Oct 27 2016
By: ForeverAPeon Arrowhead Game Studios 466 posts

Community Cape Nominations

[ Edited ]
32 replies 1698 views Edited Nov 10, 2016

Greetings Soldiers,

Since patch 5.00 with the addition of the community cape I thought it would be a good idea to have an official sticky thread where you could go to nominate players for the prestigious Community Cape. 

The Helldivers Community Cape is given as a reward to outstanding individuals who have participated in - or helped out - the Helldivers community in various ways. Whether that be reporting bugs, guiding new recruits, winning competitions or actively participating and engaging in forum discussions, these individuals can be distinguished from other recruits.

Here are some examples of why someone could be nominated:

• Actively contributes and participates in discussions in the community above and beyond the average player
  • Helpful and welcoming to new players, passing on knowledge or teaching them
  • Reported bugs in a constructive and useful way, leading to solutions
  • Helps to troubleshoot other user problems and responds with good advice
  • Long term dedicated supporter of Helldivers, eg. moderating and curating unofficial communities
  • Has won a Helldivers competition

Nomination Rules:

• You may not nominated yourself.
  • Being nominated does not guarentee a cape - we look at each individual case.
  • All nominations need to have a description or motivation of why the person is being nominated. We will not consider a nomination without giving a detailed reason why.
  •  We want to keep this topic strictly for nominations. Discussion of nominations is of course promoted and encouraged, but we will not tolerate any flaming, trolling or begging. If we think a post breaks this rule we will remove it.

Message 1 of 33 (1,698 Views)
Sackboy
311 posts

Re: Community Cape Nominations

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2016

• Actively contributes and participates in discussions in the community above and beyond the average player
  • Reported bugs in a constructive and useful way, leading to solutions
  • Helps to troubleshoot other user problems and responds with good advice

The Obvious nominees for the above reasons would be @cusman  & @TheLethalDiva Been in here since it started, still here now. big contributors to the forum and still active in the game.

• Long term dedicated supporter of Helldivers, eg. moderating and curating unofficial communities

@the-tech-tard Day 1 Player, One of the first admirals and owner / moderator of a large and active PS4 helldiving community

@deadlyangel666  A long term, experienced helldiver. Patient and helpfull to new players. Still diving with low level randoms and acting as a guide to the inexperienced.

Edit: For the reasons already mentioned in cusmans post, i would like to echo his nomination of @cato_otac and also add @NALS_86 for his helldiving etiquette  guide - which should be incorporated into the basic training with a little check box to accept the terms and conditions of helldiving. 

Not sure if they are still active but feel they should be nominated for services rendered to the community

PS4 Community - Top Down Twin Sticks
Message 2 of 33 (1,679 Views)
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2016

I would nominate @cusman for his incredible compilation of YouTube videos all archived and arranged to demonstrate various stratagems and weapons. Also a great team player, friendly to all recruits and veterans. Sponsored a one armed heavy armor challenge to give all players a new challenge. Also taught others how to use Ps4 sharefactory to record videos and to stream. Edit: cusman also administers a Helldive for Democracy PS4 community which I've found to be very welcoming.

@TheLethalDiva - for her online posts and detailed essays which have added ideas and guidance to many players. Also very welcoming as a player who helps recruits (and veterans) in game with a great attitude. Helpful on bug fixing and encourages players to try new loadouts to increase the variety of gamepla

@vanemiera - http://vanemiera.net/liber-coffee/

Amazing tool for random loadouts. Really an amazing addition that allowed for Random Loadout Challenge that many players enjoyed. he continued to support the app and incorporated suggestions from the community to meet their needs.

@cato_otac
For putting together all the information available on the GamePedia Helldivers Wiki. I used this a lot and it's the portable guide of choice for any respectable helldiver on the go!

That was an incredible encyclopedia...

Edit:

Adding @THE-LORD-HERESY for his longstanding contributions to the reddit and psn helldivers thread. Always presents a fair (albeit direct!) and helpful opinion on how the game can be improved and provided good feedback to answer people's questions.

Adding @kimcorpuz for his youtube videos, over 1000+ hours of gameplay, inventor/master of many skilled techniques (melee-dodge, sprint-glitch, mine-sweeping trick)... plays well with new and veterans.

Edit2:

Added @craiglongstaff for promoting helldivers via administering the Twin Stick Shooter PS4 community. Rarely manage to dive with him because of the time difference, but on those occasions where we connected, it was a hilarious experience. Fully support other people's nomination of this colorful character. He always creates a friendly atmosphere for teamplay so would consider him to be an asset to the community.

