Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Re: Kamikaze Trophy

Feb 26, 2010
Most of the trophies are pretty easy, but this one is tough I'll be going for it on my current playthrough.   Thanks for the tips.  (@ 2nd poster.)
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 75 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4974 posts

Feb 26, 2010
^^ Your supposed to hit the cop cars. No way to avoid it during the road block.

DeeBeeAye wrote:
I've come to the realization that this one is gonna be next to impossible to get, thanks to the gaddamn 6AXIS controls. The thrusting of the controller to one side (like when you fight, or to "clear all" in ARI) seems to work, but the twisting left/right is hit or miss. I hate 6AXIS controls in any game. They suck. Leave the moving of the controller to the Wii owners.

I hate motion controls for the most part to. Like when playing Flow and Flower. Anyway it kept messing up on the car scene for me too until I really started to slam it in the proper direction. I'd do it 2 or 3 times just to make sure it would go.

Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 75 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Feb 26, 2010

First things first:

Guys,

Everytime you are getting your trophy via CHAPTER selection in start menu, don't forget to opt to SAVE CHANGES..

Usually Trophies are registered during the next character change (The huge face loading screen), so please wait until that time..

It's not going to pop up as soon as u complete it..

Secondly:

You have to yank your controller on that direction whole heartedly.. I personally don't have any trouble and enjoying it as it adds the immersion..

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 75 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Feb 26, 2010
I've been struggling to get this trophy for a while now even when I'm following the correct set of directions to choose. I'll keep trying. :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 75 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 26, 2010
YYou DONT HAVE to opt to save changes to get trophies when selecting chapters. Just finish the scene and don't quit to the main menu until you get it.
Too tired to sleep
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 75 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 26, 2010

Man, this is irritating!  I read that all you had to do was not make a mistake, which I finally accomplished, but got no trophy.  I didn't know you had to take a specific route!!!

EDIT: YESSSS!!!! Got it!  Thanks guys!! 

Message Edited by Perrumpo on 02-26-2010 12:17 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 75 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 26, 2010
This isn't working for me either. I have followed the directions of left,right,left, left, and then all rights 'til the end and I did this without any errors in the prompts between. Still no trophy. I don't mind trophies being difficult, they are trophies after all but I do not like being unclear about the criteria to recieve them. Are there any more specifics on how to be sure I have not failed anything? I would assume if I fail one of the prompts, it would light up in red as it normally does. I didn't have any reds. Should I be using some other factors to determine wether or not I failed? Like the car scrapes for instance. Sometimes I'll hit a car on one attempt but will glide more smoothly past it in another attempt. Some impacts though, do not appear to be avoidable no matter what I do.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 75 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 27, 2010
u need to make sure u dont hit the cop car after u burst through the toll booth. its in the tunnel. u need to choose right, tilting ur controller. make sure u tilt it really gently and slowly (not too slow). i had troubles with this as well, until u get it rite with the cop car. 
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 75 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 27, 2010

Awesome! I just got it! Thanks dude. I know for sure that I had not red flash when I did the cop car thing before but I guess that doesn't mean you did the motion correctly. This time I did it all perfect again and made sure that no sparks flew when passing the cop car and that did it!

Thanks Again

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 75 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Feb 27, 2010
I just got it. The easiest way to do it is to switch to the easiest difficulty setting. There are less motion controls to deal with. I got it in two tries. You can make one mistake (I did) and the trophy will still pop up.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 75 (176 Views)
0 Likes