Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 04 2011
By: JLP- Monster Hunter 40 posts

Director's Cut - Wants me to pay $4.99 for The Taxidermist...

3 replies 2088 views Edited Dec 4, 2011

I previously platinumed Heavy Rain, and I now have the Director's Cut, but when I click on The Taxidermist, to play the DLC which is supposed to be included, it brings me to the PS Store where it's telling me to pay $4.99.

Is this because I already have Heavy Rain game data? Or my save? I have to delete my save data and lose all the endings, etc. for the DLC to download for free?

Why isn't it on the disk period with no link to the PS Store? Also, why isn't this available in Black Label? Why is the best version in some cruddy red Greatest Hits label?

Main question being how do I get this DLC for free, since it's supposed to be included? Is it possible without deleting my game save (deleting the endings, etc.)?

Message 1 of 4 (2,088 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Re: Director's Cut - Wants me to pay $4.99 for The Taxidermist...

Dec 4, 2011

OK, follow-up...

I deleted the GAME DATA (not my save data), and that worked.

Anyone else having this issue. Delete any Heavy Rain GAME DATA (don't delete your save data). Then re-enter the game, which will then re-install the game data, and the DLC will work for free, without sending you to the PS Store to pay $4.99 (or whatever the current price is as you're reading this).

Message 2 of 4 (2,088 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Dec 8, 2011

Going by the way you've encountered this problem, it sounds simple enough. It would be easier to fit the DLC onto the disc, though from what I understand (or how I'd imagine it) all DLC is made available on the PlayStation Network so that the developer isn't going through the hoop themselves to have to include it on both the disc and on the network for everyone out there.

Through the Game of the Year Edition of Borderlands, I think I remember downloading each of the map packs after having installed the game data. When it came to The Taxidermist file (on the original Heavy Rain) that was another time when I had to head to the store to get it free (which at the time came with pre-ordering the game). It seems as if the game only recognizes the data as free when it's setup in the way it came rather than the way you've prepared for it.

Message 3 of 4 (2,088 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 16, 2012

where do you click Taxidermist ??

Message 4 of 4 (2,088 Views)
0 Likes