Message 3 of 33 (1,664 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2016

I think Cusman deserves a cape for his various youtube vids, and posts and discussions on multiple forums.

I think Wilier deserves a cape, I feel he's been a strong ambassador for this game. He's very helpful to new players both in-game and on the forums.

Vanemiera, he created the random loadout app and has continued to support and update it, he's motivated many people to keep playing with this fun little addition to the game.

Turnertopia. a multiple Leaderboarder and a true mentor to players in Helldivers. One of the cooler people I've met when playing Helldivers, playing with him is always a treat.. A first class host.

Wingfrog most definitely deserves one. All the developers are cool, but Wingfrog especially seems to just want to dive into Helldivers on her free time. Ran into her several times when playing the game and has always been a very friendly and curteous host. I don't know if the developers get the community cape or not, but she definitely deserves one, IMO.

Message 4 of 33 (1,648 Views)
Fender Bender
3368 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2016

@ForeverAPeon  It was nice to finally get to play with you (or at least someone using your account) Robot Very Happy

I posted my first set of nominations in the Reddit post for the same topic which I am repeating below

---

I plan to nominate others, but will start with following (in no particular order)

Vanemiera

He plays on PSN (  @Vanemiera  ) and is the creator of Liber-Cofee which was inspired directly out of requests / discussions on reddit and the Helldivers PS Community forums about wanting randomized loadouts.

After initial roll-out, he continued to take ideas to improve and still supports the web application he built. Even went through the trouble of making it work from within the PS4 browser.

cato_otac

He plays on PSN (  @cato_otac  ) and I know to be one of the main people to have put together all the information available on the GamePedia Helldivers Wiki.

He was also the first in the community to show how a number of tasks in game considered too difficult could still be completed solo

• All three Enemy Masters
  • Bugs RS solo
  • Illuminates RS solo

Also in my opinion (per what I value in squad mates), one of the best Helldivers you could be fortunate to have playing along side you.

TheLethalDiva

She plays on PSN (  @TheLethalDiva  ) and as far as I can tell has been there from launch until now and without any notable break.

You will find her always active in community discussions giving her passionate opinions and views in both reddit and Helldivers PS Community posts. I don't always agree, but I always appreciate the different perspective and passion.

She has also been a standout when it comes to helping others who are reporting issues giving them guidance on how to resolve and also active in reporting bugs to Arrowhead in the Helldivers PS Community Support thread.

redwilier

He plays on PSN (  @wilier  ) and in addition to being active in the Helldivers PS Community and reddit posts organized and manages a PS4 Group called the Helldivers Challenge Group. Anytime someone is urging to find some Helldivers willing to partake in challenge scenario, they are able to message the group and soon enough some of the other members that are available to play join up. Even if not able to join, am often able to enjoy vicariously as they banter about during/after the session within the same Group with their messages.

Helldivers for Democracy Community on Steam & PlayStation 4

YouTube Channel: cusman
Message 5 of 33 (1,632 Views)
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2016

I second the nominations for @cusman, he definitely deserves it. He's made loads of excellent videos; is very active on this site and the Helldivers reddit; he's accomodating and helpful to newcomers; and is just generally a really positive influence among the community.

Message 6 of 33 (1,600 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Oct 28, 2016

@wilier and @cusman for their contributions here on the forums, being very patient team mates when you play with them in-game and helping out newbies and giving suggestions, comments and support. They also make the game more fun.  Smiley Happy

@kimcorpuz for being the most skilled person I've ever seen on Helldivers and for all the great videos that always make me feel inadequate.

Message 7 of 33 (1,561 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2016

Bonespiritw wrote:

@kimcorpuz for being the most skilled person I've ever seen on Helldivers and for all the great videos that always make me feel inadequate.

Thank you for the kind words. My goal was to encourage creativity and to challenge the community to bring out their best. Making anyone feel inadequate is the complete opposite of what i wanted to do.

Message 8 of 33 (1,545 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Oct 28, 2016

kimcorpuz wrote:

Bonespiritw wrote:

Thank you for the kind words. My goal was to encourage creativity and to challenge the community to bring out their best. Making anyone feel inadequate is the complete opposite of what i wanted to do.

hehe @kimcorpuz, just kidding there.

Actually I have a habit of watching your videos every morning when I'm eating my breakfast in front of the laptop, so I've learned a lot from your videos.

I know I can never be as good, but it serves as an inspiration.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 33 (1,529 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Oct 28, 2016
The choices above are obvious. Cusman, Diva, Wilier, and Kim all deserve a cape. Everyone else should be receiving their Purple Heart's via post.
 photo 20160312005435_zpsr9tpw4rx.jpg
Message 10 of 33 (1,521 Views)