May 08 2017
By: michaeljedi First Son 17 posts

Helldivers balancing, issues, and requests.

4 replies 202 views Edited 2 weeks ago
Okay so I can't help but notice that I get sniped by the Illuminates even when I don't see a laser beam. It glitches sometimes and it's always a instant death. This is extremely frustrating, especially when you are solo because you get hounded by enemies and only get so little amount of lives / re tries. Another problem, when you walk in water and get slown down, sometimes you still act like you are in water when you aren't. This is really annoying and needs fixed, but not as bad as the Illuminate problem. By Illuminate sniper, I mean the guys that use that laser charge ability.
Every time I sit down to play Helldivers solo, I get SWARMED so bad, that I can't do anything. I have to spend 2 - 5 minutes just shooting enemies, and they keep sounding the alarm, making it virtually impossible to stop them from pouring in. So doing objectives in solo is so much more difficult than doing objectives in multiplayer. Even during multiplayer that's an issue. But not like solo. Solo it's literally almost impossible to do anything once the alarm gets sounded. Is there anyway to increase the amount of time you get to play before more enemies show up? Please, make it so you get longer breaks so you at least get the chance to do objectives. Next up, Geological Survays. (Sorry for my bad spelling.) Geological Survays don't have enough health! It takes a team of 4 to guard them and succeed. Please buff their health. Another problem that's even worse, is an enemy tank or group of enemies spawn right next to it / under and they get pushed out so they basically spawn beside it too. Resulting in an automatic failure. This is also with the "Defend Launch Pad" mission. Same problems with that, but it doesn't really need a health buff, though it would be nice for the harder missions. Another lack of balancement is the Retalatory Strikes. They are so difficult to do solo. I don't think 2 lives, plus a third if you make the kill limit, is good enough. Either give you more lives, maybe an automatic Stratagem cool down bonus, extra uses of limited Stratagems, decrease the chances of tanks spawning, spawn power ups, increase the map size, something to balance them out more please. I already mentioned this, but I'm really wanting a full on offline mode with Helldivers so I can always fight all races, do city defend events, and do homeworld assaults. I am in a situation where I can't really play Helldivers online but from time to time, so I literally don't get to fight all races whenever I want. If you can't add that, at least make it so if you do play it offline, that you get a free play mode so you can do whatever you want, when you want. For example, have constant access to all 3 races reguardless of your status in the Galactic Campaign, do city planets, and do homeworlds. All while being able to do regular planets. Come to think of it, this sounds better than an offline mode, lol.
I forgot to mention along with the Illuminate talk, maybe make it so the Illuminate snipers either can't 1 shot you, or just don't spawn much period. Also, I still really hope to see the PS Vita version get a performance update. It needs it.
This is all I have to say. I care about this game, and these issues bother me to the point of sometimes not wanting to play it. I don't know if you guys are all done with Helldivers, but please consider this stuff.
Message 1 of 5 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Helldivers balancing, issues, and requests.

2 weeks ago
If anyone has any requests you'd like to see, please voice it here. By the way, I think Oblisks get too much health, and spawn too frequently.
Message 2 of 5 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

2 weeks ago

There are situations where something might block the illuminate sniper beam from getting to you even though the actual shot will still go through that object and hit you. I haven't really had issues that the beam is simply not visible without anything blocking it.

Most of your other issues seems to be that you are playing on a difficulty too high. The game is supposed to be challenging, and if it feels too hard, you can simply choose a lower difficulty.

Doing all the missions solo is definitely not impossible. I've done all the normal missions, retaliatory strikes and masters solo many times on the highest difficulty, and there are tons of videos of other people doing them too.

If anything, I would like to see a constant alarm state introduced where alarms go off at set intervals no matter if scouts see you or not. Additionally if scouts see you, they would also sound an alarm, resulting in even more enemies dropping near you. This could be done for example on homeworld attacks where the enemy obviously know you are there and are therefore at a constant alarm state.

Message 3 of 5 (177 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

2 weeks ago

Mikasa2 wrote:

If anything, I would like to see a constant alarm state introduced where alarms go off at set intervals no matter if scouts see you or not. Additionally if scouts see you, they would also sound an alarm, resulting in even more enemies dropping near you. This could be done for example on homeworld attacks where the enemy obviously know you are there and are therefore at a constant alarm state.

This is something I really hope that could happen and it shouldn't be that hard to implement in the game. It would differentiate the home planets from the regular ones and give some more challenge towards the end of the campaign.

Message 4 of 5 (151 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
58 posts

2 weeks ago
Having hit admiralty quite some time back I got a wee bit board of the game even with the liber-coffee, so I restarted as a new player and it brought a great deal of much needed freshness to the game(highly recommend). Unfortunately I lost all my dlc weapons with this new character and a great deal of respect from randoms when I drop in even to the point of being kicked as being the lowest ranking player it's automatically assumed you shot the host which is not the case. Anyhow I purpose an option for admirals where you can restart from lvl 1but keep a chevron over your rank so that other players can recognise that your not a noob and that this is your second run, or possibly third run with two chevrons. I believe this would enable you to keep all your dlc weapons and increase the life of the game even more without having the need to create a new personae, just a thought🤔. New personae is wonder_man79 should ya see me rocking feel free to come a knocking!
Message 5 of 5 (97 Views)
0 Likes