completely. There is complete 0% for open mindedness what so ever. If those are your ideas, please dont post here anymore. Think about your idea if it applied to Mario, Sonic, Ratchet or Uncharted. Lets take away the main character and make a new character and change things around. No just no. 

Ive already stated the choice we have. Its ether reboot, no more games from ND or they give it away to another company who may make games similar to TLF.

Only time will tell.
Message 20 of 54 (1,449 Views)
0 Likes