Mar 04 2015
By: Wingfrog Arrowhead Game Studios 93 posts

SUPPORT – Post your issues here!

[ Edited ]
2361 replies 56211 views Edited Jan 20, 2017

Hi everyone,

Thanks for playing and sending all the wonderful feedback about Helldivers!

If you encounter any problems or issues with Helldivers, please post them in this thread and we'll investigate and work on helping you. Please be as specific as possible about your problem, for example:

• What were you doing when it occurred? A step by step is lovely!
  • What platform/console were you using? Have you moved from one to another?
  • Were you playing online or local? Alone or with other players?
  • What region are you in? What NAT type are you?
  • Any other info relevant for your case?

If you have a general question about the game (not a bug) please go fo the HELLDIVERS Q&A.

Thank you so much for your patience! We're a small team and not all fixes are one day jobs unfortunately.

I'm having connection issues since 5.0 patch

We have looked into the reported PlayStation connection issues which players have been experiencing. It is definitely unfortunate that these problems coincided with the 5.0 patch, but after looking into the issue - as well as having external QA testing - it’s clear that the issue is not within the game itself.

We have seen suggestions on the forums that it was the “PS Pro optimization” which has affected connections. This is not correct. The PS4 Pro changes added Checkerboard rendering and higher resolution support for the game. While we also did some updates to adapt to the newest Playstation™ SDK, none of those are capable of causing the issues we are seeing. 

We are continuing investigations with Sony into these issues and doing all we can to improve the situation. We are passing on any additional information we can find to them.

Is it the Helldivers server?

From our end our servers have been running fine. We know this because our diagnostic tools show us details about any down time. Furthermore, PSN players also share the same servers as the PC players and we have seen that PC players do not have the disconnect problems which the PSN players experience.

Helldivers relies heavily on many of PSN's matchmaking and multiplayer services. Helldivers also uses P2P (there are no dedicated servers), meaning players connect directly to each other over PSN. Our own servers don’t handle anything regarding player to player connections.

But I’m not having problems with other games!

We sometimes see the question “I'm only having problems with Helldivers right now. Why aren’t my other games affected?”. Connections between players and over PSN are more complex than people imagine and it can have varied effects for different people. Some players in some regions might face the risk of disconnecting while others don’t. Some games might be affected while others are not at all.

Some parts of PSN services would be handled by certain areas and servers, and other parts by completely different ones. That’s why you for example could have online playing problems in one game, while the Store is still working fine (or other similar contradictory scenarios).

All games don’t use all of the available PSN services, and might even use them in different ways too. Helldivers is one game which relies heavily on many of the PSN services, but these problems could have very varied effects on different games even if all of them are online or multiplayer.

Details about some disconnect scenarios:

• If you disconnect in the middle of a session and return to the main menu, it usually means that you have lost connection to PSN for a certain amount of time. This usually reconnects within a very short time.
  • Host Migrating means that the hosting player has disconnected and the host position is being moved to the next player.
  • If you get kicked from the middle of a mission with a message about being kicked, it usually means that another player has kicked you.

What is Arrowhead doing about it?

We are continuing investigations with Sony into these issues, and doing all we can to improve the situation. We are keeping a very open dialogue and passing on any additional information we can find to them.

What can I do?

Reporting any details about the nature of your problem here helps. What region are you in? What days of the week and times of day are you experiencing the most problems? When exactly do you disconnect and what happens?

Trying to avoid rooms with just a single slot open (3/4) has sometimes given a slightly higher success rate. You may also hide games from other regions to see if you get a better direct connection to other players.

Make sure your internet connection is stable and that your connection to PSN is otherwise smooth. Check your firewall and ports. Your firewall may be blocking Helldivers from connecting to the Campaign backend. Make sure that any firewall in use is allowing Helldivers to perform outbound connections on port 443. You might also have to make sure that the firewall is not rejecting self-signed SSL certificates, as this is what the Campaign backend uses.

I have lost my Commends

The Commends and Reports you have received are currently halved every week, between Wednesday and Thursday. At the same time you receive new ones to give out.

This is to make sure that people with a lot of Commends can't suddenly behave ill towards others with virtually no repercussions, and that people who behaved badly should not be judged forever but have a chance to change their ways.

I unlocked a new weapon but I can’t find it

It is not immediately apparent, but the weapons are sorted by class. You can see other weapons in the same class by scrolling to the right when selecting primary weapon.

What we are doing about it: Informing you that this is the case Smiley Happy

What you can do: Select the weapon you want and rock and roll!

I can't auto fire my weapon

This can occur if you have had your controller some time and it might be getting a little worn and less sensitive. Helldivers has a very sensitive scale for shooting your automatic weapons to allow you precise controls if you want to shoot single shots or full auto.

What we are doing about it: With a patch we added Veteran Controller mode in the menu.

