Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Re: Heavy Rain + Move, Move controller not working with the game

Sep 27, 2010

very weird. I only picked up the move + nav controller today and it works flawlessly... It only flips through the colors in the very beginning.(my controller doesn't even have to be seen by the camera). Once I hit the main menu, it's smooth sailing.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but I think customer support would have a hard time helping you fix it if not too many people experience the problem. Let's hope more people complain so they will actually take it seriously.

Message 11 of 18 (634 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 27, 2010

Yeah, not looking good, now Customer supports seems to think that I thought Move and Heavy Rain are a multiplayer experience, they have been NO help so far...

"We apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with not being able to use the Move controller with Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain does not have Multi-player Mode that Allows Sharing of a Single Motion Controller. Heavy Rain also does not Support Use of Two Motion Controllers. Yes, Heavy Rain does Support Use of the Navigation Controller. The link below proves the information we are giving you is correct.

Look for Heavy Rain title in this link below please:

Article Title: PlayStation®Move Game Titles"

Never did I tell them I wanted to play Heavy Rain with multiple Moves, or that I wanted Heavy Rain to be multiplayer.  Sony needs better customer support.!

Message 12 of 18 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Sep 27, 2010

Horizons,

I assume from the last post that you are still not able to get Heavy Rain to work.  Have you tried deleting all game content from the PS3 and starting a clean install?  I think I am going to try that tonight and post what happens tomorrow.  Wish me luck!!

Message 13 of 18 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Sep 28, 2010

Update!

I boot up Heavy Rain last night and all is working as it should.  Calibration successful, it registers my movements accurately and what a difference it makes.

I did nothing but turn on the game, select Move controls, calibrate and start the game.  It seem to have fixed itself.

Might want to try it again Horizons.

Message 14 of 18 (634 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 4, 2010

I've been so busy lately.  Thanks for the response.  I will try again tonite Adam, thanks!

Message 15 of 18 (634 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 31, 2010

Is it a problem with the Bluetooth port?  I had the same problem with another game on the Move demo disc, I can't remember which, and Move just wasn't responding.

I then tried to change the ports.  My bluray remote was sitting on Port 7, and Move was on Port 6.  I changed ports and the game worked fine.  Maybe your problem is the same

-
Gordon Shumway
Message 16 of 18 (634 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 9, 2011

This just happened to me. Been playing Heavy Rain with the Move controller for a week or so. Turned it on just now, controller ball went red and stayed red, no buttons recognized. The directional controller worked. Tried a few things with lighting and rebooting and such. No luck. Then I used the regular navigation controller to go to the main menu and lo, there was an option to switch to the Move controller. Bingo - blue light, all good. Hate when that happens. DJ Hero used to switch button sides on me on almost every track, drove me bonkers. Anyway, confirmation that red light means you need to switch to the motion controller.

Cheers

PatMan

Message 17 of 18 (634 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Any updates? I've recently bought the game and I have the same issue. It seems that the problem is recognition of the buttons but I'm not sure. What customer support email did you use by the way?

Message 18 of 18 (634 Views)
0 Likes