May 23 2012
By: shutupcassie First Son 2 posts

Stuck on loading screen

4 replies 2947 views Edited May 23, 2012

I know this problem isn't anything new, but I can't find any solutions anywhere and my game is virtually unplayable.

I purchased Heavy Rain today and have put a few hours into it. I just finished First Encounter, and now I'm stuck on the loading screen with the close up of Jayden's face. I've tried replaying the last chapter and I have tried deleting game data but nothing seems to work for me. Is it the disc itself or is it an issue with my system? Has anyone ever figured out how to get past this?

Message 1 of 5 (2,947 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11297 posts

Re: Stuck on loading screen

May 23, 2012

Have you tried resetting the system yet? Exiting the game to the dashboard and reloading it? Trying either of those may work to your advantage, as the game does have a buggy history.

Message 2 of 5 (2,947 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 23, 2012

I have /: I've even gone as far as reinstalling all of the data and updates, but absolutely nothing seems to work.

Message 3 of 5 (2,947 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11297 posts

May 24, 2012

Is your copy of the game used or new? Does it have the same problem on other systems, such as a friend's? I'm not exactly sure there's a way to fix this, or if the problem is stemming from the system or the disc. But, try the game on a friend's system if you can and see if that helps any.

Message 4 of 5 (2,947 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 30, 2012

I'm having kinda the same issue with Heavy Rain.  I borrowed one of my father-in-laws ps3's just to play this particular game (been dying to play it since it was announced).  He loaned me his original bulky ps3 and I went out and bought the director's cut of Heavy Rain (brand new).  Loaded the disc and started playing.  After about 30 or so minutes, the sound goes completely quiet and I'm unable to interact with anything in game.  Only thing to do is quit the game and start again.  This goes on and I just think maybe it's his old ps3.

Cut to a week ago and I buy me a new ps3 slim.  Put the heavy rain disc in and let it go through its install and updating.  As soon as I'm able to control the guy, the sound goes off and I'm unable to interact with anything in the game world!!  I quit the game and go back in multiple times and get the same error after playing anywhere from 5-30 minutes!!  I've tried searching for an answer to this error but so far am unable to find a solution.  I have to say that so far I'm extremely disappointed with my ps3 purchase (as I'm also having an issue updating SOCOM 4).

Message 5 of 5 (2,906 Views)
0 Likes