Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 26 2010
By: Juztinb42 Wastelander 909 posts

Can someone give me a spoiler-free summary of the gameplay video?

2 replies 20 views Edited Jan 26, 2010
I'd really like to know if Heavy Rain is just one long quicktime event or if it is truly innovative.  Please, no spoilers.
Okay, let's go buy a pulhoon.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
909 posts

Re: Can someone give me a spoiler-free summary of the gameplay video?

Jan 26, 2010

RandomGuard wrote:

There's three different  game styles I've seen so far.

One is quick time events, these aren't like the quicktime events in say, Spider-Man 3 or Indigo Prophecy. You have plenty of options to choose from and they could all take your story in different directions.

The next is just straight up walking around and looking at things/interacting with them. Pretty much a normal detective game.

The third is like a menu sort of point and click style where you have to go through all your evidence and sort through all the things you've found. It doesn't sound very great, but it's suppose to look AMAZING.

And if you count this as a different play style, there's times where you'll have to do quicktime events while also talking with people. The talking looks kind of like Mass effect. An example would be Detective Shelby. You have to hold R1 and L1 while talking with a robber, if you let go there's a good chance you'll get shot.

Message Edited by RandomGuard on 01-25-2010 06:05 PM
Message Edited by RandomGuard on 01-25-2010 06:08 PM

Sounds interesting, thanks alot for the info.  I'm going to have to keep my eye on this one.
Okay, let's go buy a pulhoon.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Re: Can someone give me a spoiler-free summary of the gameplay video?

Jan 26, 2010

There's three different  game styles I've seen so far.

One is quick time events, these aren't all like the quicktime events in say, Spider-Man 3 or Indigo Prophecy. You have plenty of options to choose from and they could all take your story in different directions. Though sometimes there will probably be a straight forward normal QTE. I can't go into more deail without spoiling something for you so I'll keep it at that.

The next is just straight up walking around and looking at things/interacting with them. Pretty much a normal detective game.

The third is like a menu sort of point and click style where you have to go through all your evidence and sort through all the things you've found. It doesn't sound very great, but it's suppose to look AMAZING.

And if you count this as a different play style, there's times where you'll have to do quicktime events while also talking with people. The talking looks kind of like Mass effect. An example would be Detective Shelby. You have to hold R1 and L1 while talking with a robber, if you let go there's a good chance you'll get shot.

Message Edited by RandomGuard on 01-25-2010 06:30 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (20 Views)