Highlighted
Aug 14 2010
By: SyrianWarrior First Son 16 posts

16 reasons why "Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier" failed

26 replies 4782 views Edited Aug 14, 2010

1. No Light Jak or Dark Jak because of "unstable eco".  Then how did the Aeropeans become Dark?

2. No Samos to guide Keira on how to be a sage.

3. Jak is the only one who can become a Dark eco freak and survive the process because he comes from the house of Mar.  So it doesn't make any sense how their whole city became dark eco if they can't even channel it.

4. No jetboard action.

5. Gunstaff: A stupid replacement for the MorphGun. And as for the Lobber, it's a terrible replacement for the PeaceMaker. The Gunstaff denounces Jak's BAMFness.  You can't even put the staff on your back!

6. Planes. -_- Atleast they're customizable.  That was the worst replacement of all.  The customizationisn't too bad, but an online mode with the planes would've made them a ton more fun.

7. You let High Impact Games make it.  Look at what they did to Ratchet and Clank. Look at their failed attempt to try to make a game like Daxter.

8. It's a game for little kids. No awesome cutscenes, no foulmouthed companions and no awesome cutscenes for big boys.

9. Jak and Daxter's personality. No aggresion no anger. Like putting spongebob in a Jak costume.

10. So much repitition.  Fly and shoot down bad guys.  Fight Dark Eco monster.  Unlock something new.

11. Dark Daxter.  In Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy he fell into the pool of Dark Eco. In Jak 3 Dark Makers are precursors infected with dark eco.  So Dark Daxter would have been a Dark Maker

12. Jak towards Daxter.  Jak acts like Daxter is a little kid in that one.  The only time they look cool together is in the opening scene when hes on the gun.

13.  No old characters. I'm pretty sure there are more people willing to go with them if the worlds going to die. At least Samos the Sage or Ashelin or something!

14. Story. Eco Pirates fighting Dark eco freaks. Why didn't you just put ninjas in there!  Its nothing interesting and and unlike Jak 3 or 2 the story doesn't keep you involved.

15. Camera issues. It was so hard to get from platform to platform if the camera sucks. When I was jumping over the Dark Eco pool with the moving platforms it was hell because the camera kept looking back at me.

16. Cost. 20 bucks. It sure wasn't worth it. Can't return it either.

Why didn't you guys make it?

Message 1 of 27 (4,782 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Number 11 is what pisses me off most about the game.  It'...

Aug 15, 2010

SyrianWarrior wrote:

1. No Light Jak or Dark Jak because of "unstable eco".  Then how did the Aeropeans become Dark?

2. No Samos to guide Keira on how to be a sage.

3. Jak is the only one who can become a Dark eco freak and survive the process because he comes from the house of Mar.  So it doesn't make any sense how their whole city became dark eco if they can't even channel it.

4. No jetboard action.

5. Gunstaff: A stupid replacement for the MorphGun. And as for the Lobber, it's a terrible replacement for the PeaceMaker. The Gunstaff denounces Jak's BAMFness.  You can't even put the staff on your back!

6. Planes. -_- Atleast they're customizable.  That was the worst replacement of all.  The customizationisn't too bad, but an online mode with the planes would've made them a ton more fun.

7. You let High Impact Games make it.  Look at what they did to Ratchet and Clank. Look at their failed attempt to try to make a game like Daxter.

8. It's a game for little kids. No awesome cutscenes, no foulmouthed companions and no awesome cutscenes for big boys.

9. Jak and Daxter's personality. No aggresion no anger. Like putting spongebob in a Jak costume.

10. So much repitition.  Fly and shoot down bad guys.  Fight Dark Eco monster.  Unlock something new.

11. Dark Daxter.  In Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy he fell into the pool of Dark Eco. In Jak 3 Dark Makers are precursors infected with dark eco.  So Dark Daxter would have been a Dark Maker

12. Jak towards Daxter.  Jak acts like Daxter is a little kid in that one.  The only time they look cool together is in the opening scene when hes on the gun.

