Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Re: Ps4 pro supersampling performance issues

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2017

cusman wrote:

Thanks for that reference link  @wilier

So I don't really understand what the issue is with Helldivers on PS4 Pro because it is still 60fps and using checker-boarding technique to make to produce 4k resolution screen. Is the issue mainly with using Helldivers on PS4 Pro when not using a 4k UHDTV?

I am still on a launch PS4 so this doesn't affect me yet, but I do plan to get a 4K UHDTV with HDR (hopefully an OLED) and at that time I will be looking to upgrade the PS4 to the Scorpio equivalent.

Sadly it is not. I got a ps4 pro and 4K UHDTV television and still have that muddied look for helldivers. I was greatly disappointed and still am as Helldivers is an excellent game. Now its just really annoying and I havent played Helldivers since

Helldivers was the first game I tried after getting my new PS4 pro and 4K UHDTV.  ITs the only one out of all the ps4 pro capatable games I have that seem to of gotten worse. I searched for weeks for some kind of solution but havent found anything that I could do on my end. If anyone comes up with something please let me know

This might even be a completely different issue but I will upload a video shortly showing you what I mean

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS7AIZKXt8U

Here is the video, the studdering when sprinting is much worse on ps4 pro on my 4k television then my normal ps4. 

Message 21 of 27 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3368 posts

Feb 21, 2017

KarlWeatherz wrote:

This might even be a completely different issue but I will upload a video shortly showing you what I mean

That would help me understand

Helldivers for Democracy Community on Steam & PlayStation 4

YouTube Channel: cusman
Message 22 of 27 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3368 posts

last month

Has the option to turn Boost Mode on / off in PS4 Firmware Update 4.5 helped your issue with Helldivers on PS4 Pro?

Helldivers for Democracy Community on Steam & PlayStation 4

YouTube Channel: cusman
Message 23 of 27 (368 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

last month
So I've tried Helldivers on PS4 Pro and overall it's an excellent experience paired with a 4K tv. Resolution is noticeably sharper.

Only had one isolated weird incident in which multiple rectangular black boxes appeared overlayed on top of the Super Earth Victory screen (where the ship fleet is parked outside Super Earth).

Otherwise it's been a great experience.
Message 24 of 27 (256 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

last month

wilier wrote:

Only had one isolated weird incident in which multiple rectangular black boxes appeared overlayed on top of the Super Earth Victory screen (where the ship fleet is parked outside Super Earth).

I have the same thing on the PS4 Pro. Also on the loading screen while entering the mission the player names on other ships are displayed with such a small font that they are a bit hard to read. Other than those it's perfect and those two minor things don't affect the gameplay at all.

Message 25 of 27 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

last month
@Mikasa2
Not sure if the PS4 Pro small font is an issue only on 1080p screens. On a 4K screen the resolution makes it easy to read the font.
Message 26 of 27 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

last month
@ForeverAPeon @Wingfrog

the image below shows black boxes appearing only in this shuttle screen. Happened twice in the last two wars.
please pass onto your developers to see if there is an easy fix.
wilier wrote:
So I've tried Helldivers on PS4 Pro and overall it's an excellent experience paired with a 4K tv. Resolution is noticeably sharper.

Otherwise it's been a great experience.

IMG_8930.JPG

Message 27 of 27 (220 Views)
0 Likes