Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Re: Patch 5.0 Connection Issues

Jan 28, 2017

The problem seems to be fixed (for me).

I played the whole day yesterday and didn't get a single Timeout issue, and connecting to other peoples' games was fast.

Well done, Arrowhead team, whatever you did, it worked!

Now time to go spread democracy!!!!!!!

Message 21 of 31 (591 Views)
Fender Bender
3368 posts

Jan 28, 2017

For first time in a long while (since around Liberty Day) I was able to use the friend list on the PS4 to join on a friend. It came up quick, showed status of their game correctly, and let me join without running into issues.

The square button on PS4 to get updated status which is needed to join a PS3 or PS-Vita friend I know is online is still broken, but aside that things are back to the way they used to be. Maybe even better.

@ForeverAPeon  /  @Wingfrog

Please extend thanks to full Helldivers team at Arrowhead and whomever you know at PSN side that helped to resolve the issues. I hope this is a lasting fix

PS - I'll make a point to test how things are working from my PS-Vita. The Square button worked there, but wouldn't pull up updated status. I'll report back if issues gone or still there sometime tomorrow.

Helldivers for Democracy Community on Steam & PlayStation 4

YouTube Channel: cusman
Message 22 of 31 (583 Views)
Arrowhead Game Studios
466 posts

Jan 30, 2017

Good news to come back to on a Monday morning! I'm not exactly sure what has changed (I assume it was the PSN maintenance?), but I'll see if I can get any details about it Smiley Happy Fingers crossed!

Message 23 of 31 (531 Views)
Arrowhead Game Studios
466 posts

Feb 1, 2017

Following up on this thread - are your connections still working well? Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 31 (470 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Feb 1, 2017

ForeverAPeon wrote:

Following up on this thread - are your connections still working well? Smiley Happy

Connections have been close to flawless based on personal experience and feedback from the reddit forum.

It's back to the same level of stability before the PSN patch that coincided with Liberty Day 2016.

Please note that the PS4 "Request Friend Info" seems to be disabled still.

Message 25 of 31 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3368 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2017

Everything is being rock solid good on PS4 so far, except the square button to refresh status to be able to join on PS3 / PS-Vita friend is still disabled. I haven't tried on the PS-Vita yet... I need to do that still.

Message 26 of 31 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Feb 2, 2017

Working perfectly, thank you!

Message 27 of 31 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3368 posts

Feb 2, 2017

Following are the Vita testing results

Vita to PS4 works

My wife account on Vita was able to join my account on PS4. I initially appear offline (even when I am online), but pressing the square button fixes it almost instantly and then her account is able to join.

Vita to Vita does not work

My wife account on Vita is able to see my name in her list, but even pressing square it never gets updated status correctly so she is not able to join on my account.

Vita-to-Vita

Note: I am not able to try this in reverse because my wife account is xplicitrock and I think the friend list on Vita only shows first x-number of friends (not sure how ordered) but she isn't on the list for me to try and join. I have 250+ PSN friends, and she has more like 25 or so which might be a factor.

PS4 to Vita does not work

The square button to Request Friend Info is disabled on the PS4, so even if my wife account on PS4 is able to see my username while I am online on Vita, she is not able to update status to be able to initiate join.

The Vita is getting the public list as quickly as the PS4 and being just as successful at joining those (meaning working well now, while before it was less reliable).

Message 28 of 31 (420 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 6, 2017
Problem persists, I am unable to join the other players, game room, and the game will sometimes crash for no reason. I was in China, equipment is PS4, the server account is the account in Hong Kong.
Message 29 of 31 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Arrowhead Game Studios
466 posts

Feb 6, 2017

Have you looked into your firewall/port and SSL settings? 

Message 30 of 31 (335 Views)
0 Likes