Mar 13 2017
By: AkilzPIZZA2 First Son 2 posts

Enemy Buildings, More Sidearms

9 replies 640 views Edited Mar 13, 2017
So I think it would be pretty cool if you could like go into an enemy building or somthing like that. Like infiltrate a cyborg base for intel or entering a bug cave to retrieve things. Personally I think it would be pretty nice so that players don't get tired of just roaming around the outside of planets all the time. Another thing I would like to suggest are more sidearms. Something like a sword would be cool and more kinds of pistos would also be useful. Basically that's all I have in mind right now so I hope you guys could nake them real. 😀
Message 1 of 10 (640 Views)
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Re: Enemy Buildings, More Sidearms

Mar 13, 2017

That actually a great idea!And for the Illuminate,it could be a kind of teleport pad that bring us on on of their ships.Welcome to th forum Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10 (622 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 14, 2017

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 10 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Mar 14, 2017

Nice ideas, but if it ever happens, it'll probably be in Helldivers 2.

I can't see the developers making such huge enhancements to this game since it doesn't really generate them much money at this stage.

But of course, I don't mind if they prove me wrong.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3369 posts

Mar 14, 2017

Waiting patiently to see what Arrowhead's next game will be. I am expecting us to find out about it in 2017. Their last couple of games were released in 2015, so they are due to at least showing what they got cooking since.

Helldivers for Democracy Community on Steam & PlayStation 4

YouTube Channel: cusman
Message 5 of 10 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Mar 14, 2017

How many people are expecting an helldivers 2?Alot of people,im guessing! Would really be dissapointing if they showed us some game that isnt along the lines of a top down ie: gautlets,helldivers .But whatever it is,Arrowhead did earn my thrust over the last two years.Cant wait to see what they got for us!

Message 6 of 10 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3369 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2017

@LexXAnders  Considering my favorite new game this year so far is being Horizon Zero Dawn, I almost prefer for Arrowhead next game to be something new and fresh. Just like Helldivers was new and fresh and kept me happily gaming for 2+ years.

So as you say, just expecting another great co-op game from them. Not concerned what it is called. Just needs to be by the talented folks at Arrowhead.

Helldivers for Democracy Community on Steam & PlayStation 4

YouTube Channel: cusman
Message 7 of 10 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2017

I will buy whatever Arrowhead puts out next, not because it's badass but because I like the way they do business.

Having such a high level of support even 2 years after launch is often unheard of in games. (unless it's subscription-based).

Message 8 of 10 (543 Views)
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2017

I would definitely love a SWAT/Special Forces team game from Arrowhead.

The mechanics of Helldivers would transition very well to the new scenarios.

Hostage rescues... timed missions where extractions are needed before the whole building blows.

Assassination missions... take out a well protected dictator.

In some ways, the whole mechanics of Helldivers can be transposed onto a 4-man special forces mission, e.g. SAS team infiltrating a hostile compound... you need to use stealth and use binoculars to pinpoint the target... Imagine, all being on mics, and getting into position and synchronizing your entry into the building. This may have been done before, but I feel that AG's pedigree would elevate the execution... close range combat, reload mechanics, ammo management, flash bangs, grenade throwing.

If you get spotted, all hell breaks loose and you the enemy brings vehicular patrols and hunting dogs... they remain in higher alert for the rest of the mission. 

You could have a food-meter (where you have limited supplies) and energy levels dip the further into the mission you get. You can stash food and ammo for later pick up... Have a medic who really can heal you. It would be like Helldivers but the actual roles each player has would be more specific to ensure the success of the mission.

Ammo would be very limited as you can't call resupplies.. you can of course pick up guns from dead enemies as you are highly trained to use all guns!

In fact, unlike Helldivers, which allows for an infinite amount of ammo, your team has to load out correctly... There will be unknown numbers of enemies and the complex layout would be unknown... there would therefore be some risk in the loadout you bring, which would also be limited by weight and affect the speed of your player. 

(Not sure how it would work if one member of the team dies though, as it might be boring to have him/her just watch the rest of the mission! Maybe it's an instant mission failed).

Message 9 of 10 (520 Views)
Highlighted
Arrowhead Game Studios
466 posts

Mar 17, 2017

Thanks for the love we are seeing in the thread, we do appreciate it you guys! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10 (509 Views)