Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 03 2010
By: DUBorNOTHING First Son 29 posts

The ARI Glasses

9 replies 158 views Edited Mar 3, 2010

So all i gotta say is... i want a pair of ari glasses haha. and an animus.. but thats a different game. 

But my question is,  is it the glasses that make jayden trip out and take the trypto?  or does Jayden have some sort of drug problem.  I think its the glasses. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (158 Views)
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Re: The ARI Glasses

Mar 3, 2010

Jayden's drug problem appears to be a seperate problem than his use of ARI.  Obviously the drug had major impact on his grip on reality compounded by the use of the ARI, but the glasses don't require the use of the drug to work.  In one ending Blake uses the glasses and they work just fine.

"Note to my neighbors, those rumblings you heard earlier was not an earthquake, I now have nuclear power."
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

Mar 3, 2010

****spoilers maybe*******

The ARI makes him use the drug, it is a substitute for the ARI. All of the butler's warnings refer to using ARI not tryptophan. If you take too long in the last scene where he is looking over evidence the ARI kills him after making his eyes bleed.

He only needs the drugs after using ARI.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 9, 2010

i honestly think hes abused the ARI so much that its effecting his reality and the artificial reality and they are merging together. and the triptocaine helps him to maintain a grip on reality but the drug will kill him overtime so an alternative is water because the sense of feeling the water lets him root himself in the real reality. but yes i want those glasses so bad

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 16, 2010

To right mate 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Apr 16, 2010

ive wondered about this question to and you guys have some good points, but if those glasses were so harmful to not only kill u if you wear them for to long but also make you dependent on a drug to handle it wouldnt something like that be illegal? i mean it would just be to dangerous i think. but he is walking around in a crime scene and police station wearing them in front of cops so i guess not. but yeah they are cool id like to have a pair to if they made a safer version.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3971 posts

Apr 17, 2010

The triptocaine is actually used to counter the effects of ARI, but it has its own effects. So by using the ARI, Jayden has to use triptocaine, but it is an addictive drug with its own effects. If he doesn't use triptocaine, he goes into withdrawal and experiences the ARI's effects. Like someone else mentioned, it is a deadly cycle.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3260 posts

Apr 27, 2010

:robotsurprised:SPOILED BELOW:robotsurprised:

In one ending, Norman sits down with the ARI on and is surrounded by "lil' blue tanks".  Did anybody see any significance in them, or is it just a random schiz?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 2, 2010

He is an FBI agent, hes probably testing some kind of exclusive new prototype technology available only to the bureau. And even thou COPS know about them they are not allowed to use them (the glasses I mean), and probably they dont know about the side effects either.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11336 posts

Jul 12, 2010

DUBorNOTHING wrote:

So all i gotta say is... i want a pair of ari glasses haha. and an animus.. but thats a different game. 

But my question is,  is it the glasses that make jayden trip out and take the trypto?  or does Jayden have some sort of drug problem.  I think its the glasses. 

I am just going to fine-tune a response that I sent to someone...

Those glasses of his (ARI) are more dangerous than Triptocaine will ever be but that does not mean that Jayden cannot overdose on Triptocaine. ARI is dangerous in that it causes cerebral hemorrhaging and encourages the distortion of reality. Triptocaine is dangerous in that it is an addictive substance, which happens to be harmful if taken in large quantities...

Jayden seems to have several problems in Heavy Rain but it can be hard to distinguish between what is causing what considering that Triptocaine counters the side effects of ARI but is itself “not a solution” (it compounds the problems if it gives its user an addiction). Try to think of this whole process as a vicious cycle of dependency. If Jayden gets rid of his Triptocaine then he will probably rid himself of those withdrawal symptoms that you see quite frequently in Heavy Rain but without Triptocaine to counter the side effects of ARI he will probably run the risk of causing permanent damage to his cerebral cortex...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes