Dec 12 2016
By: thatoneguy1747 First Son 11 posts

whats your wish weapon?

13 replies 1009 views Edited Dec 12, 2016

everyones had one at some point in time, a weapon they wish they could use but just dont have the skills for. some people learn to use their wish weapons, other people find weapons that are easier but simmilar to use. my wish weapon is the arc thrower, i like the idea of it, but i just cant stand still and charge it long enough to use the gun Smiley Tongue

splat
Message 1 of 14 (1,009 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Re: whats your wish weapon?

Dec 12, 2016

I like this question. For me, it would be driving the APC and the HAV. I'm really bad at maneuvering these large vehicles around obstacles. Last time I parked one, it got crushed by the Geological Survey. Vehicle gone, and so was the mission star. It was like a magic trick!

Message 2 of 14 (993 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Dec 12, 2016

XD just like poof faliure lol. im pretty bad with the apc and hav too

splat
Message 3 of 14 (985 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Dec 13, 2016

Same here, vehicles for me. Never learned how to drive them.

When someone calls down a HAV, I'll rush straight for one of the sides.

For weapons, it'll be the flame weapons for me. Bad against scouts, I just can't see their effectiveness.

Message 4 of 14 (946 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Dec 13, 2016
I'm also useless at driving! Straight to the side door or turret for me too!!!
Message 5 of 14 (940 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 13, 2016

glad im not the only one who cant drive XD

splat
Message 6 of 14 (924 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 4, 2017

Any thing goes, I have used all the perks weapons and stratagems and wish for something new. wish the arc weapons would get a slight faster charge/damage buff though. but I do wish for new stuff. like I can probably think of a few:

cryo aistrike, where it freezes target enemy and makes them much easier to break.

laser mech, where its like obsidian but with just one or 2 of those LAS-98 Laser Cannon

freeze grenade perk. like stun but freeze and easier break.

a gun/ or a stratagem gun that shoots a penetrating bullet with timed explosive into a target.

acidic slug field, like the static field conductors, but with slug that slows movement and does poison damage

destructable Wall drop. like how the anti personnel barrier works but inplace of a wall that you have to break to cross. cant shoot over either unless its like the obliterator or rumbler.

theres just so much possibilities and I wish helldiver gave more.

Message 7 of 14 (768 Views)
Fender Bender
3368 posts

Jan 5, 2017

@KS-017  Really like your suggestions. Particularly, the Acidic Sludge Field and the Destructible Wall ideas.

Helldivers for Democracy Community on Steam & PlayStation 4

YouTube Channel: cusman
Message 8 of 14 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Jan 5, 2017

Weapons-wise, I've struggled with:

-M25 Rumbler -- I see more players using this more often but with me I either blow myself up or I blow other Helldivers up. Just gauging the aiming distance has eluded me.

MLS-4X Commando -- I used to bring this missile launcher now and then but more often than not the missiles don't go where I think I'm aiming, Helldivers get blown up, people yell. I haven't equipped it in months.

Some day when I'm fully burned out on Helldivers, I may just spend time bumbling around with everything I don't feel comfortable using.

As far as vehicles go, I find them slightly easier to steer via kb/mouse on PC at least versus my attempts on PS Vita last year. Smiley Happy

As far as new weapons, i would've liked some laser "blast" weapons more akin to Star Wars type weapons (laser projectiles instead of continous beams).

I've suggested borrowing a couple weapons concepts from Alien Swarm, and even from Tom Clancy's The Division, which has a "deliver black box" mission objective that always make me yell "Helldivers ripoff!" when I see it. Smiley Happy Like a ranged proximity bomb you can fire, or a temporary healing aura device you can drop on the ground in tough situations.

I assume this is all a moot point cause we won't likely get anything more, though I'd love to be wrong. We do have a whole multi-page thread at Steam forum of endless suggestions for Helldivers.

Message 9 of 14 (723 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Jan 6, 2017

I've always wanted a Displacement Grenade Perk which when it hits a helldiver would teleport him/her a fixed length in the direction from which the grenade was thrown but with the state of the teleported person unchanged, e.g. if they were downed, they remain downed).

You could save your teammates or provide yourself with a quick means of escape.

Message 10 of 14 (720 Views)