What you can do: Try activating Veteran Controller in the menu if your controller is a little old. Write to us if it shouldn't help.

I got kicked or a player is behaving badly

What we are doing about it: We know there are the rare jerks out there, and we implemented a reputation system for that exact reason. Unfortunately jerks are very creative and it is hard to enter the mind of the jerk when you are a nice person. Kicking is no longer allowed if one player has entered the shuttle during extraction. We are continuing to look at what’s being abused, and discussing options on what could be done about it, but we are being very careful not to cause more grief than what we are solving.

What you can do: Be nice, Commend each other! No seriously, every Commend counteracts a Report, if people are awesome to play with, make sure to Commend them before you leave. Also use Report for anyone who is griefing, it makes sure people with a good standing (have gotten Commends) are not matched with them in games.
You can also report a player to PlayStation by visiting their profile and using PlayStation's own system. That should make sure a representative looks into the case.

How do I change the game’s language?

There is no in-game option to do this. Instead you will need to change your console's default language.

Malin - Arrowhead

http://arrowheadgamestudios.com/
Message 6 of 2,362 (56,211 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Can't Connect to Friends

Mar 4, 2015
so I think this might be the same issue that Destiny had at launch with enterprise networks. My friend cannot connect to me or any online game at all. He can play other multiplayer games just fine but Helldivers is not working for him. I just wanted to get this on record for the devs to see so they can look into fixing some of the network issues that are going on. I understand it's launch day and things are happening but please don't let this go unnoticed.
Message 1 of 2,362 (42,952 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Re: Can't Connect to Friends

Mar 4, 2015

My brother and I are both having the same issue. We'd very much like for this to be fixed.

Message 2 of 2,362 (42,931 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[PSVITA] Cannot Join Friends

Mar 4, 2015
Hello, I own a ps vita and many of my buddies are having a ton of issues when trying to play together. See, the problem is, whenever someone starts up the game, there name for whatever reason won't show up, making it nearly impossible to play with friends at all

Currently this issue is plaguing all ps vita as 0 people have been able to play other friends. Other than that, cross platform has been working perfectly, I just would like to be able to play with my friends with having to join a public match and waiting for the host to leave
Message 3 of 2,362 (42,472 Views)
First Son
18 posts

[PS4] Influence not saving when off host

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2015

So I played the first planet solo, then joined multiplayer matches and played for 2.5 hours. My armory stats are correct but my leaderboards stats only show me as clearing one planet, playing for 15 minutes, and having little-to-no influence. What's the point of having leaderboards when only the host gets credit? Note that 1.5 hours of my playing time was with a friend as host and he was on a PS4 as well. Please fix this issue since it was noted in the reviews and not fixed in the first update.

Message 4 of 2,362 (42,483 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: Can't Connect to Friends

Mar 4, 2015

Same here.  I can't connect to friends or strangers in Helldivers.  Everytime I get a host migrating message, then get kicked back out to the main screen saying the connection has been lost.  If it takes as long to fix as Battlefield 4, then I want my money back (which probably won't happen).

Message 5 of 2,362 (42,862 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Re: HELLDIVERS Support – Post your issues here!

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2015

Hi!

I'm having an issue where only my offline friends appear in the multiplayer tab. I'm playing on PS4. It may also help to know that I bought the game on the US store and am playing on my EU main account. One last thing to note is that I have 429 friends.

I see other people have reported the same issue.

Message 7 of 2,362 (56,168 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Mar 4, 2015
I have been haveing issues where my buddy's on vita and ps3 are not showing up for me to join there games. I am using the ps4. They also cant join my game. My ps3 buddy says it shows me offline.
Message 8 of 2,362 (56,186 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 4, 2015
I am having two problems.
One is playing with people on different regions. I am in NA and my friends are in UK. Originally the game was saying we had a version mismatch I had version 1.01 and they had version 1.00. That has been fixed and they now have version 1.01.
Now it is taking 5 - 7 minutes for the in game friend list to update to what we are actually doing. It says that we are on missions while we are on the bridge or is saying we aren't joinable when we are completely open to the public. When it finally does update it tries to join then says "Teleport boot failed" and "Returning to ship". My friend managed to join me once, but has been unable since then.
The second issue is with cross platform play. It's the same problem as IceMan9941. I was on vita and couldn't see or join anyone on PS3 or PS4.

It is a great game I just want to play with my friends. Thanks for any help.
Message 9 of 2,362 (56,166 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 4, 2015

Hey guys, first off I enjoy the game!!

My issue has happened twice, at the end of a match the aplication will close and I get an error screen. I havent seen anyone else having this problem so I dont know what to do. But I deleted it and redownloaded it while I was sleeping so hopefully that helps.

Message 10 of 2,362 (55,829 Views)