Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2010
By: Spidey817 I Only Post Everything 1187 posts

Kamikaze Trophy

74 replies 1095 views Edited Feb 25, 2010

Anyone get this? If so, is it difficult? I attempted it earlier, but I missed my second QTE and decided to just try later.

It just seems like a pain to have to start from the beginning of the chapter every time you miss a QTE.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 75 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12999 posts

Re: Kamikaze Trophy

Feb 25, 2010

Hoagie324 wrote:

I'm attempting it right now.... I'm probably on my tenth time. GRR. the motion controls are making me extremely angry. Anybody have tips on this? Any exploits to make the motion sensor work better?

EDIT: Here's the order for anybody that wants to know so they can get it...

During The Bear, take the best route on the highway.
                          Use the following steps to complete this task (note
                          there are other random prompts in between each
                          'mandatory' step):

:: 1. Left or Right
                          :: 2. Right
                          :: 3. Left
                          :: 4. Left at the barrier
                          :: 5. Right when you encounter three vehicles and the bus
                          :: 6. Right
                          :: 7. Right at the toll booth
                          :: 8. Right
                          :: 9. Left or Right

Note you cannot fail with the other prompts that occur
                          in between.

Message Edited by Hoagie324 on 02-24-2010 07:09 PM

Allow me to make a minor correction to something above (source IGN).  I got it this evening after many many attempts and impatience!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 75 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 25, 2010
Thanks for letting us know that.. it will definitely help in getting the trophy... I'll make sure to edit the main post so everyone knows as well. I'm getting extremely close! I only missed the VERY last prompt, and got really angry! I'm not giving up, however, and i'll keep trying. If I got them all, I can do it again, and I'll get the last one. thanks again
Heavy Rain.... The most depressing yet amazing game you'll ever play.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 75 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 25, 2010

I'm attempting it right now.... I'm probably on my tenth time. GRR. the motion controls are making me extremely angry. Anybody have tips on this? Any exploits to make the motion sensor work better?

EDIT: Here's the order for anybody that wants to know so they can get it...

During The Bear, take the best route on the highway.
                          Use the following steps to complete this task (note
                          there are other random prompts in between each
                          'mandatory' step):

:: 1. Left
                          :: 2. Right
                          :: 3. Left
                          :: 4. Left at the barrier
                          :: 5. Right when you encounter three vehicles and the bus
                          :: 6. Right
                          :: 7. Right at the toll booth
                          :: 8. Right
                          :: 9. Left or Right

Note you cannot fail with the other prompts that occur
                          in between.

Message Edited by Hoagie324 on 02-24-2010 07:33 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 75 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12999 posts

Feb 25, 2010

Hoagie324 wrote:
Thanks for letting us know that.. it will definitely help in getting the trophy... I'll make sure to edit the main post so everyone knows as well. I'm getting extremely close! I only missed the VERY last prompt, and got really angry! I'm not giving up, however, and i'll keep trying. If I got them all, I can do it again, and I'll get the last one. thanks again

I'm sure you'll get it.  I tried for over 10-15 times...could've been more.  I even took some breaks to get coffee because it was really getting to me.  Thankfully the game doesn't change the prompts so by the 20th. time, I pretty much knew which prompts were coming.

Message Edited by Zinacef on 02-24-2010 10:37 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 75 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 25, 2010
Well... I was doing it again and did great... and the game froze on me. for the first time. I hope I don't have the same issue as everyone else and it no longer works... I was having a great time. I really hope it works out okay.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 75 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Feb 25, 2010
I've come to the realization that this one is gonna be next to impossible to get, thanks to the gaddamn 6AXIS controls. The thrusting of the controller to one side (like when you fight, or to "clear all" in ARI) seems to work, but the twisting left/right is hit or miss. I hate 6AXIS controls in any game. They suck. Leave the moving of the controller to the Wii owners.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 75 (1,095 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 25, 2010

I was saying the exact same thing when I was frustrated because I couldn't get it. But then I finally got lucky and did it. I think motion controls are good in Heavy Rain, and help contribute to the game. Sometimes they can be a little much, but I think the game is still amazing with the pain of the motion controls. Just keep trying and you are bound to get it eventually. As you can see by my previous posts on this thread, I tried A LOT to get it... it had to be at least 20 times.

You can do it!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 75 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Feb 25, 2010

Hoagie324 wrote:

I was saying the exact same thing when I was frustrated because I couldn't get it. But then I finally got lucky and did it. I think motion controls are good in Heavy Rain, and help contribute to the game. Sometimes they can be a little much, but I think the game is still amazing with the pain of the motion controls. Just keep trying and you are bound to get it eventually. As you can see by my previous posts on this thread, I tried A LOT to get it... it had to be at least 20 times.

You can do it!

I got you beat. I tried more than 20, hell, even more than 30 times, and the controls don't work for me. It's the steering ones that I always fail at least one. The arrows are easy. The controls are just non-responsive to my twisting, especially when I get up to the barriers, and the guys working on the road. I may just try it on the easy setting, because I've played the Hard setting since the 1st play-thru.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 75 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Feb 26, 2010
**bleep** MAN! I keep hitting the cop cars! It seems impossible to not hit them. I've tilted right and left, but everytime I hit the freaking cars!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 75 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes