Sep 11 2009
By: MickaeL486 Sackboy 625 posts

Hot Shots Out of Bounds - Come on Already!!

6 replies 12 views Edited Sep 11, 2009

This game is fun but not 60 bucks fun.  It's been out for way over a year and it requires a full download to the hard drive to play. (over 5GB!!)

I think it's time to make this a downloadable title (like Burnout Paradise) and offer it for 20 bucks.  There are so many extra add-ons for this game that require more money.  If they want me spend on the add ons', they gotta cut the price of this game in half at the least.

Come to think of it, where's the sequel?!  If this game adopted or adopts (in the sequel) the Tiger Woods swing mechanic, it would be the best golf game ever because the courses are always more interesting in Hot Shots.

It also needs the ariel view of it's PSP cousin.  The view in out of bounds doesn't angle down to the ground enough.  But the PSP version is very useful.

I want a new golf game and I'm sick of Tiger Woods.  Too boring.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Hot Shots Out of Bounds - Come on Already!!

Sep 20, 2009
This is the game I've played the most, easily worth 60$ for me.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
625 posts

Sep 20, 2009

Understood but nearly a year and half plus after release, you'd think a simple game like this would join the merits of bigger titles that have gone to the greatest hits library.   and I know I'd spend a couple bucks here and there for frivolous crap like being able to play as Kratos... but I'm not gonna spend close to 100 bucks doing so for a game so old and with a possible sequel in the works.

Is there any news on the sequel?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 28, 2009
I wouldn't expect another Hot Shots game for a few years. They never did more than a couple for any system anyway. This is the best golf game ever but we got ripped on the number of courses for sure.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
625 posts

Sep 28, 2009

They came out with 4 Hot Shots Golf games for the PS2.   Which averages out to about one new game per year.   And they have 2 for the PSP.

I was holding out hoping that they'd adopt the Tiger Woods method of hitting the ball with the analog stick.  Other than that, Hot Shots Golf is much more fun.  The courses are more creative and it's quicker...less boring than Tiger Woods.  

Ah hell.  I'm probably gonna pick up the old Out of Bounds one next week and then find out the release date for the new one later that day.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2414 posts

Sep 28, 2009

Actually there were two for the original PlayStation and then two for the PS2. OOB is the 5th in the complete series (not counting the PSP versions).

As for the analog stick method, I'm glad they didn't put that in. Won't be too surprised if the next game possibly incorporates the motion controller coming next spring (not saying it will but it wouldn't surprise me). 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
625 posts

Sep 29, 2009
Oh yeah. ok.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes