17. Nauhgty Dog didn't made it. ;)

Nov 11, 2010

17. Nauhgty Dog didn't made it. :smileywink:

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - DarkShadow345
Message 21 of 27 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[quote=John1-_]25. this game felt more like a ratchet &am...

Jan 18, 2011

As a reply to John1-_'s post, Ratchet And Clank isn't a bad game, so I don't see why that should be a reason as to why the game failed.

Message 22 of 27 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

i know, ratchet & clank is fun but ratchet & clan...

Jan 23, 2011

i know, ratchet & clank is fun but ratchet & clank style gameplay doesnt really work for jak.

Message 23 of 27 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: While the gameplay and the story itself aren't as good as...

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2014

I agree with the soundtracks but thats all. They changed the look of their faces too much too. But I think the signature thing would be good, because aparently ND attempted to make a realistic version similar to Uncharted but they were smart enough to notie they were straying off from what Jak and Daxter really is. But after they decided to make a game called, "The Last Of Us,"  they mentioned it is still a possiblity that they may make another, so doing a signature thing may really get them to make another to add to the trilogy.     

This is after a while its now September, 3 2014 but whatever.I still come back to this and laugh lol. Another thing, if ND made another game, they can just ignore TLF easily. TLF is like Daxter. TLF is considered a side game and not part of the main story. Like when a show has a storyline and has movies made about the characters but the movies aren't involved with the main storyline.

Message 24 of 27 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Re: 16 reasons why "Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier" failed

Nov 11, 2015

SyrianWarrior wrote:

1. No Light Jak or Dark Jak because of "unstable eco".  Then how did the Aeropeans become Dark?

2. No Samos to guide Keira on how to be a sage.

3. Jak is the only one who can become a Dark eco freak and survive the process because he comes from the house of Mar.  So it doesn't make any sense how their whole city became dark eco if they can't even channel it.

4. No jetboard action.

5. Gunstaff: A stupid replacement for the MorphGun. And as for the Lobber, it's a terrible replacement for the PeaceMaker. The Gunstaff denounces Jak's BAMFness.  You can't even put the staff on your back!

6. Planes. -_- Atleast they're customizable.  That was the worst replacement of all.  The customizationisn't too bad, but an online mode with the planes would've made them a ton more fun.

7. You let High Impact Games make it.  Look at what they did to Ratchet and Clank. Look at their failed attempt to try to make a game like Daxter.

8. It's a game for little kids. No awesome cutscenes, no foulmouthed companions and no awesome cutscenes for big boys.

9. Jak and Daxter's personality. No aggresion no anger. Like putting spongebob in a Jak costume.

10. So much repitition.  Fly and shoot down bad guys.  Fight Dark Eco monster.  Unlock something new.

11. Dark Daxter.  In Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy he fell into the pool of Dark Eco. In Jak 3 Dark Makers are precursors infected with dark eco.  So Dark Daxter would have been a Dark Maker

12. Jak towards Daxter.  Jak acts like Daxter is a little kid in that one.  The only time they look cool together is in the opening scene when hes on the gun.

13.  No old characters. I'm pretty sure there are more people willing to go with them if the worlds going to die. At least Samos the Sage or Ashelin or something!

14. Story. Eco Pirates fighting Dark eco freaks. Why didn't you just put ninjas in there!  Its nothing interesting and and unlike Jak 3 or 2 the story doesn't keep you involved.

15. Camera issues. It was so hard to get from platform to platform if the camera sucks. When I was jumping over the Dark Eco pool with the moving platforms it was hell because the camera kept looking back at me.

16. Cost. 20 bucks. It sure wasn't worth it. Can't return it either.

Why didn't you guys make it?

I'm hoping I didn't already respond to this thread (and yes I know it's old, but that doesn't change the fac that there's ignorance and false statements).

1. It's given in the game how they became dark eco monsters, just like with Dark Daxter, they were directly exposed to the Dark Eco itself (mind you it was a lot). Jak couldn't turn into Dark Jak because the eco within the universe was unstable by the (eco) storm.

