Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 09 2012
By: Carranza1231 First Son 4 posts

Still Debating!

9 replies 617 views Edited Nov 9, 2012

Should I get this game?! I really want to know if I should or not. And be given some really good legitimate reasons as to why I should. Not bc it's awesome or anything. I played the demo and found it interesting.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (617 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11072 posts

Re: Still Debating!

Nov 11, 2012

Aside from Heavy Rain's awesomeness, what else do you want to know about? Heavy Rain is a game that grabs its players emotionally with gripping cinematics and mind-blowing incidents you probably won't see coming ahead of time. The game is a total mindjob as it is relative to your time. This game is like playing through one of the very best movies you'll ever watch, only it's not a movie. As an interactive dramatic turn of sequences, Heavy Rain is a game you're going to love.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (612 Views)
Fender Bender
2963 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

I just finished this game myself and it totally blew my mind. If you like this type of game genre you won't be disappointed. it is like watching a really good movie, except your controlling it. It would be hard to explain the game without giving anything away, but it really gives you an emotional attachment to the characters. And there's so many branching paths that when you finish it, you'll want to play again just to see what happens if you do something different. Just be careful that you don't read too much into this forums, because some of these threads to contain spoilers. I've been really careful about that myself. But since I finished the game I'm more free to read some of them now. But agian be careful because the game won't be as fun if someone spoils it for you.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (604 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Heavy Rain is a very unique game that really puts you into the shoes of the main characters, and really makes you wonder if you would actually do the stunts seen in the game that the main character has to constantly endure, to some degree it's not really a game, but rather an interactive movie that allows you to make the decisions for the characters, and change the whole course of the game, this game has a lot of replayability and there's tons of different scenarios, I definitely recommend it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Hi, Carranza!  You did already buy the game, right? :smileywink: :smileywink: :smileywink:  Definitely worth it!  Great game with a gripping story and interesting game mechanics.  It's also very replayable since there are so many ways to play the scenes in the game.  I wouldn't be surprised if anyone who plays Heavy Rain becomes personally and emotionally invested in the characters at some point.

It truly is an "interactive drama".  You'll love the game even more if you're into "crime dramas" and police dramas too :smileywink:.

FYI, I got a PS3 primarily for 2 games (well, initially, anyway) --- Metal Gear Solid 4 and Heavy Rain, and both didn't disappoint!  Enjoy the game if you already have it.  If you don't have it yet, buy it or rent it :smileyvery-happy:!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (576 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I would highly recommend this game. I was skeptical at first too. This game is gorgeously done, the story is awesome, and its basically a choose your own adventure!  Choose your own adventure! That's all you need right there... choose your own adventure!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2600 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Beside's the amount of QTE in the game, it has a pretty good story and the twist is really great. And there are like 18 different endings depending on your action's in the game.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Hi PSN community..

I am new to PS 3 and gaming. My question is, is this the right game to begin with and is it easy to operate of the controls for a newbie?

Appreciate any feedback or suggestions as well. Thanks a ton!

Cheers...
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Afthika wrote:

Hi PSN community..

I am new to PS 3 and gaming. My question is, is this the right game to begin with and is it easy to operate of the controls for a newbie?

Appreciate any feedback or suggestions as well. Thanks a ton!

Hi welcome!

This is a fine game to start with, you might want to familiarize yourself with the controller buttons if you new to the PlayStation controller.  Alot of the game consist of button prompts coming on the screen, which can be time sensitive.  The game is fantastic!  There are multiple senarios of playing chapters which can effect the story.  If you go with this game you won't be disappointed.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (469 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Thanks a lot Jmes99 for the feedback, think i will go in for it.

Cheers...
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (440 Views)
0 Likes