13.  No old characters. I'm pretty sure there are more people willing to go with them if the worlds going to die. At least Samos the Sage or Ashelin or something!

14. Story. Eco Pirates fighting Dark eco freaks. Why didn't you just put ninjas in there!  Its nothing interesting and and unlike Jak 3 or 2 the story doesn't keep you involved.

15. Camera issues. It was so hard to get from platform to platform if the camera sucks. When I was jumping over the Dark Eco pool with the moving platforms it was hell because the camera kept looking back at me.

16. Cost. 20 bucks. It sure wasn't worth it. Can't return it either.

Why didn't you guys make it?

Number 11 is what pisses me off most about the game.  It's like High Impact Games paid no respect to the story AT ALL.  We learned in Jak 3 that he would be a Dark Maker if he were exposed to more, since he's already a Precursor.  I like this list of reasons why The Lost Frontier sucked, but also, there's no reasoning to be had.  It's just a flat out awful game.  Even if it wouldn't have been based on Jak & Daxter, this game would have still sucked.  VERY BADLY.  High Impact Games should never be allowed to make games based on other franchises.  EVER.  I want ND to make Jak IV and pretend that The Lost Frontier never existed.

Message 2 of 27 (4,782 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

What pisses me off most about the game is the made it &qu...

Aug 15, 2010

What pisses me off most about the game is the made it "E" for Everyone.  So they had to take out all the foulmouthed guys and Dark and Light Jak, and i guess they thought the peacemaker or supernova  was too violent for kids.

Message 3 of 27 (4,782 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Your so right

Aug 15, 2010

all of thows resons are true!!  I cant beleve that High Impact games made that!!  and isnt High Impact games made from former members of Insomniac games and Naughty Dog?  How could they screw this up!?!?  don't they know how to make a good game?!?!

Message 4 of 27 (4,782 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

I read somewhere that The Lost Frontier story was written...

Aug 16, 2010

I read somewhere that The Lost Frontier story was written by ND. It's probably just a rumor, though.

If they do make a Jak IV somewhere in the future, they might as well pretend TLF never happened.

The story had some flaws, as the OP already pointed out. What annoyed me the most was the Dark Daxter bit; it just doesn't makes sense, at least for me.

The Peacemaker, Light & Dark Jak and the Jetboard probably didn't made it because of PSP limitations.

They should've included more stuff in the PS2 version, however, it's just a port.

Message 5 of 27 (4,782 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

the peace maker shouldnt have been that hard

Aug 16, 2010

the peace maker shouldnt have been that hard to put on psp, also the jetboard. the jet board couldve been L+R

Message 6 of 27 (4,782 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

High Impact Games was founded by a few former Insomniacs,...

Aug 16, 2010

ClassicSpyroFan wrote:

all of thows resons are true!!  I cant beleve that High Impact games made that!!  and isnt High Impact games made from former members of Insomniac games and Naughty Dog?  How could they screw this up!?!?  don't they know how to make a good game?!?!

High Impact Games was founded by a few former Insomniacs, I don't think that there are any former Naughty Dogs there. There's a few former Dogs that work at Ready at Dawn, who made Daxter.

Message 7 of 27 (4,782 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

I can't believe I'm actually going to do this, but...I'm...

Aug 16, 2010

I can't believe I'm actually going to do this, but...I'm going to chug this awful game down my throat, come back here, and spill my thoughts about the game......If I can finish it.  I gave up on my first playthrough because the game is that awful.  Nevertheless, I will try my best to actually finish it this time!

Message 8 of 27 (4,782 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

i miss jak and daxter :smileyindifferent:

Aug 16, 2010

i miss jak and daxter :smileyindifferent:

Message 9 of 27 (4,782 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Hey buddy. I agree with #11 so much. I wish Naughty Dog w...

Aug 17, 2010
Hey buddy. I agree with #11 so much. I wish Naughty Dog wouldn't let this happen.
Want Jak IV?! "Like" this page on facebook please: http://goo.gl/O9TZv
Message 10 of 27 (4,782 Views)
0 Likes