2. The purpose of the game nor its story revolved around Keira becoming a Sage so that's irrelevant. Plus, please mention where Samos did this in the trilogy.

3. This was never confirmed, so false. Being a member of the House of mar makes it easier for him though.

4. Game wasn't openworld enough for it, honestly. The game was moreso adventure, even if it is probably considered open-world. Definitely missed it though.

5. Not a stupid replacement at all. It's execution is what sucked. Older characters in general tend to wield staff (ex: Sig, Samos, Damas, Veger, Precursor Ottsel, Spargus citizins), because it's the more mature weapon. Jak was much older in TLF and he was no longer in his teenage years, so a staff was the perfect weapon for this version of Jak, the problem was its mechanics and execution.

Lobber isn't exactly a terrible replacement. Green Eco can heal and do damage, the fact it took 4 mainline games to do this is horrible. 

8. There were a few awesome cutscenes.

9. Bit of an exaggeration(s). There were a few aggression/angry moments, one of which was in the opening cinematic of the game.

11. There's a well thought out theory that the Dark Makers in Jak 3 were wearing some dark tainted precursor metal, thus why they look different from Daxter, or that Daxter simply wasn't exposed with dark eco long enough to evolve into the more exposed dark eco makers in Jak 3, thus why Daxter looks different. Regardless of comestics, Dark Daxter is technically a Dark Maker.

12. Exaggerations.

13. That's not even the story of the game so that reasoning is 100% flawed. However, it is disappointed that no other previous characters returned.

14. Stop. And that's not even the story. Pirates match with the story and setting of the game also, so the pirates are fine.

16. $20 is a good price for the game. It wasn't that bad for $20 to feel like a ripoff.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 25 of 27 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2016

To Bluediamond93

I disagree with most of what you said about the game being good. Yea like you said about the staff and being older characters and such and even then thats not entirely true because there were older characters in the previous games with guns and that is just the way Jak's personality is (he likes guns and big ones). But the general storyline of the series is completely different from this and the way its played. The only real connection was the room they found with the same dark eco pump they used in Jak 2. There just isnt enough of a connection and the mechanics were to far off because it wasnt the original creators. On top of  it, it was made by a company thats has no vulgarity in anything they do mainly speaking about aggression. Every scene was played out too nicely with minimal aggression like Jak is suppose to have. 

Message 26 of 27 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Jun 4, 2016

Sgt_Kick_Ur_Ass wrote:

To Bluediamond93

I disagree with most of what you said about the game being good. Yea like you said about the staff and being older characters and such and even then thats not entirely true because there were older characters in the previous games with guns and that is just the way Jak's personality is (he likes guns and big ones). But the general storyline of the series is completely different from this and the way its played. The only real connection was the room they found with the same dark eco pump they used in Jak 2. There just isnt enough of a connection and the mechanics were to far off because it wasnt the original creators. On top of  it, it was made by a company thats has no vulgarity in anything they do mainly speaking about aggression. Every scene was played out too nicely with minimal aggression like Jak is suppose to have. 

People change and mature, so saying it fits Jak's personality is a poor point. Obviously not every single existent older character is going to have a staff, but that's nitpicking and an unfair point. With Jak's maturity rate additionally, a staff is not a bad choice for him, especially if they design it badass enough to make it more convincing to fitting Jak. Look at other characters and games with awesome heroes who wield staffs: Aang (the Last Airbender), Monkey (Enslaved), Cole MacGrath (inFAMOUS 2) although it could have been much better), and many other characters I haven't even scratched the surface with mentioning. Some kind of Eco Staff would be great for Jak and if executed right (eco channeling staff to compliment Jak's Eco Channeling abilities) the best main weapon for Jak.

There were a few connections, not just with the Dark Warrior Program. There was the connection with the Precursors having not finished creating the world (something they were first mentioned to do in The Precursor Legacy and Jak  3). Then you have the Eco Switches being tied to the Eco core, which has always made sense, but was absent throughout the main first 3 games. Obviously the story is mostly different from the others though.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 27 of 27 (74 Views)
0 Likes