Nov 20 2010
By: BlueJay35 First Son 20 posts

Heavy Rain + Playstation Move?

15 replies 601 views Edited Nov 20, 2010

So I have been informed that Heavy Rain on the Playstation move is AMAZING! Is this true??

I am debating on buying the Playstation Move and I was wondering besides Heavy Rain what other games can go with it. Is it worth buying for Heavy Rain than expanding my move games?

XBL: PMS BlueJay
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (601 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Re: Heavy Rain + Playstation Move?

Nov 20, 2010

Yeah it does. I just got the move yesterday and I bought heavy rain when it first came out. Great game with the DS3 controller but it's  harder with the move. Maybe because I'm not used to it but to me it's harder. And because I didn't buy the nav controller, it just makes moving around difficult. So I suggest buying the nav controller if you buy the move for heavy rain. The heavy action parts are actually easier than non action parts though. I don't know why but it's pretty fun. Maybe it's because I don't really have to worry about walking in the high action scenes. I just have to do the gestures with the move controller. So, conclusion, if you buy the move for Heavy Rain, make sure you buy the nav controller too. I hope their on sail on black Friday so I can pick one up.

BTW: My over all experience with the move has been pretty boring honestly. I always suspected it'd be like the wii and I was right. But I gave into the hype and just bought it. I honestly don't understand the craze.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (601 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Nov 20, 2010

That gave me so much help! I was debating between the move and the Kinect for my Xbox and I haven't heard much about the move

XBL: PMS BlueJay
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (601 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Nov 24, 2010

I just picked up Move and have restarted playing the game.  Move makes an already great game even better.  It's way more immersive and this is the perfect game for motion controls.  Everything just makes sense in how you have to move and angle the controller.  As a Wii owner also, I have to say that other than maybe Red Steel 2 there is nothing on that console that compares from a interaction standpoint.  Heavy Rain with Move, from my experience so far, is the best motion controlled experience you can have.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (601 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Nov 24, 2010

Heavy Rain + Move is truly a experience that Wii owners will never have. Its hard to believe that the game was not designed with Move in mind.

Very enjoyable experience.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (601 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Nov 25, 2010
Heavy Rain was actually created with a motion-capture controller add-on in mind, but Sony decided to develop the Move instead.

http://www.maxconsole.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29751&d=128

Besser allein als in schlechter Gesellschaft.
(Better to be alone, than in bad company.)
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (601 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Nov 25, 2010

Heavy Rain with the Move & Nav controllers is fantastic!

It is also great with Resident Evil Gold Edition.

Was not convinced with MAG though, wasn't a good fit for me and went back to the DS3.

Socom 4 looks like it could be awesome with Move & Nav.

That is all i know so far.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (601 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2950 posts

Nov 26, 2010

StuffandThings wrote:
Heavy Rain was actually created with a motion-capture controller add-on in mind, but Sony decided to develop the Move instead.

http://www.maxconsole.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29751&d=128

I remember that! They actually designed a motion controller for the game, but since it would be a one time use, they preferred to can it.

Too expensive to make anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (601 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Nov 29, 2010

I'm glad I found this thread as I've been meaning to come here and see what others reactions are with the Move while playing Heavy Rain.

I'm making my first run through HR so I haven't yet played with just the DS3. I'm using the Move + Navigation controller. To be completely honest so far my experience has been somewhat frustrating. The motions for some of the moves in HR are awkward to perfrom quickly and accurately with the Move. I find this especially true in heavy action sequences where many different motions need to be performed quickly.

I'm planning on playing HR again using the DS3 and compare my experience. Thus far though I'm not impressed with Move. I can't say that I'm more immersed in the game as many of the motions don't really mimick the onscreen action.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (601 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 30, 2010

I just bought the move and Heavy Rain but I'm not seeing how the move is supposed to work. The move controller operates the PS3 just fine, but as soon as the game loads, I lose all controlling capabilities, except with a dualshock. I have other move games and they all work just fine, any ideas as to what I should do to enable the move's gameplay within heavy rain??

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (601 Views)
0 Likes