Jul 18 2012
By: White_oyster PlayStation MVP 3469 posts

Plot question. Major spoilers!!!!!

4 replies 575 views Edited Jul 18, 2012
So I'm quite far in the game so here is a second spoiler alert!!

For those who are finished or brave enough to look I was puzzled about something.

I am after this point and the Creator made it sound like I was entering the last mission since he warned me if I wanted I go back to any of the rift worlds to do so now as it was my last chance. So what I was curious to what other people's take on happens down in that forgotten village somewhere in time where the children lived stuck in a strange time vortex.
The strange little girl. Cyean was it? Who has another creator living in her said something about the world being the dreams of the girl. It almost made it sound like the whole of the games characters were living figments of her dream and only had life when she was asleep.

I found a few things got muddled around there. Are those things that will become clear soon? This game solidifies why playstation Japan is one of my favorite group of developers. They always make great stuff. This game is much much deeper than I originally gave it credit for. It is stylistically quite amazing, I don't even mean the graphics but all the little small touches and how it uses the vitas motion controls during still panels. It just has so many little things that come to make a special whole. And the foreshadowing in this game is so well done. Giving little clues throughout, and the world is all designed with a purpose. Things you are curious about right off but think just make up the Enviornment and have no significance but tack down to interesting design choices turn out to be pivotal like the pillar in the centre of the world that stretches above and below.

The game has surprised me with its depth and it's beauty and where the story has gone and it keeps surprising me.
The game isn't perfect, I find some of the bosses are needlessly annoying and long and seem almost out of place but just put there cause games usually have boss fights. But yeah I am deeply impressed with the game overall and am puzzled at some of the low reviews it got. The game definately has more than meets the eye.

Anyway back on track. So I'm interested in thoughts about the conversation I mentioned and the importance of the world you travel to when looking into the girls creepy eyes.

And I'm writing this on an iPhone so I apologize if it's wonky. It's a bit tricky to post on such a small screen and slow phone!
Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (575 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3469 posts

Re: Plot question. Major spoilers!!!!!

Jul 18, 2012

Ok SPOILERS again!!!

So I was closer to the end than I thought and have finished the game, though I missed a few of those ghostly conversations which is annoying cause I was always curious what they were going to say.  I think I had six more of the conversations, and I missed out on giving the letter back to the girl who lost it which was sad to cause I didn't get to see what happened with that!  Oh well

Anyway, it seems like the game may be setting itself up for a sequel cause it left a lot of questions un-answered. I'm getting the impression that Kat is a queen of some sort of a castle up in the sky?  But then at the end it went on about dreams again and peoples roles in those dreams, and the children in the arc is a big myster, how they truly got down to that village, who was in the village before the children and why they are asleep and where the arc went after Kat got separated and how the creator was able to call on it to help.

The end seemed to just open up more questions.    So I'd love to hear thoughts and theories about it, and I very much hope they are making another game that will explore more of these strange worlds, though I hope it won't have so many annoyingly long boss missions with time limits that are just frustrating, not really difficult but frustrating.  

But I found the end came quite suddenly and I wasn't prepared for it and it really feels like something is missing, so hopefully that something missing is another gravity rush thats in the works.   I'm glad I bought it during the sale where I got Gravity Rush for free and a Vita starter pack, I was wanting to wait to get the white Vita thats coming but I don't want to play portable assasins creed at all since I preffer console games on home consoles, so even though no white Vita I got the best deal for myself.  

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (569 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3469 posts

Aug 23, 2012
No one has any thoughts at all? :-(

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (544 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 25, 2012

If they don't make a Gravity Rush 2 then i would be VERY surprised, This series was the only reason i have a vita truth be told and i would be a little dissapointed if they didn't let me see the second tower and the world around it... also i want to be able to buy a house and furniture (idea)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (540 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1105 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012
Kat might have gone all the way to the bottom but she DIDN'T go all the way up :smileywink:. I remember seeing that castle in the first cutscene when you touch the apple. I agree I really like Japan Studios, hope to see a new sequel.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (538 Views)
0 Likes