Aug 07 2011
By: HWGuy14 Fender Bender 3334 posts

LOL What the hell happened to Guitar hero

8 replies 658 views Edited Aug 7, 2011

Remember when Guitr hero was the crap?

everyone talking about how theyre better than the other and how fast they can finish a level on expert

and that south park episode

Now its like it never happened... how did GH become so popular but then all the sudden die ? lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 9 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Re: LOL What the hell happened to Guitar hero

Aug 7, 2011

Activision saw that Warriors of Rock wasn't as popular as the Guitar Hero 3 and neither were any others so they decided to cancel the franchise.

Message 2 of 9 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Aug 7, 2011

it was great and exploded on the scene when it first came out but with yearly additions that came out with new expensive instruments people just couldnt keep up with them. imagine paying $180 or whatever it was every year just to have the new instruments. and also because the track lists were getting bad and people were getting bored of it like me. i wish they would make a game with modern rock songs instead of songs from the 70s 80s and 90s. that would make me pick one up right away.

Message 3 of 9 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Aug 7, 2011

Well old songs arent that bad, but yea new orkc would of been better.. and that costly equipment might have been the cause!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 9 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Aug 7, 2011

That's what happens when you over do it. Pushing out Guitar Hero titles every year on top of DLC for each game is too much. Rockband didn't help either.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 5 of 9 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Aug 7, 2011

We'll probably see a Guitar Hero reboot about 5 years from now in the hands of a publisher not Activision.

as12365b Trophy Card
Message 6 of 9 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Aug 7, 2011

we all want the next best thing, and playing music on games is not any more, maybe when we fogotten entirly about it the when the saerch about gitare hero , they will revive the franchise again for that time and so on, its like the 80s, we are at the time of reving the the video game and 8-bit era, digitatle stuff, like tron,and all things about sifi. we will go back to GH but it will be a while

Message 7 of 9 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Aug 7, 2011

Actually, this was on the news a few months ago. Sources say that kids these days "are more into modern music, not into oldies from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's. Sales are much higher in DJ Hero because of new music and modern artists". Guitar Hero will no longer be developed.

Message 8 of 9 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
439 posts

Oct 6, 2011

HWGuy14 wrote:

Remember when Guitr hero was the crap?

everyone talking about how theyre better than the other and how fast they can finish a level on expert

and that south park episode

Now its like it never happened... how did GH become so popular but then all the sudden die ? lol

HWGUY14 Trophy Card

Dude I totally agree. I bought Guitar Hero 3 just to make a point to myself. I know, weird right?

But my point is, after guitar hero 3, all guitar hero's just went down my toilet. Literally lol.

Guitar hero 3 has a great track list and great bonus songs to play, fun and easy to deal with. But i have played guitar hero 5 and world tour and they SUCK.

i wish the developers would stop putting some of the same songs from previous guitar heros into other guitar heros, and i hate how they made everything so complicated.

in guitar hero 3, you have to beat all 4 songs plus the encore to get to the next list of 4 songs.

in like, guitar hero 5, i think you only have to beat a certain amount of songs and then you can go to the next set but maybe i dont want to! i hate what the series has become. if i was CEO i would never let that happen which makes me feel better to know that i am smarter than those "so called" college people who fail at doing a franchise correctly.

"If you think it, the camera will see it" - Wes Craven

"The first monster you have to scare the audience with is yourself"

- Wes Craven

Message 9 of 9 (658 Views)
0 Likes