Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 24 2010
By: Horizons First Son 6 posts

Heavy Rain + Move, Move controller not working with the game

17 replies 1403 views Edited Sep 24, 2010

My Move controller works fine with Demos, and RE5.  But when I try playing Heavy Rain with Move, the Move light is always flashing through the colors, any screen that asks for the Move button to be pressed, once I press the Move button, nothing happens.  It's as if the games does NOT read the controller as being there, all I can do is press the PS button, nothing else works, please help.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
452 posts

Re: Heavy Rain + Move, Move controller not working with the game

Sep 24, 2010

Do you have the move navigation controller?  You need to sync both or sync wand and dual shock.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10807 posts

Sep 24, 2010

kboruss4play wrote:

Do you have the move navigation controller?  You need to sync both or sync wand and dual shock.

This is probably it, you need another controller other then the Move. 

@Jim777PS
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 24, 2010

Yes, I have a Nav controller, and I have also tried it with the Dualshock, but nothing.  I've 'reset' the Move by pushing that button below the barcode on the back.  It's really weird, as if the game does not know that the Move is there at all.  Everytime I try to calibrate the screen goes immediately to the 'Calibration Failed' Screen.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Sep 24, 2010

I am having the same exact problem.  The Move motion controller works flawlessly with Sports Champions.  Drop in Heavy Rain and it is the same scenario.  As I point the controller at the screen to calibrate per the instructions, I get maybe 3 changes of the light and then it goes red.  It stays that way for a while before coming back with calibration failed.  It suggests dimming the light, so I make it pitch black in the room and it still fails the calibration.  Go back to the lighting being used in Sports Champions and still a calibration fail.  I really want to play this game using Move technology, but it won't let me.

I also have a navigation controller paired at the same time, so that is not a problem.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 24, 2010

Well I wrote Customer Support and this was their reply, I hope it's ok for me to post it...

"We apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with not being able to use the Move controller with Heavy Rain.

As of right now, only the navigation controller is compatible with this game. The Move controller isn't yet compatible. It will become compatible in a future game update. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

The following Knowledge Center article contains game titles that are or will be compatible with Playstation®Move:

Article Title: PlayStation®Move Game Titles"

That message doesn't make much sense to me.  I thought the update to 2.0 WAS the Move update, and how can a game be ONLY compatible with the navigation controller?  Not very clear.  I'm even more confused by that response.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Sep 25, 2010

I'm having the same issue, but with Sports Champions right now.  It worked fine before 3.50.

Raptr Forum Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Sep 26, 2010

This is a serious problem.  Can't even turn off the controller until the console is off.  Sony please fix this soon.

Raptr Forum Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8086 posts

Sep 26, 2010

Seems to be a spotty glitch/issue.  Move works even more flawlessly for me in Heavy Rain than the DS3 alone does.  I don't have a Nav controller, so I'm using a DS3 for my left hand controller (which is a tad awkward, but I'm getting used to it).  As soon as HR updated, it worked flawlessly from the get go.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 26, 2010

It works for you, and seemingly for lots of other people, also.  But, what about us who can't get this to work?  Is this glitch going to be fixed?  I'm still waiting for a reply from Customer Support, besides the original nonsense reply they gave me the first time.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes