Mar 27 2010
By: JCA90 Sackboy 472 posts

Question about the Saves...

2 replies 8 views Edited Mar 27, 2010

So my PS3 got the YLOD, so i sent that to Sony to get repaired, while that happened, i luckily have another PS3 in my home (not mine it's my sister's boyfriend's) so anyway, I played Heavy Rain on his console, got most of the trophies and finished the game, my PS3 should be coming back tomorrow, and i just found out that the saves are copy protected, now i've only played the story once, but i was wondering what would happen to my trophies if i were to play Heavy Rain on my PS3, would they disappear because they see i have no save on my PS3 and think, o hey he didn't unlock them, because i see trophies are also in the extra's category of the game. Thanks for any replies, and i hope i made this post made sense lol

Message 1 of 3 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Re: Question about the Saves...

Mar 27, 2010

Hey mate, your trophies will stay with your profile, so don't worry about that.

BUT, in order for you to get the gold trophy, you HAVE to continue to use the same data. Meaning, you have to replay the whole game on your PS3 from the start. Well, you don't have to, but I don't think your sister boyfriend would like you to play his ps3 continually until you get platinum lol.

The second choice is to use data transfer utility, where it'll MOVE all the data from your sister bf PS3 to yours, but again it MOVES the data. Hence your sister bf ps3 will have no save data/movie/pictures/music left lol...

The last choice is to use the backup utility, which will copy EVERYTHING into an external hdd. This will take hours depending on size, for reference 40gb ~= 5hrs. This will hopefully allow you to copy everything that is in ur sister bf's ps3 to urs.

Just beware, that both backup utility and data transfer utility will erase whatever stuff you have on your ps3.

Hope that makes sense.

But yea, this is STUPID. Quantic Dream should just make the save data locked to the PSN ID, and that way you can copy your save data to any PS3 and continue your progress, and still safe from cheaters (ala RE5/Burnout Paradise, etc.).

Message 2 of 3 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3210 posts

Re: Question about the Saves...

Mar 27, 2010

You won't lose the trophies.  And since the game save is copy protected I wouldn't even bother trying to copy it from his PS3 to yours, it would probably be easier just to play the game over again from the beginning.

Message 3 of 3 (8 Views)
0 Likes