First Son
1 posts

Re: Helldivers Q&A - continually updated!

Mar 13, 2015
Hi when I try to connect to my friend it say version mismatch?
Message 61 of 192 (4,093 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Request for 2nd player progress saving ps3

Mar 13, 2015

This is another request to improve the broken local co-op on the ps3.

As it is now the local co-op is a complete joke with only the first player being able to upgrade stuff.

This is the first local co-op game on the ps3 I encounter where it is impossible for the 2nd player to save the progress.

And since you advertise the game with having local co-op, but fail to mention that only a GUEST account is possible on the ps3 , this is a really frustrating experience and feels like a ripp off and making me consider wanting a refund.

At least give the players some information if you plan on adding this feature with a patch in the future as it seems to concern a lot of ps3 players.

Message 62 of 192 (4,070 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 14, 2015
Has anyone else experienced problems with share play on ps4? Tried to play with a friend so I could get him hooked on the game like I am, but it said he wasn't signed in, even though he was, and when he tried to sign in it said he wasn't allowed to. We're both PS+.
Message 63 of 192 (4,038 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Mar 14, 2015

Noticed a small graphic issue with the flame cyborgs where you can see the fire from their weapons but they are long dead and the fire does no damage. It' doesn't seem to hurt anyone but it can be distracting sometimes.

Message 64 of 192 (4,030 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 14, 2015

ok i see that we cant use vita ad hoc but will there be an update to let the game use vita ad hoc?

Message 65 of 192 (4,030 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2015

So what exactly is best practice for cross-save play?

ie am i meant to:

- play on PS4

- finish session, watch in-game save icon finish

- go to PDM -> Settings -> Application Data -> upload to cloud

- turn off PS4

- turn on Vita

- start Helldivers

- save syncs automatically

- play on Vita

- ???

- profit?

How does the save go back to the PS4?  Do i actually need to force the save upload?

edit:  and if one's save does become corrupted, can you restore it from a USB save?

Message 66 of 192 (4,004 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 15, 2015

How about adding users to the recently met or adding someone to friends list in game?  It is very hard to  add someone to friends with really long user names thought this would be a good add either way.  i just thought it is weird that people dont show up on recently met on my ps4 when playing.

Message 67 of 192 (3,938 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 16, 2015

Great game guys firstly. Took me an hour to get into it properly to appreciate things and I expect more surprised to come. I've got the issue with the DLC and the blue lock, I only have one account so its not an issue with the main account or subaccount. I'm playing with the account I bought the game on. One the arrowhead page it says this;

Early recruits will receive special HELLDIVERS Ranger training. For a short period of time you have the chance to grab the HELLDIVERS Limited Edition Bundle which will include the Ranger Pack add-on at no added cost. Specially trained in scouting and assassination of high value targets, these Rangers are the first to drop into the unknown. It comes with the Ranger Uniform, a LHO-63 ‘Camper’ rifle, and a ’Humblebee’ Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Stratagem.

Does this only apply US and EU or is Australia (AU) included? I'd like to use these bonuses. Let me know thanks.

Steven

Message 68 of 192 (3,929 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 16, 2015

Stinja wrote:

So what exactly is best practice for cross-save play?

Like Destiny or other cross-playform auto saves: all stats are saved on the game server. Just make sure you're signed into PSN and it'll be everywhere. 

As for offline play, I'm not sure what to tell you. I find Helldivers nearly impossible to play solo on Vita, so not sure how much I'd suggest doing it. (I might be horrible at the game, but it takes me an hour and a half to finish a level 4 planet on Vita).

Is anyone from the company actually reading this thread?  Do our posts even matter anymore?

Message 69 of 192 (3,917 Views)
0 Likes
Arrowhead Game Studios
466 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2015

@mountain_jeep We are reading and noting people's posts. We try to reply when we can but sometimes our posts get buried Smiley Happy

It's hard to reply to every single post, which is why we have stickies to try and answer as many people as possible. But also support questions are being asked here which are answered in our support thread, so we try to direct people to the appropriate thread to find answers.

Message 70 of 192 (3,867 Views)