First Son
2 posts

Re: Recent connection issues (since 5.0) - official thread

Dec 28, 2016

Dear Arrowhead Team,

althought i'm convinced that you're doing all what is possible to eliminate the connection interrupts, I do not understand one thing in your argumentation. How can the massive connection issues be independent of Patch 5.0, if they were introduced exactly with this patch ? There was no sony PSN or OS Updates inbetween. And I can absolutely imagine that something inside Patch 5.x is the reason for the connectivity issues, since you provided the information that you've implemented some new libs from the PS SDK etc. 

Let me tell you that these connection issues are very much frustrating. Sometimes it takes up to 15 minutes to find a game, which zeroes almost the fun of the game Imagine, most of the people (including me) are starting the game already frustrated. This ends up, that I do not play it that much anymore.

It might be viable to think about a roll back to the latest stable 4.6 ? Since you are not able to reproduce the same behavior in your test system, you also can't argument that this will not help. 

I mean, where is the benefit of providing a PS PRO version with a higher resoltuion ( which is a feature and provides utility to a limited group), if the game is not playable at all (which erases the "warranty" for all players) ? It is like releasing a new smartphone with stunning features, but only 5 minutes of battery lifetime. No one will be satisfied about and becomes frustrated, which again leads to a bad reputation about the product/company.

Please think about my argumentation and let us, the community know, what are your next steps to eliminate the massive online problems. 

Message 11 of 31 (936 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jan 2, 2017
😭😥😭😥
Message 12 of 31 (844 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 6, 2017

It's been a while since I played HELLDIVERS, and it still had connection issues. It took forever to try to connect, and then... It fails. I got bored and decided to play HELLDIVERS. I was amazed by the amount of players online, since it's never been that big. So I tried to connect to a player's match, and then "Teleport Boot Failed". I thought "That's ok, they probably live in another region. Then I filter it to only my region, and it still has connection issues. I tried several times. Still the same result. I attempted to use an Ethernet Cable, but it still has issues. I know I can just play solo, but it's not as fun, since it's meant to be a cooperative game. I loved to, and will still love to play HELLDIVERS. I hope you (or Sony) can fix it soon.

Best to you,

-A HELLDIVER

Message 13 of 31 (774 Views)
0 Likes
Arrowhead Game Studios
466 posts

Jan 9, 2017

@eDic1us There was some sort of PlayStation or PSN update. I can't remember what it was exactly, but it was carried out on the same day as the Liberty Day patch Smiley Happy 

(http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/725297/PSN-down-PlayStation-Network-offline-PS4-mainte...)

Message 14 of 31 (733 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3368 posts

Jan 9, 2017

ForeverAPeon wrote:

@eDic1us There was some sort of PlayStation or PSN update. I can't remember what it was exactly, but it was carried out on the same day as the Liberty Day patch Smiley Happy 

(http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/725297/PSN-down-PlayStation-Network-offline-PS4-mainte...)

There was a big PSN update the same morning. They added new Privacy options like the option to see what games you have and who is allowed to see them and changes to tagging options. So to me it makes sense that the Helldivers match making and friend list in particular which runs on PSN services got disrupted.

I do have a little bit of apprehension that nearly 3 months later those issues haven't yet been figured out and fixed. I hope the good people at Arrowhead are still working with the PSN people to fix whatever it is that needs to be fixed.

Helldivers for Democracy Community on Steam & PlayStation 4

YouTube Channel: cusman
Message 15 of 31 (716 Views)
0 Likes
Arrowhead Game Studios
466 posts

Jan 11, 2017

We are! We just had a big meeting now to see how we can push the matter further (and faster).

Message 16 of 31 (659 Views)
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Jan 11, 2017

Message 17 of 31 (637 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
311 posts

Re: Patch 5.0 Connection Issues

Jan 24, 2017

PSN has maintenence scheduled for next Tuesday (31st Jan).

Let's hope this has a positive impact on the connection issues.Smiley Frustrated

PS4 Community - Top Down Twin Sticks
Message 18 of 31 (455 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jan 24, 2017
Ya fingers crossed, this game is broken far too long now with no attempts to fix
Message 19 of 31 (445 Views)
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Jan 28, 2017
@Wingfrog @ForeverAPeon

There is a HUGE connection improvement on PS4 after the psn maintenance. Public games and friend list updates quickly (although not sure if the list is comprehensive) and you can join games without problem. Haven't been kicked to the title screen at all.
The PS4 Request Friend Info (square button) still seems to be disabled though.
Overall this a massive improvement!
Message 20 of 31 (378 Views)