Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Re: Kamikaze Trophy

Feb 27, 2010
I finally got the birthday trophy, now I'm trying this one.   Its tricky, because I'll always miss one of the prompts.  *sigh*  I'll get it eventually though.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 75 (133 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Feb 27, 2010

DeeBeeAye wrote:
I just got it. The easiest way to do it is to switch to the easiest difficulty setting. There are less motion controls to deal with. I got it in two tries. You can make one mistake (I did) and the trophy will still pop up.

Good to know
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 75 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Feb 27, 2010
I played through this whole thing perfectly...until I missed the final X prompt, and did not get the trophy.  Whatever you do, don't miss that final X
"Note to my neighbors, those rumblings you heard earlier was not an earthquake, I now have nuclear power."
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 75 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Feb 28, 2010

I literally cannot get this trophy. I've done it three times in a row, following the guide here and on IGN. Never miss a QTE, still no trophy. Does it pop up after the scene, or after the event with Madison at the hotel?

EDIT: I've figured out my problem. My controller simply will not recognize that I'm trying to turn right at the part with cop along side of me. It always slams into him, regardless of which way I turn it. I've tried softly, flat, quick, etc... it simply will not go. Any suggestions?

Message Edited by packy17 on 02-27-2010 05:02 PM
packy17
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 75 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 28, 2010
it may sound completely ridiculous, but tilt ur controller just a little towards ur tv, and then try the tunnel-cop scene. thats how i got it honestly. at the cop, remember turn it gently, not fast..good luck 
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 75 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 28, 2010

Goin on the fact that you have to turn gently during the tunnel cop scene, can anyone confirm that there are other events that need a certain speed of turning?

I don't know if it's just me, but on the very first rotation the only way I can pass it is if I turn it gently, while others need a quicker turn or even multiple tries.  It almost looks like you can tell just by the situation, like a small turn in the scene only needs a small rotation of the controller.  We know this works with the tunnel cop.  There are still some rotations that I cant figure out or get every time.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Maybe if I can figure out which turns are gentle and which are more violent I can finally get this trophy, been trying for a long time.

Cant figure out these turns:
Second one after you swerve out of control

Avoiding the guy with the broken car

Avoiding the first contruction worker

Dodging the truck after the tunnel

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 75 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 2, 2010

the tunnel scene is the only place that matters which way u turn the controller. all the other controller turning prompts dont matter for the trophy. just make sure u get the left/right prompts rite. thats all.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 75 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 2, 2010

I did this exactlly as Zinacef said to and it actually worked after 40 some tries. TY!!

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 75 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Mar 2, 2010

Just change your difficulty to easy - I did first time...

And this new format of the forum blows ass

andytheanimal Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 75 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6143 posts

Mar 2, 2010

You always hit the police car in that scene you can't avoid it, but I think I know where you are going wrong, you said you followed the IGN guide, well, the IGN guide only lists 1 or the 3 correct combinations, the difficulty changes what order you have to do the things in, for example, easy is Right, Right, Left, Left, and all the rest are Right the higher the difficult the more the buttons change for the correct combination for this trophy.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 75 (133 Views)
0 Likes