Splicer
46 posts

While the gameplay and the story itself aren't as good as...

Aug 17, 2010

While the gameplay and the story itself aren't as good as many were expecting, I've got to admit the first thing that impressed me in TLF was some of the soundtrack, particulary the #01 Hellcat to the Rescue and #12 A Captain's Sacrifice. The game has many flaws, yes, but it honestly could be worse. After all, it's Jak and Daxter, one of the best game series around.

Perhaps we could do some signature or something requesting a Jak IV for the PS3. It won't have much effect, but it'd be quite interesting to see all the Jak & Daxter fans united.

Message 11 of 27 (676 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

impact games should just stop trying to take over jak

Aug 19, 2010

jak and dater is probobly the best series in the world of games why would anybody try and mess with it i hope that naughty dog doesn't stop making games because high impact made one i want the jak games to go on forever !!!

Message 12 of 27 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
269 posts

Reason 17: It wasn't made by Naughty Dog

Aug 26, 2010
Reason 17: It wasn't made by Naughty Dog
Message 13 of 27 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

I don't have TLF. I was considering getting it, but shees...

Sep 4, 2010

I don't have TLF. I was considering getting it, but sheesh, harsh reaction. And I was already annoyed with the demo including Dark Daxter. So... no go for me, I s'pose.

Message 14 of 27 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

i thought exactly the same. Also the look of the characte...

Sep 5, 2010

PiNerd wrote:

SyrianWarrior wrote:

1. No Light Jak or Dark Jak because of "unstable eco".  Then how did the Aeropeans become Dark?

2. No Samos to guide Keira on how to be a sage.

3. Jak is the only one who can become a Dark eco freak and survive the process because he comes from the house of Mar.  So it doesn't make any sense how their whole city became dark eco if they can't even channel it.

4. No jetboard action.

5. Gunstaff: A stupid replacement for the MorphGun. And as for the Lobber, it's a terrible replacement for the PeaceMaker. The Gunstaff denounces Jak's BAMFness.  You can't even put the staff on your back!

6. Planes. -_- Atleast they're customizable.  That was the worst replacement of all.  The customizationisn't too bad, but an online mode with the planes would've made them a ton more fun.

7. You let High Impact Games make it.  Look at what they did to Ratchet and Clank. Look at their failed attempt to try to make a game like Daxter.

8. It's a game for little kids. No awesome cutscenes, no foulmouthed companions and no awesome cutscenes for big boys.

9. Jak and Daxter's personality. No aggresion no anger. Like putting spongebob in a Jak costume.

10. So much repitition.  Fly and shoot down bad guys.  Fight Dark Eco monster.  Unlock something new.

11. Dark Daxter.  In Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy he fell into the pool of Dark Eco. In Jak 3 Dark Makers are precursors infected with dark eco.  So Dark Daxter would have been a Dark Maker

12. Jak towards Daxter.  Jak acts like Daxter is a little kid in that one.  The only time they look cool together is in the opening scene when hes on the gun.

13.  No old characters. I'm pretty sure there are more people willing to go with them if the worlds going to die. At least Samos the Sage or Ashelin or something!

14. Story. Eco Pirates fighting Dark eco freaks. Why didn't you just put ninjas in there!  Its nothing interesting and and unlike Jak 3 or 2 the story doesn't keep you involved.

15. Camera issues. It was so hard to get from platform to platform if the camera sucks. When I was jumping over the Dark Eco pool with the moving platforms it was hell because the camera kept looking back at me.

16. Cost. 20 bucks. It sure wasn't worth it. Can't return it either.

Why didn't you guys make it?

Number 11 is what pisses me off most about the game.  It's like High Impact Games paid no respect to the story AT ALL.  We learned in Jak 3 that he would be a Dark Maker if he were exposed to more, since he's already a Precursor.  I like this list of reasons why The Lost Frontier sucked, but also, there's no reasoning to be had.  It's just a flat out awful game.  Even if it wouldn't have been based on Jak & Daxter, this game would have still sucked.  VERY BADLY.  High Impact Games should never be allowed to make games based on other franchises.  EVER.  I want ND to make Jak IV and pretend that The Lost Frontier never existed.

i thought exactly the same. Also the look of the characters kinda annoyed me too for example when you look at all the other games ND did they show you progress pics of what the characters may look like for example in Jak 3 ND tried the idea of giving Jak dred-locks similar to Ashlin, then tried another look with him wearing a helmet type of head gear as so-on in the end you could clearly see that ND had readlly thought about Jak - how would he look seen as he was 18 but was now living it rough in the desert fighting to survive. Where as with these guys it seems all they did was get parts from the other games and merged them together - Jaks facial structure from Jak X, his hand protectors/bandages from Jak 3, his tunic and pants from Jak 2 with the added collor from the 1st Jak n Dax game his boots are similar to those i Jak 2 but without the brown boot cover things he has on in 2. what i didn't really like was something someone else on DA pointed out too was the shape of Jaks ears. in all the other games (even in Daxter, but that was made by Ready at Dawn) they added in that kind of extra thickness to the tips of his ears where as in TLF they were no where to be seen. Don't get me started on Keira and how on the scene where she says "i think this is the main control room" she looks like she has mumps, but i just didn't like how she was drawn she didn't seem as cute. Even Jak wasn't as cute as he was in the other games.

so as you can tell what i'm getting at is that ND took their time to create the characters, where as High Impact seem to just choose one design for the characters and stuck to that. if i was them i would have at least asked us fans what we would have wanted. admitidly we'd probably say the game to be made by ND but we would have at least told them the Jak and Dax law about Eco and that could have helped them make the game so much worse.

And one last thing .... going by the time line in that game Jak should be about 20 ish - if so how come he's more whinny than when he was 15 in PL, 17 in Jak 2, 18 in Jak 3 and 19 in Jak X?

jakskingdomdwarf Trophy Card
Message 15 of 27 (676 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 19, 2010

18. They took away Jak's goatee!

Message 16 of 27 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

reasons # 19

Oct 24, 2010

It was not on the PS3

we have been waiting for 5 years and still, no Jak and Daxter on the PS3!!!!!

Why Naughty Dog? why? Why?! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

Message 17 of 27 (676 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

My big issue is the simple fact that none of the ND staff...

Oct 25, 2010

My big issue is the simple fact that none of the ND staff is probably even reading this.

If they had, don't you think they would've listened to us by NOW to maybe put the next game into the works?  I swear, if I lived anywhere near Santa Monica I would've visited them in person to give them a piece of my mind.

Common ND, I loved you guys.  You made my favorite franchise.  But instead of listening to the fans, you just keep doing your own thing, as if we never even existed.  YOU GUYS need to make the next JD game.  Not any of these knock-off companies.

Message 18 of 27 (676 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

more reasons

Oct 26, 2010

20 the ps2 version was just a port of the psp version meaning that it has the same graphics as a psp game.

21. the game was too short & it only took up half of the space on the umd.

22. you cant roll.

23. not enough weapons.

24. dark daxter levels are boring!!

25. this game felt more like a ratchet & clank game.

26. no online multiplayer or DLC

27. you cant play as normal daxter

28. the music sounds too ratchet & clank like

this game should have been made by naughty dog or ready at dawn. oh & if you were to replace J&D with R&C, make the levels slighty different, & change the story to ratchet & clank theme this would be just like a sequel ratchet & clank size matters

Message 19 of 27 (676 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

What really pisses me off

Oct 30, 2010

It's rated "E" why couldn't they make it "M" it would have been a much better game because they could've added more stuff to it." rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/JakFan752]

Message 20 of 27 (676 Views)
0 Likes