Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
51 posts

Re: This Buyer is Returning "Heavy Rain" to the Store

Feb 27, 2010
I'm truly disheartened to hear that so many people who took a chance on this game are unable enjoy or even play it.

I've encountered only minor technical issues with this game (screen tearing, audio drop-outs, animation hiccups and one freeze early on) and was able to complete one playthrough, so far. The point I'd like to make regarding the possibility of a patch to resolve the serious problems that some of you are experiencing is this: if you ask users that have been able to play Heavy Rain, I feel certain that they will uniformly agree that this game, beyond the technical flaws, has been very lovingly crafted by it's designers. David Cage and his colleagues at Quantic Dream obviously care a great deal for this title and what it could represent within the industry. Buying anything is always a risky investment of precious, too-little resources for most consumers but I wholly appreciate the risk that Quantic Dream has also taken, to deliver a game that is so far removed from the vast majority of modern games that it is almost assuredly destined to remain a niche title... whether or not it performed flawlessly. Because of this, I find it nearly impossible to believe that they are not interested in correcting these errors as much as, if not more than, players would like them to be.

By writing this game off so quickly, I fear that you do a great disservice to yourself and perhaps all gamers who might enjoy a truly uncommon experience within a medium currently mired in conformity.
Message 71 of 74 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 27, 2010
That's sad to hear but I understand.
Message 72 of 74 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 27, 2010
Well, I"m off to gamestop. Hopefully I'll get $40 for it.
Message 73 of 74 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 27, 2010
Is your ps3 doing anything other than playing the game? I was having those issues when I downloading gow3. However, once I paused the download, it worked fine.
Message 74 of 74 (7 Views)
0 Likes