Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
844 posts

Re: Homefront First Impressions?

Apr 5, 2011

Punfisher wrote:

And you shouldn't have to pay full price to rent a demo.  That's what it is when you're only allowed access to the most minimal of features.

Where are you paying full prices for demos??  And why?

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 42 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
575 posts

Apr 6, 2011

your ping is more important than your internet speed, by upgrading your internet you more than likely got a better ping on the newer servers,  and 40.00 for internet is cheap i pay 55.00 for a 15meg down 5 up connection that never fails to impress me

invision2212 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 42 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Apr 8, 2011

KellyJaye wrote:

Where are you paying full prices for demos??  And why?

You don't get it. Please read the backstory.  If you rent this game, you will not have access to many of the features that those who bought it new have access to.  Having access to only the basic default gear, skills and game modes basically makes it a demo.  My point is that those who rent this game from the video store are playing full rental price and all they get is a "demo" since much of the gear, skills and modes are unavailable. In order to access those things they will have to pay an additional $10 for an online pass.  Long story short, I'm not gonna pay $5 to rent this game if I can't use any of the features.  In order for me to enjoy the same features that other games offer for free, that five day video game rental would cost me $15.

I'm tired of hearing people defend this practice.  You want the rental industry gone? The used game industry gone?  I guess so.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 42 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Apr 8, 2011

invision2212 wrote:

your ping is more important than your internet speed, by upgrading your internet you more than likely got a better ping on the newer servers,  and 40.00 for internet is cheap i pay 55.00 for a 15meg down 5 up connection that never fails to impress me

The $40 per month package at ATT&T is the fastest wireless I can get. What we pay just to play a video game is outrageous.  As long as we're complacent, corporations will only keep charging more and more. It will never end. When our kids are our age, they will spend $1000 to play one video game and they will be ok with it.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 42 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
844 posts

Apr 8, 2011

You must have not played the game yet or read the previous posts yourself.  You get all the online features as everyone else.  The only difference is that your online rank stops at 5.  You get everything everyone else gets up to level 5.  By the time you get there, its probably time to take the game back anyway if its rented.

If you bought it used, yeah that might suck but makes sense to me to implement something like that.  If anything , it could help things.  For those games that might have a feature like this will cause the resale of these game to slow down because people will not want to pay extra once they buy the used game.  If sales drop on these games, then prices will go down on them to get them to sell.  Hence...cheaper used games!  And also if you dont want to pay for the extra online ability, then you got off a little cheaper.

I dont have the link handy but I read something recently that Gamestop is already taking note of what games have this feature and let you know at purchase that you will need to buy the online key just as a warning.  There was also something in the works where they want to be able to include some kind of temporary 3 day key for their used games so the buyer can decide if they want to pay for a full online key.

Overall, just keep in mind that you will be paying 10.00 more than the face value of a used game.  And as long as there are old games and people with empty pockets wanting money for stuff they dont want anymore, there will ALWAYS be a used game industry

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 42 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
844 posts

Apr 8, 2011

Punfisher wrote:

invision2212 wrote:

The $40 per month package at ATT&T is the fastest wireless I can get. What we pay just to play a video game is outrageous.  As long as we're complacent, corporations will only keep charging more and more. It will never end. When our kids are our age, they will spend $1000 to play one video game and they will be ok with it.

As long as there is competition in business, prices will compete.  You just have to keep your eyes open!  It use to be 40-50 bucks a month for basic DSL which you can get for about 20.00 a month now.  Before that, it use to be 20.00 a month for 10hrs of dialup AOL a month!  What you are paying 40.00 a month for is new technology and like always, it will go down in price when something better comes out.  Until a month or so ago when I upgraded to Fios which is pretty pricy, Ive been paying about 20-25 bucks a month for cable which was a speed below their fastest speed which was hardly noticible unless you are timing downloads for some reason.  Everything worked just as good with games too...for half the price.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 42 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Apr 10, 2011

KellyJaye wrote:

You must have not played the game yet or read the previous posts yourself.  You get all the online features as everyone else.  The only difference is that your online rank stops at 5.  You get everything everyone else gets up to level 5.  By the time you get there, its probably time to take the game back anyway if its rented.

I did play the game. I use a seperate profile to test games I'm not sure about before I commit. No. You do not get the same online features as everyone else if you rent this game. The real meat of this game is after level 5. You unlock as you go. You don't get squat until after level 5.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 42 (372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 11, 2011

This game is a complete mess and like someone else said, it's not even upto scratch graphically with a PS2!

Purchased on release and certainly will not ever be buying or renting anything the developers create again, it's an embarrassment to gaming!

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 42 (372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 11, 2011

Don't complain about 6mb internet for 40$ a month plz. I pay 60$ for usually less than 256kb internet because I'm in a shitty location and have absolutely no access to anything better.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 42 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5276 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Those of you that are complaining about the graphics, saying they are PS2 quality, did you actually play the PS2? I mean the graphics aren't anything to rave about, but they definitely aren't PS2 quality. Overall the game is still a lot of fun IMO. I just need more time to play it tbh.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 42 (372 Views)
0 Likes